• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/7 GDT : Blues 1 at Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

He has also iced the puck 2 times today so far. He has a lot to improve on, but I like what I see.

I'm trying to be a homer. :lol: I'm thoroughly impressed with the kid.

Last minute there Filppula just wished White had an ounce of passing skill. He was ripping up the middle with speed and an open passing lane to get it. Conclusion: White is not good.

For those bitching about Howie getting hit in the crease, both incidents were caused by our own players. Can't push a player into our goalie and then want an interference call.

This. I'll be more than happy to snipe about a bad or missed call, but we've got to be realistic. Let's Go Wings!

Edited by TheXym

Don't forget, they said Halloran got to handpick the officiating team for his 1000th game. ;)

Millions of fans know what kind of ref he is, yet the NHL appears to be clueless; why does that man still have a job? I could do a better job, and I'm no McCreary.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, St. Louis is vastly improved, but must we all drool? Why can't we have Canadian announcers for American games? They'd be neutral at least.

Millions of fans know what kind of ref he is, yet the NHL appears to be clueless; why does that man still have a job? I could do a better job, and I'm no McCreary.

I don't know he's not on thenright side of the ref bell curve, that's for sure. McCreary was a great ref. I always busted on Kerry Fraser for his Kevlar gelled hair (got into Buccigross's column in espn for it too), but liked him as a ref. After reading his book and tsn.ca column my esteem for him has only gone up.

He is making some mistakes, but thats natural. Surprised that LGW hasn't killed him yet, but that is coming when he turns the puck over and it results in a goal.

That's not true, Brendan Smith turns the puck over for goals constantly and most people around here are still up his ass.

Tell ya what, Kindle is a hard shootin fool.

I think he's got the best point shot of any of the defensemen to be honest.

How do you guys like the comment that Dats "isn't playing with the same enthusiasm anymore" comment

I didn't hear the comment, but I agree with the sentiment. Not a lot for Pavel to be excited about these days...barely .500 team, zero talent to play with most nights, constant double teams, and insane expectations of him. If it wasn't already, I'd imagine Pavel's decision to go back to Russia gets easier by the game.

Edited by kipwinger

That's not true, Brendan Smith turns the puck over for goals constantly and most people around here are still up his ass.

The manlove he used to have here is mostly gone though. The manlove for Dekeysser is fresh and new. Trust me, it will disappear.

I didn't hear the comment, but I agree with the sentiment. Not a lot for Pavel to be excited about these days...barely .500 team, zero talent to play with most nights, constant double teams, and insane expectations of him. If it wasn't already, I'd imagine Pavel's decision to go back to Russia gets easier by the game.

19-14 is barely a .500 team? I could see if they were 19-18.....

The manlove he used to have here is mostly gone though. The manlove for Dekeysser is fresh and new. Trust me, it will disappear.

19-14 is barely a .500 team? I could see if they were 19-18.....

Didn't realize we didn't count overtime losses as losses anymore...we're 19-19 counting those .

They are over 500 and Datsyuk has been playing with Zetterberg recently.

I'd say his enthusiasm is there, but it does look like he's playing with an injury or something. Also teams have been double teaming him.

Edited by hooon

How do you guys like the comment that Dats "isn't playing with the same enthusiasm anymore" comment

Silly comment. He's been uncharacteristically careless with the puck the last couple of games, and kinda looks like he isn't 100%, but overall this season he's been playing with some of the most enthusiasm I've seen from the guy. Looks like he's been having A TON of fun this year, dekeing guys out of their pants, scoring highlight goals etc.

Guess people/experts just use the whole "he's going back to Russia" rumor to over-analyze everything Pavel does. He was never someone to show a whole lot of emotion on the ice.