• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Thinking on 2013/14 roster.

Rate this topic

Helm is the best checker we have, top 3 fastest skater in the NHL, and he has the potential to be a 20 goal scorer but he's been in a checking role his whole career. Make him the 2nd line centre and he pots 20 guaranteed. He also gets the Wings team momentum when everyone else is playing like garbage and can't get anything going. That's one of the ways he improves our scoring. Also, when teams have to chase him around and get tired it opens up more chances for our top lines jumping on to attack a dead line. It happens a lot after a Helm shift.

With all due respect, never going to happen. he isn't a scorer. Not now nor ever. he has never scored 20+ goals at the pro level-minors or NHL, and never will. As you said earlier, he is Draper 2.0, which is great! But would I have trade Draper for Shanny? Hell yes. Twice on Sunday's. Would I trade a 26 year old Helm (if Healthy) for a 26 year old Ryan? Without a second thought. Now that of course is an example, but you get the point.

I understand that EVERYONE has their favorite players. Normal thing for fans. But our favorite players are not doing very well as a team. My favorite TEAM needs to be fighting for Cups, not fighting to just make the playoffs. Under that context, no one is untouchable. Anyone can be moved in the right deal.

Guest The Axe

They better not give Val 5 mil a season

Holland should let Val and Jimmy walk and pick up a sniper, but he won't. Val will get 4.5 for 4 years and Jimmy will get 5 for 4 years. 9.5 mil spent on what we don't need.

Holland should let Val and Jimmy walk and pick up a sniper, but he won't. Val will get 4.5 for 4 years and Jimmy will get 5 for 4 years. 9.5 mil spent on what we don't need.

Seriously? Mrazek is not ready to be a Nr.1 in die NHL and Gus is much too inconsistently for an NHL Goalie. And you definitely won't find a better goalie than Howie for next season.

Howie's playing very good and he has the right to receive a better offer from Holland.

Edited by poel

This is nonsense, no way all of these players are healthy and ready to play at the start of next season.

I'd like to see Tatar and Andersson on the roster over Eaves and probably over Helm who may or may not be healthy.

Other than that sit back, relax, and watch the fireworks fly on LGW.

EDIT: This is assuming Helm won't be ready to go, not saying replace Helm in the lineup completely with Tatar or Andersson.. before the lashing starts let me clarify that. :D

if they are healthy they will be our off season acquisition :P

You are not going to find somebody better then Fil in free agency. We need to keep him.

There are some players that are around his level. I believe some of them fit our needs better and provide more of what this team is missing.

There are some players that are around his level. I believe some of them fit our needs better and provide more of what this team is missing.

Can the Wings find a replacement for a 40pt top 6 winger/3rd line center for less than the $5m+ Flip reportedly wants? Probably...

Again, not really sure that he's going to get 5 million. Of course his agent asked for that much, why wouldn't you? It's a starting point for negotiations. But I don't really see Flip wanting to walk, and I don't see the Wings letting him walk if they can help it. So I'd imagine they'd get him for between 4-4.5 million on a longer term deal, which isn't that big of a problem after next year when the cap will start to go back up.

We all keep throwing this 5 million number around like it's set in stone and it probably isn't. Remember the starting figures for both sides during the lockout and you'll quickly realize that it's just a tactic.

Guest The Axe

Seriously? Mrazek is not ready to be a Nr.1 in die NHL and Gus is much too inconsistently for an NHL Goalie. And you definitely won't find a better goalie than Howie for next season.

Howie's playing very good and he has the right to receive a better offer from Holland.

I'm not saying Howard is bad. I'm saying a goalie who lets in one or 2 a game is not going to win if we score ZERO (see last game and all season long). Scoring is our #1 priority. Then Howie. Then Val.

I'm not saying Howard is bad. I'm saying a goalie who lets in one or 2 a game is not going to win if we score ZERO (see last game and all season long). Scoring is our #1 priority. Then Howie. Then Val.

Definitely gonna agree with this one. I'd rather try and get Clarkson to play with Dats and let Flip walk. We have Nyquist who is also a playmaker and just as fast, and he's also responsible defensively. And then we have Tatar. Howard i'm not the least bit worried about. He'll be signed and I have no doubt there. We need a scorer/power forward. Clarkson is target 1.

Definitely gonna agree with this one. I'd rather try and get Clarkson to play with Dats and let Flip walk. We have Nyquist who is also a playmaker and just as fast, and he's also responsible defensively. And then we have Tatar. Howard i'm not the least bit worried about. He'll be signed and I have no doubt there. We need a scorer/power forward. Clarkson is target 1.

Yes, for the right deal. But what happens if we strike out in FA again? Clarkson is from Tor and they will make a big play for him, so will NJ. That is where things get iffy at best. We have to improve our O, no debating that. If we can't sign we have to trade. To get a quality 30 goal scoring PF if going to take a lot. tatar and Nyquist combined will not be enough.

Yes, for the right deal. But what happens if we strike out in FA again? Clarkson is from Tor and they will make a big play for him, so will NJ. That is where things get iffy at best. We have to improve our O, no debating that. If we can't sign we have to trade. To get a quality 30 goal scoring PF if going to take a lot. tatar and Nyquist combined will not be enough.

I was more gearing at Nyquist replacing Flip. Tatar could go top 6, or he could beef up the offense on our 3rd line. I'm with you though that we NEED a goal scorer. I do not like it one bit when the Wings get shut out. It's rather boring to say the least. Hopefully Brunner hits the gym this summer and adds 10-15 lbs of muscle which will only make him better overall, but the glaring hole in our top 6 is that goal scorer we keep talking about. If Clarkson isn't a possibility, then Holland needs to figure out who is. With larger divisions and every team getting better, we need to beef up the weak areas asap. Personally, I think our G is top 5, our D is servicable, but we need to get a couple big ass forwards here. 1 power forward type for the top 6 and a Hanzal type gronk for the bottom 6 to take up space and generally give the other teams D a quality headache.

Has everyone drank the Kool-Aid? Kenny Holland doesn't have a split personality disorder people. REALISTICALLY SPEAKING this is what we'll be looking at. Where all these bodies are going is something well have to wait and see.

Pav - Z - Bert

Fil - Franz - Brunner

Gus - Helm - Sammy

Eaves - Abby - Tootoo

Anderson

Emmerton

Sheahan(GR)

55 - 52

Smith - Quincey

Kindl - Lashoff

Colo

Dekryser (GR)

Howie

insert veteran FA cheap goalie here

Only change we could be looking at is Fil not resigning.

Is there a section for people who haven't drank the Kool-Aid? I'd love to see it. People are delusional around here. Detroit can't just rebuild on the fly.

are you on drugs?

you would put emmerton, andersson, and Sheahan in before Tatar? You also think quincey colaicovo and kindl are better choices than dekeyser? and don't forget we already have monster signed for next year too, so he will be our backup still.

Guest The Axe

If Holland doesn't buy out Sammy and Bert, I will be upset. Those moves are obvious.

The same people who complain about our prospects not being inserted into the line-up are the same ones advocating signing a 30-year old winger in David Clarkson. Not trying to point the finger at anyone in particular, but this guy is basically what Dan Cleary was 3-4 years ago. I've paid close attention to Clarkson, and the word "streaky" doesn't even begin to describe him. Burst out of the gates early, then went about as cold as Brunner did.

Let the contracts for these older players run out (Cleary, Miller, Sammy, Bert, etc.) and bring along the younger players. Why pay for a band-aid? That would just take away a spot from one of the kids. The "grass is always greener" mentality is just crazy around here sometimes. I think people just want change, no matter what that change is. This team isn't going to be that great for about two-three season... let's deal with that.

If Holland doesn't buy out Sammy and Bert, I will be upset. Those moves are obvious.

Agreed on Sammy. Bert can literally lay around on the LTIR. Only buy him out if he retires. If not, can Colo or Quincey along with Sammy, unless Sammy is on LTIR too. LTIR all the scrubs...this is my final offer. :lol:

Guest The Axe

The same people who complain about our prospects not being inserted into the line-up are the same ones advocating signing a 30-year old winger in David Clarkson. Not trying to point the finger at anyone in particular, but this guy is basically what Dan Cleary was 3-4 years ago. I've paid close attention to Clarkson, and the word "streaky" doesn't even begin to describe him. Burst out of the gates early, then went about as cold as Brunner did.

Let the contracts for these older players run out (Cleary, Miller, Sammy, Bert, etc.) and bring along the younger players. Why pay for a band-aid? That would just take away a spot from one of the kids. The "grass is always greener" mentality is just crazy around here sometimes. I think people just want change, no matter what that change is. This team isn't going to be that great for about two-three season... let's deal with that.

Agreed. I want a Perry like guy if we are bringing in a free agent. A 7 to 8 mil player in his early prime. Hard to find that, but don't bring in 6 mediocre players that just suck up a roster spot we could give to a youngster.

Agreed. I want a Perry like guy if we are bringing in a free agent. A 7 to 8 mil player in his early prime. Hard to find that, but don't bring in 6 mediocre players that just suck up a roster spot we could give to a youngster.

Let me finish your sentence......could give to a youngster that will be here for the foreseeable future to build our team around as we did Z and Dats.

Several things. 1. Most goal scorers are streaky. The difference is, how do they play hen not scoring? franzen does nothing. Clarkson stll skates and hits. Which are things we need badly. 2.I am all for giving kids a chance. but let's not pretend that players are something that they are not. Neither Tatar or nyquist are big power forward types, which we lack and need. A top 6 of nyquist, Datsyuk, tatar, Z, and brunner is very very small. They will get pushed around and beaten up. 3. I am all for signing Clarkson. But not to a 7 year deal. I would rather pay him more per year for fewer years. if the option are 7 years at 5 million or 5 years at 7 million, do the later. We don't need more 35+ players making big money on this team. Keeping in mind Franzen, Kronwall, and Zetterberg will still be under contract and hitting our cap for 14 million combined.

Several things. 1. Most goal scorers are streaky. The difference is, how do they play hen not scoring? franzen does nothing. Clarkson stll skates and hits. Which are things we need badly. 2.I am all for giving kids a chance. but let's not pretend that players are something that they are not. Neither Tatar or nyquist are big power forward types, which we lack and need. A top 6 of nyquist, Datsyuk, tatar, Z, and brunner is very very small. They will get pushed around and beaten up. 3. I am all for signing Clarkson. But not to a 7 year deal. I would rather pay him more per year for fewer years. if the option are 7 years at 5 million or 5 years at 7 million, do the later. We don't need more 35+ players making big money on this team. Keeping in mind Franzen, Kronwall, and Zetterberg will still be under contract and hitting our cap for 14 million combined.

I was writing a response, then realized you think Clarkson could be worth 5-7 million. Have a nice day.

I was writing a response, then realized you think Clarkson could be worth 5-7 million. Have a nice day.

Top UFA power forward on the market, he WILL get 5+ million. You may not like it, but he will get it.

Edited by Richdg