• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/7 GDT : Blues 1 at Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

Can't believe this team had that big home winning streak last year.

I can't envision them beating anyone at the JLA right now in a big game. Just pathetic.

Lol, its frustrating, but that was far from a pathetic game. This is what happens when your lineup is full of young guys and rookies. There will be growing pains.

On the bright side, DD looked great.

That Kronwall penalty is irritating. Thats the second time he has taken a stupid penalty in the last 5 minutes to kill our chances.

Good news Dekeyser looked like our best defenseman.

Bad news Dekeyser looked like our best defenseman.

Kronwall takes too many dumb penalties, he must have a lot of IQ loss from all his hits. He now leads all defenseman in the league in minor penalites, absolutely unacceptable.

Datsyuk was completely ineffective yet again, enough excuses for him, he needs to simplify his game, he cannot lead our team in turning the puck over, it gives us no chance for our top players to carry the play when Datsyuk always loses the puck.

Nyquist is the only guy on the team creating anything right now, good for him, bad for the rest of the team.

We need to get our offense on track, something needs to happen on Babcock's end. We've been shut out too often this year.

I still think we will make the playoffs by the skin of our teeth, but Kenny has really got to get us a scoring winger and a bonifide #1 D

for next season. Plenty of effort tonight but we just dropped a place in the standings and teams around us have games in hand. We

need a least 5 wins from our remaining games to make the post season.

Ryan Clowe would have been nice in a game like this.

His 2 goals in 30 games would've got us over the top, we competed hard, we just can't score and don't get many chances. We can't score, St Louis barely even tries to score. Makes for a really exciting game.

Fil is probably wishing he was a UFA last year and not this one..He makes 3 mill/per and the way he is playing he shouldn't get a dime more. Over handles the puck every single play.

I still think we will make the playoffs by the skin of our teeth, but Kenny has really got to get us a scoring winger and a bonifide #1 D

for next season. Plenty of effort tonight but we just dropped a place in the standings and teams around us have games in hand. We

need a least 5 wins from our remaining games to make the post season.

He made some phone calls and was totally blown away when he found out that you can't get a scoring winger or top defenseman if you're completely unwilling to move a first round pick or any of your top prospects. Who knew you couldn't get Jason Pominville for Landon Ferraro and a conditional 4th rounder?

Another sorry ass effort. Wings make Elliot look like Roy in his prime. I think that Nyquist breakaway kinda showed you what the Wings were in for today. I'm just to the point I don't care honestly. I think I'd rather not make the playoffs then get swept by Chicago in the first round.

Another sorry ass effort. Wings make Elliot look like Roy in his prime. I think that Nyquist breakaway kinda showed you what the Wings were in for today. I'm just to the point I don't care honestly. I think I'd rather not make the playoffs then get swept by Chicago in the first round.

I just hate that if we miss the playoffs we will be in the middle pick section. I would rather miss the playoffs and just bomb the season to get a good pick.

Felt like it was going to be one of those games where they got no bounces and the opposition goalie was made to look much better than he really is.

Lol, its frustrating, but that was far from a pathetic game. This is what happens when your lineup is full of young guys and rookies. There will be growing pains.

On the bright side, DD looked great.

That Kronwall penalty is irritating. Thats the second time he has taken a stupid penalty in the last 5 minutes to kill our chances.

I don't think its the young guns at fault today, but our floaters. Gus had the best chance of the game, with a few scoring chances. Players like Cleary/Miller/Emmerton/Eaves cant produce offensively but its seems Babs finds this ok because they are such tremendous Pkers...which really isn't true and hasn't been for a long time

i woudnt 21 straight years in the playoffs if that ended ppl would lose it The red wings are the only consistent Det based team that has been there in the Post season so losing that would bring the fans down and not only that id rather take a chance and see what we can bring aganist chi because its a different season

Edited by sjr2012

Good news Dekeyser looked like our best defenseman.

Bad news Dekeyser looked like our best defenseman.

Kronwall takes too many dumb penalties, he must have a lot of IQ loss from all his hits. He now leads all defenseman in the league in minor penalites, absolutely unacceptable.

Datsyuk was completely ineffective yet again, enough excuses for him, he needs to simplify his game, he cannot lead our team in turning the puck over, it gives us no chance for our top players to carry the play when Datsyuk always loses the puck.

Nyquist is the only guy on the team creating anything right now, good for him, bad for the rest of the team.

We need to get our offense on track, something needs to happen on Babcock's end. We've been shut out too often this year.

Datsyuk turns the puck over because he doesnt have the support he used to and the opositions best players zero in on him night in and night out.

Gus is creating more because he is on a different line, where he doesnt have to play against the Blues best.

This is not like 2009 when we were so deep up front that we could spread the talent around to force other teams into making decisions when it comes to matching line ups. when we get bert and helm back, and can split up dats and hank, and have a big body playing with each of them to open up space, more scoring chances will be created. along with helm wrecking havoc on the 3rd line.

and a lot of people seem to give teams the wings play no credit what so ever for playing well. its always "wings are playing like s***". when it comes to how the wings play, thyeir opponents have a LOT to do with that.

biteyour tongue hockey is hockey no matter what the playoffs give us and its a different season we could spice it up and bring it like LA last year im not saying we will but we could teams go down chi could suck

Sorry! That's not happening. And I hate when people bring up the LA thing. It's getting old, we're not LA and that won't happen to us.

Edited by SimonSin

The Wings squander so many scoring chances. It's like they panic with the puck and just shoot automatically.

Remember having Homer and Lidstrom on the ice hoping for that last minute goal. We always knew they would get it done. The confidence lost by this team without Lidstrom is outstanding. The Wings just can't get that clutch goal anymore. Franzen is USELESS.

The Wings defense is solid this year, and the only change the Wings should make in that department is shipping White and Quincey out of town. If you're getting paid almost 4 million a season as a defenseman, you are expected to put up points.

Top 3 forward is the only thing that will help this team.