• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Heater

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

Danny Heatley is expected to be bought out in the summer. He is basically a less physical Franzen with more skill. He has some size that we could desperately use in the top 6.
Do you think playing with Datsyuk and/or Zetterebrg would reignite his career?

I haven't been so quick to expect him to be bought out yet. He's certainly not playing up to his salary, but was still on pace to pot 25+ goals in a full season. I could see a team that has the cap space but might not have the best chance at signing him in the open market, make a trade offer to Minnesota for him. Teams like Florida or Edmonton come to mind.

I can't see us giving him enough money because some foolish team would offer him some serious cheddar if he's bought out based on his name and reputation. A 1 yr deal at 2.5/3 mil would be worth it to see if he has anything left as a "star" forward but that wouldn't get it done.

I can't see us giving him enough money because some foolish team would offer him some serious cheddar if he's bought out based on his name and reputation. A 1 yr deal at 2.5/3 mil would be worth it to see if he has anything left as a "star" forward but that wouldn't get it done.

With the thin market for forwards this summer, Heatley would still be one of the best available if he got bought out. I wouldn't be surprised if he saw offers of $4-5mil a season.

Isn't he a cancer? We already seem to have complacency issues, what we need are some players who don't use their skill as an excuse to float, because we don't have a system those types of stars can thrive in. His productivity would plummet.

Past his prime, not producing like he should be on a line with Parise and getting PP time. If this were the regular season he'd probably be on pace for about a 45 point season, and that's not exactly what we need in a top 6 forward. Pass on Heatley.

Danny Heatley is expected to be bought out in the summer. He is basically a less physical Franzen with more skill. He has some size that we could desperately use in the top 6.

Do you think playing with Datsyuk and/or Zetterebrg would reignite his career?

LOL, didn't know that was possible. Mule is the same guy who goes to the corner to hit a guy and HE is the one on the ice in the aftermath.

Guest Johnz96

LOL, didn't know that was possible. Mule is the same guy who goes to the corner to hit a guy and HE is the one on the ice in the aftermath.

LOL, you mean like this?

Past his prime, not producing like he should be on a line with Parise and getting PP time. If this were the regular season he'd probably be on pace for about a 45 point season, and that's not exactly what we need in a top 6 forward. Pass on Heatley.

He has been moved from the first line long time ago. He was mostly on the checking line with the likes of Clutterbuck and Brodziak lately. Main problem I see with Heatley is that he is slow.

Wow, if you told a 2004 Wings fan that we would be replacing Todd Bertuzzi with Dany Heatley in 2013, they'd have burned JLA to the ground.

I live in MN and watch Wild games. You want no part of Heatley. I don't know if he was poisoned by the "chill" culture of San Jose or if he just lost the foot speed due to age, but he's a very ordinary player who will get too much money, and I could see his skills falling off even more.

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk