• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/7 GDT : Blues 1 at Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

Been a Wings fan since the late '70's? You? I'm mature enough and unbiased enough to know that an official doesn't work 1000 games in the NHL if he "hates" a team. I'm "literally" the only one of about a dozen people on a Red Wings hockey board that doesn't agree? Somehow, I don't think that would qualify as scientific data.

I agree, it's just typical fan over reaction. They've been penalized more than we have today and people are still bitching about the officiating. I'd say a game with three penalties, two of which put us on the PP, is a well officiated game. What does everyone want, ten or fifteen PPs?

He's a big strong guy, his hits injure. Not his fault. He doesn't go around kneeing guys, and as far as I know he's never been disciplined for head hunting. He injures guys because when he hits them, he drives through them. Exhibit A: Kent Huskins earlier this season. Perfectly clean hit, decimated the guy.

As for the rest of his game, he's a little dirty, in the same way that Crosby is a little dirty with his cross checks. It's not that bad, and not that big of a deal. If Backes played for the Wings, and did the exact same stuff, we'd all be screaming "c'mon, be barely touched him".

Just like how everybody came around on the Tootoo thing. He didn't change his game, we just realize it's not as bad as we though when he played against us.

Tootoo passed up several shots that he'd have taken in the past early in his tenure here, which surprised me. That is what made me turn around. I understand the physics of a large body making impact.

If a guy is vulnerable and you know it, you don't need to absolutely destroy him from behind. FWIW I agree w/the hit on Huskins being clean.

Guest Crymson

Which data would that be?

Watch Red Wings games from the past six seasons. That's about all I can tell you.

Guest Crymson

So when he waived off a Homer goal for having his skate in the crease, 8 years after that rule was rescinded?

How about when he allowed Rob Niedermayer to push Hasek into the net and called it a good goal?

I agree, it's just typical fan over reaction. They've been penalized more than we have today and people are still bitching about the officiating. I'd say a game with three penalties, two of which put us on the PP, is a well officiated game. What does everyone want, ten or fifteen PPs?

Maybe call what should be called? I don't ever say a word about officiating, but I have to reply to this. How do you not call a too many men, when even Eddie of all people saw it and called it out? That, called correctly, could have potentially changed the current score (the goal happened shortly after our PP ended, we could have still had a 1-man advantage at that time). But regardless, the players are still responsible for the goal, call or not, so that isn't an excuse. Just saying, just because there has only been 3 penalties called, doesn't mean that they've done a good job. It's the quality of what gets called and doesn't get called that determines whether this guy is doing his job well or not.

Edited by Jasper84

The Blues are imho, a better team than 8th place. If they get in the post season, they can make some noise. Our offense is too much from the perimeter.

Bring back the one-timer, I've been saying it for a few years now.

No kidding. Just keep Kindl on the whole PP. He gets it.

Maybe call what should be called? I don't ever say a word about officiating, but I have to reply to this. How do you not call a too many men, when even Eddie of all people saw it and called it out? That, called correctly, could have potentially changed the current score (the goal happened shortly after our PP ended, we could have still had a 1-man advantage at that time). But regardless, the players are still responsible for the goal, call or not, so that isn't an excuse. Just saying, just because there has only been 3 penalties called, doesn't mean that they've done a good job. It's the quality of what gets called and doesn't get called that determines whether this guy is doing his job well or not.

Very well said. BOTH teams and their fanbases deserve a game called fairly, consistently, and evenly. I don't want to lose due to weak officiating, but I don't want to win because of it either. If it's a penalty, call it both ways all the time. If it's not, don't.

Refs miss "too many men" calls all the time. I don't hear anyone complaining when we get away with one. And this season, bad line changes has been something of an art for the Red Wings.

Edited by kipwinger

Guest Playmaker

How about when he allowed Rob Niedermayer to push Hasek into the net and called it a good goal?

What is a bad goal?

So he's the only referee in the NHL that's made calls that have gone against the Wings?

Oh, look another Wings PP today. Clearly, he hates them.