• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jedi

4/5 GDT: Red Wings 3 @ Avalanche 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Behold, today's GDT in it's cheaply-hotlinked-copied-and-pasted glory!!!

yo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gifvs. 64.gif

Detroit Red Wings vs. Colorado Avalanche

Pepsi Center, Denver CO, 9:00pm EDT

Game #38 of the 2013 season

3rd & Final regular season meeting

Previous meetings, 3/5 - 2-1 Detroit & 4/1 - 3-2 Detroit

Current record: 18-14-5 for 41 pts

Currently 7th in the Western Conference Standings

Dekeyser's starting tonight, first NHL game for him.

Ken Kal on Twitter is reminiscing about memories of the Wings/Avs rivalry. So, for a good read, click on by. And if you're more inclined to watch than read, then look no further...

Let's Go Wings!

We really need this win tonight. Sitting in the 7th spot with St. Louis having 1 point less than us and playing two games less..OUCH!!! Not to mention teams 9-12 have a damn good chance to catch up to us.

So for tonight, LET'S GO BLUES, LET'S GO DUCKS, and LET'S GO FLAMES!!

Edited by dragonballgtz

Ken Kal on Twitter is reminiscing about memories of the Wings/Avs rivalry. So, for a good read, click on by. And if you're more inclined to watch than read, then look no further...

Let's Go Wings!

Watching those highlights made me have to watch all the fights from that night. I loved that team so much. I miss the days where players would stick up for their teammates.

Also, I wonder what would happen if there was a bloody brawl like that today where you cannot play with blood on your jersey. lol. Would have been a 4 on 4 pond hockey kind of game.

Edited by Wingsfan72

We really need this win tonight. Sitting in the 7th spot with St. Louis having 1 point less than us and playing two games less..OUCH!!! Not to mention teams 9-12 have a damn good chance to catch up to us.

So for tonight, LET'S GO BLUES, LET'S GO DUCKS, and LET'S GO FLAMES!!

Wait, you're cheering for the Blues!? They would then possibly pass us while Columbus would only potentially tie us if they win. I say go Blue Jackets!

Oh and, of course, GO WINGS!!!

Great video! Thanks for the post! I can never get enough of that rivalry, the grind line, the Russian 5, we were truly privileged to be wings fans in the 90's

And lucky to have a great rival to test ourselves against every season too.

And lucky to have a great rival to test ourselves against every season too.

I was just about to say.

Sometimes I wonder if our lack of a bona fide blood-boiling rival hurts us. This is one of the many reasons why I'm so pumped for realignment. Imagine if we *hit it off* with the Bruins, Leafs, Habs.

Edited by Dabura

I'm too scared of the implications of losing this game to pick a final score, or even a winner.

However, I will predict that for reasons unknown to everyone, Chuck Kobasew (angered because the uniform people accidentally reversed the digits on his uniform) will lay into Justin Abdelkader, who will object. As the two battle, Emmerton will be drawn by magnetic karma to Matt Hunwick, who will then turtle as Emmy beats him to a pulp. Giggy or Varlamov (whoever's in goal) will rush out to help, but will be clotheslined by Nyquist. Jimmy will come out of his crease and meet Giggy or Varlamov in an epic battle at center ice.

Hopefully Emmy will score a goal in overtime to win the game, but I'm not betting on it.

Wait, is this a real thing now???

Yep. I think they bring extras, but I recall recently that Tootoo removed his jersey in the penalty box so as not to bleed on it after a fight and they commented on how smart that was. Blood is now considered hazardous waste.

Yep. I think they bring extras, but I recall recently that Tootoo removed his jersey in the penalty box so as not to bleed on it after a fight and they commented on how smart that was. Blood is now considered hazardous waste.

I learned something today!

I learned something today!

Found it!
Blood
– A player who is bleeding or who has visible blood on his equipment or body shall be ruled off the ice at the next stoppage of play.
Such player shall not be permitted to return to play until the
bleeding has been stopped and the cut or abrasion covered (if necessary). It
is required that any affected equipment and/or uniform be properly decontaminated or exchanged.

Found it!
Blood
– A player who is bleeding or who has visible blood on his equipment or body shall be ruled off the ice at the next stoppage of play.
is required that any affected equipment and/or uniform be properly decontaminated or exchanged.

The "Walking Dead" rule.

Found it!
Blood

HANB001020-350x243.jpg

esteef

However, I will predict that for reasons unknown to everyone, Chuck Kobasew (angered because the uniform people accidentally reversed the digits on his uniform) will lay into Justin Abdelkader, who will object. As the two battle, Emmerton will be drawn by magnetic karma to Matt Hunwick, who will then turtle as Emmy beats him to a pulp. Giggy or Varlamov (whoever's in goal) will rush out to help, but will be clotheslined by Nyquist. Jimmy will come out of his crease and meet Giggy or Varlamov in an epic battle at center ice.

Hopefully Emmy will score a goal in overtime to win the game, but I'm not betting on it.

I lol'd :clap:

According to twitter:

D Pairings:

Kronwall - Ericsson

Quincey - Kindl

DeKeyser - White

Lashoff, Colo & Smith scratched... I like Smitty being scratched, a game off for him right now is the right move, he has struggled lately. A break is needed for him, regroup and get back at it.

Khan on twitter also said DD and Quincey paired up on the PK

According to twitter:

D Pairings:

Kronwall - Ericsson

Quincey - Kindl

DeKeyser - White

Lashoff, Colo & Smith scratched... I like Smitty being scratched, a game off for him right now is the right move, he has struggled lately. A break is needed for him, regroup and get back at it.

I agree with Smith... give him a game off and let him regroup. But sitting Carlo is just stupid because he has played very well these past two games. He has been solid defensively (better than most of our Dmen actually) and has been moving the puck and getting shots to the net. Sitting him is a retarded move.

I think Kindl should be sitting. But the main thing is, Babcock cannot continue to make this amount of changes following this game. We need a solidified group of Dmen... 6 regulars so that they can get used to a partner. That is quite clearly a problem with these D pairings... they are always changed therefore they are not used to their partners and therefore more breakdowns happen. So, Babcock needs to make his mind up after this game.

Lastly, in the same article on Mlive, I read Babs plans on starting with his same STUPID forward lines. What the eff needs to happen for him to realize that THOSE LINES SUCK!? There is not another coach in this league that would stick to these lines as long as he has. Last night is a prime example that they need to change. He finally changed them last night in the 3rd and the Wings played significantly better once Pavs and Hank were together... why not start with that tonight for a change?! IF the Wings lose this game because of these dumb lines, Kenny needs to let Babcock know he wants changes, otherwise he will make them himself because it is just silly at this point how hard headed he is.

According to twitter:

D Pairings:

Kronwall - Ericsson

Quincey - Kindl

DeKeyser - White

I agree on Smith as much as i like him...but i can't wait to se a pair of him and Dekeyser. There is a future there methinks