• This topic is locked This topic is locked
573 replies to this topic

#241 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

I'll be glad when that fool (O'IhatetheWings) retires.

#242 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

This is essentially a playoff game for us. If this is the game we're bringing to the playoffs we're not gonna get very far.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#243 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Wings are getting shots but most of the time when the shot actually gets through there's no one in front of Elliott.

#244 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Tootoo must be going buts having to sit this one out. Running around blowing s*** up is kinda his specialty and why he is here and no penalties to boot, pretty much his dream scenario.

But he doesn't do it with enough consistency, which is why he's in the press box today.

#245 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Big surprise Backes being a POS. 

That's one of this favorite moves.  A little chop at a guys skates as he's headed to the boards.  Or as Backes is trying to get out of the zone.  He chops the skates, they go down in a heap and he skates on.

Never could stand that douchebag, Backass, as someone else called him. 

#246 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Does anyone have an explanation on why we suck so damn bad on these early NBC games? It's almost mind boggling.

The same reason we suck so frequently the rest of the time, because we've got two legitimate talents and a ton of mediocre hacks or rookies filling out our lineup?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#247 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

PP for another 1:16 to start the 3rd with fresh ice.  Hopefully that helps.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#248 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

I.hate.Barrett.Jackman. Cheapshotting P.O.S.

Meanwhile, I've been able to watch since the middle of the second period and I've seen at least four penalties that could have EASILY and LEGALLY been called on St. Louis. Way to go, you blind, biased lazy-a$$ excuses for...uh...referees.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#249 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

We really aren't playing bad.  Just can't score.  Both teams are plying really defensive.  

#250 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

We're about to find out what this team is made of.

Seriously? We already know. They're made of mediocrity. They may come back and win, they may lose in spectactular fashion. I'm not holding my breathe, thougb, I don't think they've won an important game since the game 7 Phoenix game.

#251 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,684 posts

Wings are getting shots but most of the time when the shot actually gets through there's no one in front of Elliott.

I miss Homer so much :(

#252 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

good game so far dispite that goal but we have got to be more asertive on the Power Lay

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#253 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

For the record I love Backes.  So what, he a little bit dirty.  So was Pronger, Chelios, Maltby, Ciccarelli, etc. etc. etc.  They were dirty and they were effective, so is Backes.  I'd give anything to have a guy who plays like he does in our top six.  If people aren't going to fear us because of our "powerhouse" offense, at least they'd fear us because of that big roughneck.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#254 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

The same reason we suck so frequently the rest of the time, because we've got two legitimate talents and a ton of mediocre hacks or rookies filling out our lineup?

So that means St Louis sucks too?  Because they just managed one goal through two periods?

#255 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Because calls don't go the way of the team you root for, doesn't make an official biased.

As was mentioned, he harboured an especial hatred for Holmstrom.  So many good goals waived off for non-existent goaltender interference.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#256 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Haters can hate BUT Abby works his ass off!

Do people actually hate on Abby?  If they do, they should get slapped.  Abby is one of our hardest workers game in, game out consistently.

#257 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

But he doesn't do it with enough consistency, which is why he's in the press box today.

Agreed. 

I'd take Tootoo skating hard and hitting guys every shift over one of his staged fights.  He does it once in a while but just doesn't seem to be a factor.  

For the record I love Backes.  So what, he a little bit dirty.  So was Pronger, Chelios, Maltby, Ciccarelli, etc. etc. etc.  They were dirty and they were effective, so is Backes.  I'd give anything to have a guy who plays like he does in our top six.  If people aren't going to fear us because of our "powerhouse" offense, at least they'd fear us because of that big roughneck.

I just think he's a POS.  I never said I wouldn't want him on the Wings.  :D

I would've taken a prime Chris Pronger on the Wings in a heartbeat.

#258 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

I.hate.Barrett.Jackman. Cheapshotting P.O.S.

Meanwhile, I've been able to watch since the middle of the second period and I've seen at least four penalties that could have EASILY and LEGALLY been called on St. Louis. Way to go, you blind, biased lazy-a$$ excuses for...uh...referees.

You really need to quit holding your feelings in like this.  We are all adults here so if you need to vent, we can handle it.  Let it out.

#259 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

As was mentioned, he harboured an especial hatred for Holmstrom.  So many good goals waived off for non-existent goaltender interference.

No, he was interpreting the rules as they were written at the time.  BTW, there's no such thing as a good goal or a bad goal.  It's either a goal or it isn't.

#260 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

Toots is very consistent...i think Babs had Sheahan up for Z an once Z was good to go, decided to have a look at Sheahan.