• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/7 GDT : Blues 1 at Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

How could you possibly know that?

ok then. how is it worth the risk to give up assets for someone who may or may not stick around, in a year when the team isnt built to make a run for the cup? ryan clowe would have been a nice addition sure. but if the wings want him, july is the time to make an offer.

biteyour tongue hockey is hockey no matter what the playoffs give us and its a different season we could spice it up and bring it like LA last year im not saying we will but we could teams go down chi could suck

:rolleyes:

Not this argument again.

Kronwall sucks.

And Franzen is a ***** that doesn't have to earn his ice time.

And Cleary is useless

And White sucks

None of which is new and as long as Babcock refuses to make Veteran players on this team EARN their ice time, NOTHING will change.

Datsyuk turns the puck over because he doesnt have the support he used to and the opositions best players zero in on him night in and night out.

Gus is creating more because he is on a different line, where he doesnt have to play against the Blues best.

This is not like 2009 when we were so deep up front that we could spread the talent around to force other teams into making decisions when it comes to matching line ups. when we get bert and helm back, and can split up dats and hank, and have a big body playing with each of them to open up space, more scoring chances will be created. along with helm wrecking havoc on the 3rd line.

and a lot of people seem to give teams the wings play no credit what so ever for playing well. its always "wings are playing like s***". when it comes to how the wings play, thyeir opponents have a LOT to do with that.

I think that's an IF Bert and Helm come back this season.

I find it laughable that Holland did nothing at the deadline except say that getting Bert and Helm back is better than anything he could have done. That's something to look forward to right? Get a couple guys back so that we'll finally return to last season's form...e.g. a lineup that got SPANKED in the first round by Nashville. Awesome.

Thank god we've got Smith and Nyquist. No need to do anything. They're the future.

:lol:

I know, as someone who watches LA a lot, that myth is starting to give me a facial tic. I should just cut and paste the reasons that's not true or put it in my signature or something.

Although it's not as bad as someone bringing up the '71 Canadiens as an example.

Sorry! That's not happening. And I hate when people bring up the LA thing. It's getting old, we're not LA and that won't happen to us.

Agreed. One time in the history of the NHL did an eighth seed win the Cup and now "anything can happen". No it can't.

I find it laughable that Holland did nothing at the deadline except say that getting Bert and Helm back is better than anything he could have done. That's something to look forward to right? Get a couple guys back so that we'll finally return to last season's form...e.g. a lineup that got SPANKED in the first round by Nashville. Awesome.

Thank god we've got Smith and Nyquist. No need to do anything. They're the future.

Umm.........neither guy is back yet and probably won't be.

So even Holland can't use that stupid excuse anymore.

very true idk what he was thinking not making something happen at the deadline i still think this team can do something major if the chemistry gets going but other than that yea it could be bad i just want us in the playoffs no matter what the outcome Playoffs without us is going to be depressing

And now we're sitting in the get-SPANKED by Chicago playoff seed. Even if we hold onto it, I wouldn't be thrilled with our chances. We gotta scrounge for every point now.

I just hate that if we miss the playoffs we will be in the middle pick section. I would rather miss the playoffs and just bomb the season to get a good pick.

Every team that misses the playoffs goes into the draft lottery so teams like Colorado and Calgary that should get a top 5 pick arnt guaranteed to get to pick that high

Damn that Filppula. If he'd only become a scoring winger overnight, instead of playing the exact type of game that got him to the NHL, then our need for a winger would be resolved.

Mike Babcock and Ken Holland are absurd. They both believe that you absolutely CAN squeeze blood from a stone, so long as the stone seizes the opportunity and competes hard enough.

very true idk what he was thinking not making something happen at the deadline i still think this team can do something major if the chemistry gets going but other than that yea it could be bad i just want us in the playoffs no matter what the outcome Playoffs without us is going to be depressing

If they're going to keep going forward with this same garbage lineup, and not make any major changes then I'd rather they don't make the playoffs. At least that way they'd get a high draft pick and people would have to stop using that excuse.

:rolleyes:

Not this argument again.

guys its not an arguement its a FACT look at the last 10 years of Hockey we finished at the top and lost to a 7th seeded Anhiem Ducks Calgary Flames team and a 8th seeded Edm Team the low seeds have brought it a hell of alot more than Higher seeds in the playoffs so maybe just maybe if we did get in by the skin of our teeth we could ight a fire under our teams ass and bring it hard to the top team nothing is impossible im just saying i know this team has been terrible the last couple of years but you never know what can happen good line changes by babcock during the postseason could give us the added chemistry we need

Edited by sjr2012

Sorry! That's not happening. And I hate when people bring up the LA thing. It's getting old, we're not LA and that won't happen to us.

Yeah, it is annoying. And so are the responses to the LA thing. They are also getting just as old and are equally as annoying, in my opinion.

out of the 80 goalies that have iced in the NHL this year Elliott is ranked 40th to our Jimmys 10th position. Just thought id let you all know as we seem to make him look like Roy, saying that how may other back ups or rookie keepers have our inept forwards made to look like Allstars......or is that just me?

Tough loss but that's the way it goes. We deserved to win, we didn't. We had enough chances to score a couple of goals, but the puck didn't go our way. Blues got a fluke goal and sat back the rest of the way. If it's one thing Hitchcock knows it's how to protect a lead, and he has the defensive pieces to do it.

I thought the key moment that killed our chances of a comeback was when Babcock decided to put Abdelkader out on the 4-on-4. Lots of space on the ice, great for skilled players like Nyquist right? Well no, let's play a guy whose biggest strenght is playing along the boards, something there's a lot less of in 4-on-4 hockey. So he gets the puck, and Kronwall is completely open in a spectacular scoring opportunity. It's a pass even I could put on the tape, but Justin puts it behind Nicky so instead of stepping into the slot and scoring he has to slow down, awkwardly take the pass with his skate and nothing comes of the chance at all. Kronwall is so frustrated by the bad pass he takes a stupid penalty shortly after.

Babcock has to start playing the guys who actually make things happen for us. If we can call up Shehan, we can call up Tatar. Time to sit Daniel Cleary because he doesn't help us win. Time to make Abdelkader a 4th liner like he's supposed to be. Tatar, Nyquist, Zetterberg and Datsyuk are the guys who drive our offense, backed up by Filppula and Franzen (who was looking good today). Right there you have our top 6. LOAD THAT SH*T UP.

Also Dekeyser looks ready to play more minutes.

Guest Playmaker

They won off a garbage goal and a bunch of non-calls.

Right, because our PP was really clicking and more of them would have made a huge difference. They won because they played hard, went to the net, played stellar defense and their goaltender stopped the few good shots he had to face.

all in all something has to change with this team we got a lot of tough teams coming the next couple weeks Sj who always brings it to us Chi ......nuff said and Calgry who without Iglina wont be as tough but stil has got us twice than you got Nashville i mean we really needed 2 today so now its going to really show what we are made of these 10 left

Edited by sjr2012