• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jeff48109

Riley Sheahan recalled

Rate this topic

Babs said last night that he wasn't sure if Hank would be available Sunday because his groin was sore at the end of the game last night, so this must be precautionary in case Hank can't play tomorrow. My guess is Hank takes part in pre-game skate and makes a decision for as to whether or not he plays. If he can't play, Shehan plays. Lets hope Hank can play because I really loved watching Him and pavs on the same line again and tomorrows game is huge.

Somebody has to be hurt, they can't recall anyone else till the playoffs unless its on an emergency basis

I was under the impression that after the trade deadline there is no roster limit.

Can someone link me to where it says Z is hurt..on MLIVE it says the recall was in case they have an injury because they have no extra forwards right now. Helm and Sammy aren't ready so we only have 12 warm bodies.

Can someone link me to where it says Z is hurt..on MLIVE it says the recall was in case they have an injury because they have no extra forwards right now. Helm and Sammy aren't ready so we only have 12 warm bodies.

Babs said last night Z may be out tomorrow. There is no skate today, so the team will not know until tomorrow whether Z will play or not. Precautionary move. Lets hope Z can play against the Blues.

Guest Crymson

Somebody has to be hurt, they can't recall anyone else till the playoffs unless its on an emergency basis

Not true. There are no roster limits after the deadline. The Wings could have the entirety of their AHL prospects on the roster if they wished.

series of tweets from Malik

Okay, Sheahan recall for the Twitter crowd: Zetterberg may or may not have re-tweaked his groin, so the Wings recalled Sheahan.

GR's playing in British Columbia, so he had to be called up today. Neither Wings nor Blues practiced today. Both played Thu/Fri.

Wings exhausted 4-discretionary-call-up rule w/ 14/23/63/65 on-paper demotions, but can recall unlimited players due to "emergencies."

"Emergencies" are declared when you're worried that you won't have enough bodies due to injuries.

Not true. There are no roster limits after the deadline. The Wings could have the entirety of their AHL prospects on the roster if they wished.

While there are no roster limits, I believe there are a limited number of call ups they can use (4?) unless there is an emergency such as a fear that they will not have enough roster players due to injury. I believe this goes away come playoff time?

Edit: spanked by jeff!

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Can't wait for another "grab a spot and take hold of it" quote from Babs.

"You know, he's gotta ask himself, 'Do I want to be an NHL player?'. Does he? We'll see. I think he's got a good compete level; good composure. If he keeps it simple, he'll do well."

Post game: "He did well. Good for him."