• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/7 GDT : Blues 1 at Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

Any of the four officials on the ice can call a too many men. So do they all hate the Wings? So the Wings have never had too many men on the ice and it wasn't caught by an official?

Your confidence in the powers that be is downright adorable. Just because he makes a couple of calls doesn't mean he calls everything he sees. The calls against the Blues were so blatant there was no getting around it. He's not a complete idiot.

And no one is blaming the officials for the lackadaisical play of the Wings. I mentioned O'Halloran working before the game started; it is what it is. And if you take the time to YouTube Wings games he has officiated, there is definite consistency there. Start with the aforementioned Anaheim game and then check out the WCF against Dallas. That should be enough.

Well on the plus side, we've got about 2,000 smallish, pass first, forward prospects that were too important to consider trading. The future is assured. And I'll wager we've got a whole lot of passing and perimeter shots to look forward to.

Guest Playmaker

Your confidence in the powers that be is downright adorable. Just because he makes a couple of calls doesn't mean he calls everything he sees. The calls against the Blues were so blatant there was no getting around it. He's not a complete idiot.

And no one is blaming the officials for the lackadaisical play of the Wings. I mentioned O'Halloran working before the game started; it is what it is. And if you take the time to YouTube Wings games he has officiated, there is definite consistency there. Start with the aforementioned Anaheim game and then check out the WCF against Dallas. That should be enough.

Name me one official in any sport that calls every penalty he sees. It just doesn't happen. Everything is easy to see on TV, especially for a team you're rooting for. I've seen all the games you've mentioned, and I don't see a bias. Calls that don't go your team's way doesn't indicate a bias. Every official in every sport makes bad calls and misses calls. The consipiracy theories are amusing, but have no factual basis.

So Olczyk, who hates the Wings and never says anything good about them caught the too many men on the ice call and said it should be called?

One of, if not the best teams in the league at it. But then, hasn't that been a hallmark of Hitchcock-coached teams?

I don't remember the Stars being that good at it, but then again, I try not to remember anything about the Stars.