• This topic is locked This topic is locked
573 replies to this topic

#281 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

So when he waived off a Homer goal for having his skate in the crease, 8 years after that rule was rescinded?

How about when he allowed Rob Niedermayer to push Hasek into the net and called it a good goal?

#282 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

what the hell back to back icings on the PP

#283 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

The winter classic jerserys?  I like the Leafs, still not a big fan of ours though.  Maybe they'll grow on me too though, who knows...

Any word on what the alumni sweaters will look like?
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#284 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

Looks like St. Louis' defense actually benefited from making those deadline deals.  

Either they're that good, or our attack is that bad.  

I think you know the answer to that. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#285 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Those jerseys are growing on me. The question now is which player to get?

Hopefully Clarkson.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#286 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,745 posts

I agree, it's just typical fan over reaction.  They've been penalized more than we have today and people are still bitching about the officiating.  I'd say a game with three penalties, two of which put us on the PP, is a well officiated game.  What does everyone want, ten or fifteen PPs?

Maybe call what should be called? I don't ever say a word about officiating, but I have to reply to this. How do you not call a too many men, when even Eddie of all people saw it and called it out? That, called correctly, could have potentially changed the current score (the goal happened shortly after our PP ended, we could have still had a 1-man advantage at that time).  But regardless, the players are still responsible for the goal, call or not, so that isn't an excuse. Just saying, just because there has only been 3 penalties called, doesn't mean that they've done a good job. It's the quality of what gets called and doesn't get called that determines whether this guy is doing his job well or not.

Edited by Jasper84, 07 April 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#287 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

The Blues are imho, a better team than 8th place. If they get in the post season, they can make some noise. Our offense is too much from the perimeter.

Bring back the one-timer, I've been saying it for a few years now.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#288 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

this has to be the s***tiest passing ive seen

#289 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

What do we have to do to get someone to attack the net?  Skate, skate, skate...pass, pass, pass...back pass...shot from the perimeter...back the other way. 

DRIVE THEf****** NET!

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#290 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Second drawn penalty by Abby today.

#291 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

C'mon PP

#292 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

We no score here, I say F-you Jobu...I do it myself!

#293 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Good to see Datsyuk catch punkass Jackman and his little shoves back there. Let's get this on the PP!

#294 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,262 posts

Man, can't we sneak Homer out there?

#295 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

The Blues are imho, a better team than 8th place. If they get in the post season, they can make some noise. Our offense is too much from the perimeter.

Bring back the one-timer, I've been saying it for a few years now.

No kidding.  Just keep Kindl on the whole PP.  He gets it.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#296 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Dan Cleary playing the powerplay.

Great coach alright.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#297 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,524 posts

Maybe call what should be called? I don't ever say a word about officiating, but I have to reply to this. How do you not call a too many men, when even Eddie of all people saw it and called it out? That, called correctly, could have potentially changed the current score (the goal happened shortly after our PP ended, we could have still had a 1-man advantage at that time).  But regardless, the players are still responsible for the goal, call or not, so that isn't an excuse. Just saying, just because there has only been 3 penalties called, doesn't mean that they've done a good job. It's the quality of what gets called and doesn't get called that determines whether this guy is doing his job well or not.

Very well said. BOTH teams and their fanbases deserve a game called fairly, consistently, and evenly. I don't want to lose due to weak officiating, but I don't want to win because of it either. If it's a penalty, call it both ways all the time. If it's not, don't.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#298 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Refs miss "too many men" calls all the time.  I don't hear anyone complaining when we get away with one.  And this season, bad line changes has been something of an art for the Red Wings. 

Edited by kipwinger, 07 April 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#299 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

There is absolutely NO team in the league that does more cheapshotting after the whistle.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#300 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

How about when he allowed Rob Niedermayer to push Hasek into the net and called it a good goal?

What is a bad goal?

So he's the only referee in the NHL that's made calls that have gone against the Wings?

Oh, look another Wings PP today.  Clearly, he hates them.