Photo
- - - - -

Legitimate Way to Watch NHL Network Games?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

AT&T does not offer NHLN and I live just outside the Detroit Market, so I have game center live. When games are on NHLN, they are blacked out on GCL, and there seems to be no way to watch the game.
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#2 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

AT&T does not offer NHLN and I live just outside the Detroit Market, so I have game center live. When games are on NHLN, they are blacked out on GCL, and there seems to be no way to watch the game.

You need a service like unblock-us (I use it all the time for other things) but it works with Gamecenter.

http://support.unblo...thout-blackouts

#3 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

Check your PMs.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#4 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

You need a service like unblock-us (I use it all the time for other things) but it works with Gamecenter.

http://support.unblo...thout-blackouts

Looks like a proxy.  There are free ones too.  I really dislike how they handle blackouts, it's like someone made the rules without actually thinking about how and who it would affect.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#5 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

Looks like a proxy.  There are free ones too.  I really dislike how they handle blackouts, it's like someone made the rules without actually thinking about how and who it would affect.

My Work has a couple accounts on there so I just use them for other purposes as well :)

I know what you mean though, it makes no sense to blackout games.

#6 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

I also have Gamecenter Live and boy does that blackout restriction get annoying. If you're paying THAT much money, you should get every game regardless if its on OLN or not.

btw, unblock us seems to work for most people. I used it last night, although the stream was very chopping. IDK if that had anything to do with the unblock us service or not.

#7 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

This is my first year with Gamecenter. I am wondering how far into the playoffs they show?

KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#8 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

This is my first year with Gamecenter. I am wondering how far into the playoffs they show?

They show no playoff games.

All playoff games are nationally televised on one of NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, or NHLN. Fortunately the wings didn't play on NHLN last year in the playoffs.
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#9 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

They show no playoff games.

All playoff games are nationally televised on one of NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, or NHLN. Fortunately the wings didn't play on NHLN last year in the playoffs.

I'm not sure playoff games are on NHLN.  I'm not doubting you, I just don't recall any of them being on there.  Center Ice shows first two rounds of playoffs, because the last two rounds are NBC exclusives.  At least that's how I recall it working.  I would imagine it would be similar for GCL, but I don't use that either.  Actually, considering GCL blacks out everything on a national channel, it would make sense they don't show any playoff games.  Even with Center Ice I can't watch FSD, I have to watch national which means, why would they even show any playoff games on Center Ice?  It's for out of market viewers, which have to watch national...  Boo to blackouts.

Edited by rrasco, 10 April 2013 - 01:12 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#10 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

I'm not sure playoff games are on NHLN.  I'm not doubting you, I just don't recall any of them being on there.  Center Ice shows first two rounds of playoffs, because the last two rounds are NBC exclusives.  I would imagine it would be similar for GCL, but I don't use that either.

That actually sounds about right. I remember them showing the playoffs within the first round or two because all games weren't nationally broadcasted. Once the conference finals came into play and all games were televised, they cut support through center ice and gamecenterlive. Although, last season I believe didn't they start the "broadcast every single game" on national television? Blah, can't remember if it was all playoffs or just after the first round.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#11 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

If you use Chrome, look into an add-on called 'Stealthy'. Works like a champ.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#12 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Using a proxy to circumvent blackouts is just as "unlegit" as finding streams online. They are both means to the same end of watching stuff that you werent meant to see. With that said there are easier ways than using proxies when you realize you are already being  "unlegit"