100 replies to this topic

#61 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Gus needs to start to burry his breakaway chances, and soon

isn't he like 2 for 5 on the breakaway?  he's the only guy this year that's got any breakaways either too aside from 1 Z buried.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#62 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

isn't he like 2 for 5 on the breakaway?  he's the only guy this year that's got any breakaways either too aside from 1 Z buried.

Mule has one. Top cheese.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#63 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

Pretty sure two of Filppula's goals are breakaways.  Definitely one was, but I think he's got two.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#64 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

Mule has one. Top cheese.

That was a sweet ass goal.  Good thing Brunner can pass too, Eh?

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#65 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

Don't forget big rigs breakaway

#66 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Z Winged Dangler I love your avatar  :clap:

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#67 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

Z Winged Dangler I love your avatar  :clap:

I got inspired in the Sheahan thread.  I laughed at the video with the costume only going slightly passed his knee caps.  This one's staying until I get inspired again.

#68 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

Don't forget big rigs breakaway

5 inches higher and that was a snipe show.  He would have to change his Xbox gamertag to #//Dang13z*3ric550n*~~t0p*5h31F*5n1P3R!//~~  and he'd demand $5 million a year on his next contract.

#69 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

Bump

Jesus Christ, this kid needs more ice time! He creates every time he is on the ice.

(BTW, I'm not criticizing Babs, I'm just excited by this kid)

#70 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

Gus is one of my favorite players to watch at the  moment. I can only imagine how much he's gonna progress over these next few years. I think these playoffs have transformed him big time

#71 Smite

Smite

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

He reminds my of this young star of the past

85f707cc-c0d9-47a6-9143-fb7e184ed593.jpg

"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#72 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Ray Ferraro on Vancouver's team 1040 this morning talking about Nyquist. He says unfortunately Filppula will have a market value of 5 million and Detroit will not be able to keep him. Nyquist will be his replacement.

I'm thinking maybe not as good on defense but definitely a more potent offense of threat.

Tatar replaces Nyquist on the third line. i hate to see Filppula go, but I think we can live with it.

Edited by T.Low, 24 May 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#73 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

I think he is a good NHL player right now and can be an outstanding player in the very near future. No questions about it. Quick great hands almost Pav like smarts
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#74 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

I gotta admit, my concerns over whether he would be able to adapt his game to the NHL have proven misplaced.  Since he came back up he's been superb.

He does need to work on his shot accuracy though.  He creates a lot of chances with his skill and speed and misses the net a LOT.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#75 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

Goose will get a letter on his sweater someday.

works every time

#76 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

Dude has the most potential to take over Datsyuks role in the future. In 3 years I think this kid can become a good offensive threat, in about 4 or 5 a complete player once he gets use to playing against the top players. Next year teams are going to pay attention to him so it will be a little harder.

Happy to have you on the team Nyquist.

#77 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Ray Ferraro on Vancouver's team 1040 this morning talking about Nyquist. He says unfortunately Filppula will have a market value of 5 million and Detroit will not be able to keep him. Nyquist will be his replacement.

I'm thinking maybe not as good on defense but definitely a more potent offense of threat.

Tatar replaces Nyquist on the third line. i hate to see Filppula go, but I think we can live with it.

I agree he is not at Fil's defensive ability YET, but he definitely has the potential.

That shift last night where he stole the puck from Kane TWICE was awesome!!!!

#78 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

I agree he is not at Fil's defensive ability YET, but he definitely has the potential.

That shift last night where he stole the puck from Kane TWICE was awesome!!!!

That was a dirty Datsyuk ninja steal.  Kane was dumbfounded and no doubt embarrassed. 

#79 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

Dude has the most potential to take over Datsyuks role in the future. In 3 years I think this kid can become a good offensive threat, in about 4 or 5 a complete player once he gets use to playing against the top players. Next year teams are going to pay attention to him so it will be a little harder.

Happy to have you on the team Nyquist.

Absolutely.  Look, any direct comparison to Datsyuk is going to sound ridiculous because they will NEVER be another player quite like #13.  But if you watched Datsyuk play in that first rookie season (2001-02), Nyquist reminds me a lot of what I saw from Datysuk in those early years.  Datsyuk had obvious creativity and puckhandling skills, but he'd string about 2 or 3 ideas together and then would either run out of ideas, run out of time, or get planted on his butt.  What made Datsyuk into a world-class star was his work effort, added upper body strength, his dedication to the 2-way game, and the added experience of what he could do with the puck in the NHL.  Logic tells you that a 34-year-old Datsyuk can't be as explosive as he was 10 years ago, but his game (like Larionov before him) is so cerebral that I swear there are times he's playing better hockey now than he ever has.

Before this year, Tatar was the player that I thought was most "Datsyuk"-like.  Over the past month or so, I've become a huge Nyquist fan.  That stick check he does is so similar to Datsyuk's, it's almost as if he taught it to him one-on-one.  Time will tell if Nyquist has the additional tools to put it all together, but could you think of a better mentoring situation than playing around 13 and 40?

The idea that we have Nyquist, Tatar, and Jurco, and if two out of those three could become even 70% of what Datsyuk and Zetterberg are, this team could be in better shape than most people predicted.

#80 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

he's awesome! flip wont leave or ask for 5m.. he will get a bit of a bump, maybe up to 4m .. he ain't no hudler, i'd be shocked if he decides to test the marker like that clown (russia and calgary).