• This topic is locked This topic is locked
573 replies to this topic

#461 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

I think that's an IF Bert and Helm come back this season. 

fingers crossed! lol. i miss the hell out of both of them

#462 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

why do we still have flips?

So he can walk in the offseason like Ryan Clowe was supposedly going to do.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#463 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

I find it laughable that Holland did nothing at the deadline except say that getting Bert and Helm back is better than anything he could have done.  That's something to look forward to right?  Get a couple guys back so that we'll finally return to last season's form...e.g. a lineup that got SPANKED in the first round by Nashville.  Awesome. 

Thank god we've got Smith and Nyquist.  No need to do anything.  They're the future. 

very true idk what he was thinking not making something happen at the deadline i still think this team can do something major if the chemistry gets going but other than that yea it could be bad i just want us in the playoffs no matter what the outcome  Playoffs without us is going to be depressing

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#464 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

I find it laughable that Holland did nothing at the deadline except say that getting Bert and Helm back is better than anything he could have done.  That's something to look forward to right?  Get a couple guys back so that we'll finally return to last season's form...e.g. a lineup that got SPANKED in the first round by Nashville.  Awesome. 

And now we're sitting in the get-SPANKED by Chicago playoff seed. Even if we hold onto it, I wouldn't be thrilled with our chances. We gotta scrounge for every point now.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#465 PumpIron

PumpIron

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

So many of our shots were blocked, kudos to blues defense. Solid game howard and dekeyser, kindl. 

Wheres the offense?

#466 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

So he can walk in the offseason like Ryan Clowe was supposedly going to do.  

trading for clowe would have been making a move for the sake of making a move. the team isnt in a position to rent players for a playoff run.

#467 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

I just hate that if we miss the playoffs we will be in the middle pick section. I would rather miss the playoffs and just bomb the season to get a good pick.

Every team that misses the playoffs goes into the draft lottery so teams like Colorado and Calgary that should get a top 5 pick arnt guaranteed to get to pick that high

#468 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Damn that Filppula.  If he'd only become a scoring winger overnight, instead of playing the exact type of game that got him to the NHL, then our need for a winger would be resolved. 

Mike Babcock and Ken Holland are absurd.  They both believe that you absolutely CAN squeeze blood from a stone, so long as the stone seizes the opportunity and competes hard enough. 

very true idk what he was thinking not making something happen at the deadline i still think this team can do something major if the chemistry gets going but other than that yea it could be bad i just want us in the playoffs no matter what the outcome  Playoffs without us is going to be depressing

If they're going to keep going forward with this same garbage lineup, and not make any major changes then I'd rather they don't make the playoffs.  At least that way they'd get a high draft pick and people would have to stop using that excuse. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#469 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

:rolleyes:

Not this argument again.

guys its not an arguement its a FACT look at the last 10 years of Hockey we finished at the top and lost to a 7th seeded Anhiem Ducks Calgary Flames team and a 8th seeded Edm Team the low seeds have brought it a hell of alot more than Higher seeds in the playoffs so maybe just maybe if we did get in by the skin of our teeth we could ight a fire under our teams ass and bring it hard to the top team nothing is impossible im just saying i know this team has been terrible the last couple of years but you never know what can happen good line changes by babcock during the postseason could give us the added chemistry we need

Edited by sjr2012, 07 April 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#470 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

Kronwall sucks at sports he should be a dentist or something

That was hilarious, though slightly exaggerated.

Wasnt an exaggeration as much as an insult to dentists.

Edited by gowings00, 07 April 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#471 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Sorry! That's not happening. And I hate when people bring up the LA thing. It's getting old, we're not LA and that won't happen to us.

Yeah, it is annoying.  And so are the responses to the LA thing. They are also getting just as old and are equally as annoying, in my opinion.

#472 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

out of the 80 goalies that have iced in the NHL this year Elliott is ranked 40th to our Jimmys 10th position. Just thought id let you all know as we seem to make him look like Roy, saying that how may other back ups or rookie keepers have our inept forwards made to look like Allstars......or is that just me?

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#473 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Tough loss but that's the way it goes. We deserved to win, we didn't. We had enough chances to score a couple of goals, but the puck didn't go our way. Blues got a fluke goal and sat back the rest of the way. If it's one thing Hitchcock knows it's how to protect a lead, and he has the defensive pieces to do it. 

I thought the key moment that killed our chances of a comeback was when Babcock decided to put Abdelkader out on the 4-on-4. Lots of space on the ice, great for skilled players like Nyquist right? Well no, let's play a guy whose biggest strenght is playing along the boards, something there's a lot less of in 4-on-4 hockey. So he gets the puck, and Kronwall is completely open in a spectacular scoring opportunity. It's a pass even I could put on the tape, but Justin puts it behind Nicky so instead of stepping into the slot and scoring he has to slow down, awkwardly take the pass with his skate and nothing comes of the chance at all. Kronwall is so frustrated by the bad pass he takes a stupid penalty shortly after. 

Babcock has to start playing the guys who actually make things happen for us. If we can call up Shehan, we can call up Tatar. Time to sit Daniel Cleary because he doesn't help us win. Time to make Abdelkader a 4th liner like he's supposed to be. Tatar, Nyquist, Zetterberg and Datsyuk are the guys who drive our offense, backed up by Filppula and Franzen (who was looking good today). Right there you have our top 6. LOAD THAT SH*T UP. 

Also Dekeyser looks ready to play more minutes. 

#474 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

They won off a garbage goal and a bunch of non-calls.

Right, because our PP was really clicking and more of them would have made a huge difference.  They won because they played hard, went to the net, played stellar defense and their goaltender stopped the few good shots he had to face.

#475 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

all in all something has to change with this team we got a lot of tough teams coming the next couple weeks Sj who always brings it to us Chi ......nuff said and Calgry who without Iglina wont be as tough but stil has got us twice than you got Nashville i mean we really needed  2 today so now its going to really show what we are made of these 10 left

Edited by sjr2012, 07 April 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#476 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

trading for clowe would have been making a move for the sake of making a move. the team isnt in a position to rent players for a playoff run.

But we might be renting Filppula if he doesn't re-sign in the offseason.  May as well have moved him.  

Remember Stuart last year?

#477 SimonSin

SimonSin

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

My prediction for the remaining schedule. Not gonna go into regulation or OT loss or wins but I think it's gonna go like this.

SJ - Loss

Chi - Loss

Nashville - Win

Calgary - Win

Vancouver - Loss

Phoenix - Win

LA - Loss

Nashville - Win

Dallas - Loss

#478 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

The urgency just isnt there...the last 5 mins of game is how the entire game needs to be played. Hell I would settle for half of the game.

I understand we were going for broke at that point but that pace is how we need to play 60 mins if we want to make the playoffs and make a run.

#479 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

guys its not an arguement its a FACT look at the last 10 years of Hockey we finished at the top and lost to a 7th seeded Anhiem Ducks Calgary Flames team and a 8th seeded Edm Team the low seeds have brought it a hell of alot more than Higher seeds in the playoffs so maybe just maybe if we did get in by the skin of our teeth we could ight a fire under our teams ass and bring it hard to the top team nothing is impossible im just saying i know this team has been terrible the last couple of years but you never know what can happen good line changes by babcock during the postseason could give us the added chemistry we need

Work ethic.  Physicality.  Tight defense.  No mistakes.  Hot goaltending.

That's how those teams beat higher seeds.  We have none of that.  

I'm tired of this argument and having to explain it over and over again.    

#480 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

there are more then 2 options to build a team. Its not like just because Clowes here it means we are postponing a rebuild. In a perfect world you get a player like Clowe that would help us, and rid of flips who isn't and is a UFA (seeking $ that i consider monkey business)