• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

Nyquist thoughts

Rate this topic

Red Wings have top talent (Z and P) but our two other best forwards (Flipulla and Franzen) don't show up most games. Flipulla has been better than Franzen. The secondary scoring on this team is not terrible, but our top two lines just suck.

3rd liner - Datsyuk - Franzen (lazy)

3rd liner - Zetterberg - Flipulla (lazy)

If your going to just randomly stick someone on those lines, you should at least put someone with some descernable talent. Tatar and Nyquest are at least fast and motivated. Cleary randomly scores goals sometimes. Aby had one amazing game, but isn't a top line player.

Change the god damn lines, the Wings can't score, they haven't been scoring for a while.

Guest Crymson

Tatar is good, but he is not a top 6 guy yet. Nyquist is a much better all around player.

Fixed.

Red Wings have top talent (Z and P) but our two other best forwards (Flipulla and Franzen) don't show up most games. Flipulla has been better than Franzen. The secondary scoring on this team is not terrible, but our top two lines just suck.

3rd liner - Datsyuk - Franzen (lazy)

3rd liner - Zetterberg - Flipulla (lazy)

If your going to just randomly stick someone on those lines, you should at least put someone with some descernable talent. Tatar and Nyquest are at least fast and motivated. Cleary randomly scores goals sometimes. Aby had one amazing game, but isn't a top line player.

Change the god damn lines, the Wings can't score, they haven't been scoring for a while.

The Elephant in the Room (Since 2009)

Umm, 2011 7th in the league, 2010 2nd in the league?

This is true, but the guys responsible for that production have moved on, retired, or are declining in production. We haven't developed a quality winger since Franzen. Haven't developed a top defenseman since Kronwall. Four of our current top sixers are centers, two of whom are playing out of position and were never scorers to begin with.

We don't have the right people for the job, simple as that. Want a scoring winger? Draft and develop one, or trade for one. Don't try to make Flip or Abby something they aren't. It takes world class talent to be able to switch around like that. Hell even Ovechkin had a serious slump when he moved from left to right wing...and that's ******* Ovechkin (who scored twice more last night, officially proving everyone who said "he's been figured out", completely wrong). You can't just move these guys around willy nilly and expect a miracle. Well you can, but we've seen how that turns out.

Gus is one of my favorite players to watch at the moment. I can only imagine how much he's gonna progress over these next few years. I think these playoffs have transformed him big time

Ray Ferraro on Vancouver's team 1040 this morning talking about Nyquist. He says unfortunately Filppula will have a market value of 5 million and Detroit will not be able to keep him. Nyquist will be his replacement.

I'm thinking maybe not as good on defense but definitely a more potent offense of threat.

Tatar replaces Nyquist on the third line. i hate to see Filppula go, but I think we can live with it.

Edited by T.Low

I think he is a good NHL player right now and can be an outstanding player in the very near future. No questions about it. Quick great hands almost Pav like smarts

I gotta admit, my concerns over whether he would be able to adapt his game to the NHL have proven misplaced. Since he came back up he's been superb.

He does need to work on his shot accuracy though. He creates a lot of chances with his skill and speed and misses the net a LOT.