• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/7 GDT : Blues 1 at Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

For the record I love Backes. So what, he a little bit dirty. So was Pronger, Chelios, Maltby, Ciccarelli, etc. etc. etc. They were dirty and they were effective, so is Backes. I'd give anything to have a guy who plays like he does in our top six. If people aren't going to fear us because of our "powerhouse" offense, at least they'd fear us because of that big roughneck.

Because calls don't go the way of the team you root for, doesn't make an official biased.

As was mentioned, he harboured an especial hatred for Holmstrom. So many good goals waived off for non-existent goaltender interference.

But he doesn't do it with enough consistency, which is why he's in the press box today.

Agreed.

I'd take Tootoo skating hard and hitting guys every shift over one of his staged fights. He does it once in a while but just doesn't seem to be a factor.

For the record I love Backes. So what, he a little bit dirty. So was Pronger, Chelios, Maltby, Ciccarelli, etc. etc. etc. They were dirty and they were effective, so is Backes. I'd give anything to have a guy who plays like he does in our top six. If people aren't going to fear us because of our "powerhouse" offense, at least they'd fear us because of that big roughneck.

I just think he's a POS. I never said I wouldn't want him on the Wings. :D

I would've taken a prime Chris Pronger on the Wings in a heartbeat.

I.hate.Barrett.Jackman. Cheapshotting P.O.S.

Meanwhile, I've been able to watch since the middle of the second period and I've seen at least four penalties that could have EASILY and LEGALLY been called on St. Louis. Way to go, you blind, biased lazy-a$$ excuses for...uh...referees.

You really need to quit holding your feelings in like this. We are all adults here so if you need to vent, we can handle it. Let it out.

Guest Playmaker

As was mentioned, he harboured an especial hatred for Holmstrom. So many good goals waived off for non-existent goaltender interference.

No, he was interpreting the rules as they were written at the time. BTW, there's no such thing as a good goal or a bad goal. It's either a goal or it isn't.

But he doesn't do it with enough consistency, which is why he's in the press box today.

Toots is very consistent...i think Babs had Sheahan up for Z an once Z was good to go, decided to have a look at Sheahan.

No, he was interpreting the rules as they were written at the time. BTW, there's no such thing as a good goal or a bad goal. It's either a goal or it isn't.

Don't take this the wrong way, but... (not based on this post specifically, but the last several posts of yours in this thread)

How old are you and how long have you been a Wings fan? (and follow up, are you related to Dan O'Halloran? *wink*)

Anyone who has bothered to watch Wings games over the past several years, Wings fan or not, will tell you that O'Halloran most definitely has a negative bias against the Wings, whatever the reason may be. You are literally the only one who disagrees here.

Edited by sleepwalker

Two minutes for farting into the crease. ;)

There is a difference between rough and cheap. Backes crosses that line too often imho. There is a difference between hitting hard and hitting to injure. I love a power forward who hits hard. One who hits to injure has no place in the game.

He's a big strong guy, his hits injure. Not his fault. He doesn't go around kneeing guys, and as far as I know he's never been disciplined for head hunting. He injures guys because when he hits them, he drives through them. Exhibit A: Kent Huskins earlier this season. Perfectly clean hit, decimated the guy.

As for the rest of his game, he's a little dirty, in the same way that Crosby is a little dirty with his cross checks. It's not that bad, and not that big of a deal. If Backes played for the Wings, and did the exact same stuff, we'd all be screaming "c'mon, be barely touched him".

Just like how everybody came around on the Tootoo thing. He didn't change his game, we just realize it's not as bad as we though when he played against us.

Guest Playmaker

Been a Wings fan since the late '70's? You? I'm mature enough and unbiased enough to know that an official doesn't work 1000 games in the NHL if he "hates" a team. I'm "literally" the only one of about a dozen people on a Red Wings hockey board that doesn't agree? Somehow, I don't think that would qualify as scientific data.

So when he waived off a Homer goal for having his skate in the crease, 8 years after that rule was rescinded?