• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Legitimate Way to Watch NHL Network Games?

Rate this topic

AT&T does not offer NHLN and I live just outside the Detroit Market, so I have game center live. When games are on NHLN, they are blacked out on GCL, and there seems to be no way to watch the game.

You need a service like unblock-us (I use it all the time for other things) but it works with Gamecenter.

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/949007-watch-nhl-game-center-live---without-blackouts

AT&T does not offer NHLN and I live just outside the Detroit Market, so I have game center live. When games are on NHLN, they are blacked out on GCL, and there seems to be no way to watch the game.

Check your PMs.

esteef

You need a service like unblock-us (I use it all the time for other things) but it works with Gamecenter.

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/949007-watch-nhl-game-center-live---without-blackouts

Looks like a proxy. There are free ones too. I really dislike how they handle blackouts, it's like someone made the rules without actually thinking about how and who it would affect.

Looks like a proxy. There are free ones too. I really dislike how they handle blackouts, it's like someone made the rules without actually thinking about how and who it would affect.

My Work has a couple accounts on there so I just use them for other purposes as well :)

I know what you mean though, it makes no sense to blackout games.

I also have Gamecenter Live and boy does that blackout restriction get annoying. If you're paying THAT much money, you should get every game regardless if its on OLN or not.

btw, unblock us seems to work for most people. I used it last night, although the stream was very chopping. IDK if that had anything to do with the unblock us service or not.

They show no playoff games.

All playoff games are nationally televised on one of NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, or NHLN. Fortunately the wings didn't play on NHLN last year in the playoffs.

I'm not sure playoff games are on NHLN. I'm not doubting you, I just don't recall any of them being on there. Center Ice shows first two rounds of playoffs, because the last two rounds are NBC exclusives. At least that's how I recall it working. I would imagine it would be similar for GCL, but I don't use that either. Actually, considering GCL blacks out everything on a national channel, it would make sense they don't show any playoff games. Even with Center Ice I can't watch FSD, I have to watch national which means, why would they even show any playoff games on Center Ice? It's for out of market viewers, which have to watch national... Boo to blackouts.

Edited by rrasco

I'm not sure playoff games are on NHLN. I'm not doubting you, I just don't recall any of them being on there. Center Ice shows first two rounds of playoffs, because the last two rounds are NBC exclusives. I would imagine it would be similar for GCL, but I don't use that either.

That actually sounds about right. I remember them showing the playoffs within the first round or two because all games weren't nationally broadcasted. Once the conference finals came into play and all games were televised, they cut support through center ice and gamecenterlive. Although, last season I believe didn't they start the "broadcast every single game" on national television? Blah, can't remember if it was all playoffs or just after the first round.

Using a proxy to circumvent blackouts is just as "unlegit" as finding streams online. They are both means to the same end of watching stuff that you werent meant to see. With that said there are easier ways than using proxies when you realize you are already being "unlegit"