• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jedi

4/5 GDT: Red Wings 3 @ Avalanche 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

maybe now mike babcock realizes that datsyuk and Zetterberg should play together. I mean did you guys watch how much better Z and Dats play ? its like they both have a 6th sense of exactly where theyre going to be. Especially this late in the season when both are focused to make it to playoffs, its best to keep them together. any opinions?

maybe now mike babcock realizes that datsyuk and Zetterberg should play together. I mean did you guys watch how much better Z and Dats play ? its like they both have a 6th sense of exactly where theyre going to be. Especially this late in the season when both are focused to make it to playoffs, its best to keep them together. any opinions?

It's almost like they each played as if they had a legitimate top sixer to play with.

Guest Crymson

Dude just knows where the play is going and stops the other team from executing it. Lovin' it.

He also committed some unpleasant giveaways, but those occurred mostly from inexperience with the system.

Before the game: Wings have no business losing this game

Watching the 3rd: Wings have no business winning this game

your two best and most consistent players came through Datsyuk and Howard, not impressed with anyone else this season at all

Edited by Yak19

Watching the 3rd: Wings have no business winning this game

your two best and most consistent players came through Datsyuk and Howard, not impressed with anyone else this season at all

really? not Z, Brunner, Nyquist, Tatar, Lashoff, andersson, or tootoo?

really? not Z, Brunner, Nyquist, Tatar, Lashoff, andersson, or tootoo?

Yes to Tootoo and Tatar but he hasn't had enough time

Z has been inconsistent

Brunner can't keep up with the intensity and physicality of the NHL

Lashoff is ok for what he is

Andersson so-so

not impressed with any of them

Guest Crymson

FYI, the Avs are one of the best teams in the league at home.

Z has been inconsistent

Andersson so-so

Lol so I guess you were expecting 20+ goals from Brunner this shortened season. He has kept up fine with the physicality. He hasn't been getting pushed off the puck and has 11 goals in 35 games so far which we would take from any rookie. Oh and I guess Lashoff was supposed to be the second coming of Lids in his rookie season. There was absolutely no reason to expect any more from these two players than they have shown thus far.

Guest Crymson

Just watched the highlights with the horrifically homerific Avs announcers........Edzo ain't got nothing on these guys.

An Avs fan started a thread on HF claiming that the Avs' commentators are the most unbiased in the league. I laughed.

Lol so I guess you were expecting 20+ goals from Brunner this shortened season. He has kept up fine with the physicality. He hasn't been getting pushed off the puck and has 11 goals in 35 games so far which we would take from any rookie. Oh and I guess Lashoff was supposed to be the second coming of Lids in his rookie season. There was absolutely no reason to expect any more from these two players than they have shown thus far.

Brunner to me has had a great evolution this year. I know he hasn't put up the goals as the season went on, but he and Datsyuk are the only consistant offensive threats we've had. Like you I think Brunner is doing just fine, Lashoff for a rookie is ok to me, nothing special. Nyquist is looking great now!

Z has been inconsistent

Andersson so-so

Not so sure if I agree with the Z being inconsistent part. He may have had a few weeks where his point production was low but at just barely under a point per game, and 27 assists and 35 points in 36 games he's doing what he can, albeit with terrible linemates.

Brunner to me has had a great evolution this year. I know he hasn't put up the goals as the season went on, but he and Datsyuk are the only consistant offensive threats we've had. Like you I think Brunner is doing just fine, Lashoff for a rookie is ok to me, nothing special. Nyquist is looking great now!

Threat? No way man. Brunners spark is nowhere to what it was in the beginning of the season. Lets just hope he can bring it back if they make it to the playoffs. Brunner was demoted to third line, that in itself says something of his play. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but he cant be considered a "threat" with 14 game slumps and what not.. Not to mention he lost the puck quiet a bit during the stretch..

Edited by kickazz

Threat? No way man. Brunners spark is nowhere to what it was in the beginning of the season. Lets just hope he can bring it back if they make it to the playoffs. Brunner was demoted to third line, that in itself says something of his play. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but he cant be considered a "threat" with 14 game slumps and what not.. Not to mention he lost the puck quiet a bit during the stretch..

Maybe, just maybe his injury might have something to do with it ?

According to several Swiss newspapers Brunner has an undisclosed leg injury. He said he's been dealing with it for a couple of weeks and that didn't feel well in practice. Will miss Colorado-game, maybe more

http://slapshot.ch.sportalsports.com...912000000.html

We were at the game, and it was very exciting (with the exception of the 2nd). It seemed the crowd was nearly 50% Wing fans! I also met and got my picture with Mickey Redmond before the game. My sister spotted him and recognized his voice.

It was great to leave with a win! Go Wings!

if anyone has a few minutes to watch last night's highlights on the NHL site, its from the Avalanche feed and it's GREAT. I mean i've known about their homerism and unenthusiastic call of goals from the opposing team, but these highlights literally had me laughing out loud at how little excitement is shown when the opposing team scores, and when the Avs score you'd think they just won the Stanley Cup.

do yourself a favor and watch these highlights NOW

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20122013,2,556&navid=sb:highlights