• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

canadian wings fan

Dan Dekeyser Watch

Rate this topic

I agree that Danny isn't an offensive d-man. But I totally disagree with the people saying he lacks confidence in the offensive zone. He's got a solid low point shot, and he is very heads up. The last few games in particular he's made some slap passes/ shots for tips that you don't see too many defensemen let alone rookie defensemen make.

To be honest I would rather see him play with kindl on the pp over Quincey.

Are you serious? You haven't got the first clue what my "expectations" are. Maybe try reading what I actually write instead of trying to interpret it the way you want to?

The game is not one dimensional and every single player out there has to be able to play both defense and offense so yes he sure as hell needs confidence in the offensive zone.

You obviously don't post much, and for good reason... If you can't have a proper debate without throwing your coffee at the screen everytime someone disagrees with you then maybe you shouldn't be on here, because no one agrees with everyone all the time.

That being said he is right. Do you remember Kronner at the beginning of the season, trying to be #5? It is not his style of play and isn't what got him into the nhl, so it didn't work for him. We need a big shut down defensemen, everyone complains all we have is puck moving offensive defensemen, we land dekeyser, everyone is happy, everyone knows his role is to keep the puck out of our zone as much as possible and get it to the forwards, but now you want him to turn into kronwall? When you start getting more "confident" offensively, you tend to open yourself up defensively, you cannot have it both ways, so I will take his defensive game over his offensive (or lack thereof) game.

I am very impressed with DeKeysers positional and defensive game but he seems to lack confidence offensively. He always looks like he is more worried about making a mistake and backs off early instead of getting in a good position to shoot or pinch in offensively.

The technical term for this is called "playing your position"

I see I have upset the DeKeyser official fanclub, well do continue your circlejerking boys don't let me interrupt...

honestly, you should be banned for being a complete ******.

It has nothing to do with a fanclub, you just keep saying he needs to be more offensively confident, and thats all. We are providing solid reasons why we don't need him to be, and your response is that of a 12 year olds when he is proven wrong but refuses to admit it.

There is no solid reason on this planet for any player especially a young one to not aspire to improving offensively.

Stop seeing everything in black and white and maybe this discussion will go somewhere.

There is no solid reason on this planet for any player especially a young one to not aspire to improving offensively.

Stop seeing everything in black and white and maybe this discussion will go somewhere.

Seeing in black and white? I'm looking at how he has played throughout his hockey career. I'm not sure why there is any reason to believe that magically now in this point in his career, would he magically start producing offensively? Danny DeKeyser, even in his younger years, hasn't put up numbers offensively. It is not his game. Your complaint about him was that he lacked confidence in the offensive zone. I tried explaining to you, for his role, his has more than enough confidence. He pinches when he sees fit, he keeps the play going, and he absolutely helps the transition. All of those attribute to offensive production and confidence. You didn't want to believe this for some ungodly reason and took it as if I was trying to be high and mighty. I wasn't. I was telling to have you understand the type of player he has been through his career. You then take me trying to explain to you once again, that it's simply not his game to score goals. It shouldn't be regarded towards his play either. His play revolves around that in his own zone, not in the offensive.

He has never scored goals in his younger years, why should we expect him to magically start scoring at this level? It is not his game. Nor should it be expected.

stop responding like a spoiled child and maybe it will go somewhere. He has more confidence offensively then most of our team. Scoring goals is not the only thing that is offensive, the start of the rush from your own end is where the offense begins, it doesn't start from the puck being shot into the net, and offense is generated from good cycling in the o-zone, and good passes, which he is great at, so your argument is invalid, go troll elsewhere.

Seeing in black and white? I'm looking at how he has played throughout his hockey career. I'm not sure why there is any reason to believe that magically now in this point in his career, would he magically start producing offensively? Danny DeKeyser, even in his younger years, hasn't put up numbers offensively. It is not his game. Your complaint about him was that he lacked confidence in the offensive zone. I tried explaining to you, for his role, his has more than enough confidence. He pinches when he sees fit, he keeps the play going, and he absolutely helps the transition. All of those attribute to offensive production and confidence. You didn't want to believe this for some ungodly reason and took it as if I was trying to be high and mighty. I wasn't. I was telling to have you understand the type of player he has been through his career. You then take me trying to explain to you once again, that it's simply not his game to score goals. It shouldn't be regarded towards his play either. His play revolves around that in his own zone, not in the offensive.

He has never scored goals in his younger years, why should we expect him to magically start scoring at this level? It is not his game. Nor should it be expected.

DO NOT argue with logic and reason, that is ridiculous...

And who says he doesn't aspire to improve offensively?

The main point is he's played what, 8 games in the NHL? He's going to improve in all areas of the game.

But based on his career up until now it's unlikely he will significantly increase his scoring at the NHL level.

He barely remembers the way to the locker room at this point he's been there so few times, so I have no idea why you guys are fixating on this argument about his offensive potential.

And who says he doesn't aspire to improve offensively?

The main point is he's played what, 8 games in the NHL? He's going to improve in all areas of the game.

But based on his career up until now it's unlikely he will significantly increase his scoring at the NHL level.

He barely remembers the way to the locker room at this point he's been there so few times, so I have no idea why you guys are fixating on this argument about his offensive potential.

That is what his team of defense attorneys here are saying though. DeKeyser is apparently already perfect in both the defensive and offensive aspects of his game and god forbid someone would criticise him on either of those, that would just be awful...

That is what his team of defense attorneys here are saying though. DeKeyser is apparently already perfect in both the defensive and offensive aspects of his game and god forbid someone would criticise him on either of those, that would just be awful...

No one said he was perfect...People are just saying that offense isn't a "big" part of his game and that is correct thus far in his young career. Too much focus on this part of Danny D's job back there that's for sure, just keep looking the way he's looking and make the frigging playoffs, we can talk about Danny becoming a sniper in June...

He will pick up in

He will pick up in offensive production I would think. If you watch him play, as soon as he gets the puck he gets rid if it. He knows exactly where he's going as soon as he gets it, and after a while that will translate over into the offensive zone. He knows where his teamates are, the longer he's around the more familiar he'll get too. He may not pot 10 goals but I bet he gets a lot of assists, secondary assists.

Guest The Axe

Dekeyser is a north and south / between the dots guys. Nobody gets by him to the inside and he doesn't get caught up ice. Simple as that. We got enough guys who get burned because they think they are Lidstrom (cough Kronwall cough Smith). I'm cool with Ericsson, Lashoff, Quincey, and Dekeyser playing sound defense so Smith, Kind, and Kronwall can push up ice a bit.

Guest Johnz96

McDonagh had similar production in college and has developed (still developing) into a solid 30 point top pair stay at home d-man.
A lot of players change during their careers. Franzen was originally a hard working defensive forward (even before coming to the NHL). Kronwall couldn't score goals in his first few years but racked up the assists and then more recently (until this year) he has been scoring goals but getting nowhere near the assists he used to get.
Based on what I have seen, his smarts, his skating, his reach, I think he could develop into a slid 30-50 point d-man

Hey! After a little "vacation" (don't worry I was reading the whole time) I am glad to say I am oh so happy that everyone is happy with Danny D! I knew he was coming here (thanks to my buddy dating Danny's Sister) and I knew he was going to be NHL ready and become a big part of the Defense. He is our best defensive defenseman out there and as long as he is allowed to be just that, Mr. Kronwall can go back to doing what he does best as well.

Of course I am edgy about keeping the "streak" alive, but I am OH SO excited about this team's future moving forward starting this draft. I have a ton of topics to reply in since I couldn't but had to start in this one, since I was the first guy (basically, although I do think someone posted the same video I did last season a bit earlier, but I was the one to hand out the little inside info from my buddy) to mention Danny D. I was most definitely his biggest proponent on here and am so glad he is a Red Wing and will probably be for life...Good on Ya Danny!

LeftWinger! Welcome back buddy! Was wondering where you had gone... especially after DeKeyser had signed. Happy everything worked out and he's with the team now. Didn't want to see what happened if he went elsewhere with you, haha. He has definitely made a smoother transition than expect, at least in my opinion. Really happy to see his success thus far.

Guest The Axe

Hey! After a little "vacation" (don't worry I was reading the whole time) I am glad to say I am oh so happy that everyone is happy with Danny D! I knew he was coming here (thanks to my buddy dating Danny's Sister) and I knew he was going to be NHL ready and become a big part of the Defense. He is our best defensive defenseman out there and as long as he is allowed to be just that, Mr. Kronwall can go back to doing what he does best as well.

Of course I am edgy about keeping the "streak" alive, but I am OH SO excited about this team's future moving forward starting this draft. I have a ton of topics to reply in since I couldn't but had to start in this one, since I was the first guy (basically, although I do think someone posted the same video I did last season a bit earlier, but I was the one to hand out the little inside info from my buddy) to mention Danny D. I was most definitely his biggest proponent on here and am so glad he is a Red Wing and will probably be for life...Good on Ya Danny!

Welcome back, brother. Dekeyser is definitely the real deal.

LeftWinger! Welcome back buddy! Was wondering where you had gone... especially after DeKeyser had signed. Happy everything worked out and he's with the team now. Didn't want to see what happened if he went elsewhere with you, haha. He has definitely made a smoother transition than expect, at least in my opinion. Really happy to see his success thus far.

Welcome back, brother. Dekeyser is definitely the real deal.

Hey thanks guys!

I would have been SUPER disappointed with Ken Holland if Danny would've have signed somewhere else. Not for not trying, obviously he tried as much as anyone could (as he did with Suter) but for letting Detroit become such an unattractive place to be that even a hometown kid didn't want to come here...he may have still made Detroit unattractive (this off season weighs HUGE in that respect) but at least he is able to steal some talent that the rest of the NHL coveted...the draft is going to tell a lot of Holland's direction with this team. HE needs big and strong and fast players to compete in the East. No more soft skilled fast players...no more 6'3" 175'lb defensemen....no more 5'10" 165lb. forwards...

The model of the last 15 years he has been drafting has to end. (well the last couple of drafts (especially last year) have been positive.) But I will save all my thoughts on that for the soon to made 2013 draft day thread...

Guest The Axe

Did you know Jarnkrock is 156 lbs? Wtf? How can anyone take this guy seriously when he weighs as much as an 8th grader?