• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Another diving incident

Rate this topic

Either Stralman is the biggest cream puff in the history of professional hockey, or that was the best sell I've ever seen. Hard not to make that call when the guy goes down in a heap, stays down, then limps off the ice and continues to sell it on the bench.

It looks like he got him above the shin pad although there didn't seem to be too much of a wind up. Who knows. That's the issue with these calls/no calls. The ref has to judge if he truly took a dive and that isn't easy do.

It looks like he got him above the shin pad although there didn't seem to be too much of a wind up. Who knows. That's the issue with these calls/no calls. The ref has to judge if he truly took a dive and that isn't easy do.

Especially when the ref that calls the penalty is at center ice instead of the one 20 feet away.

It's one of my biggest pet peeves with the two ref system. From that distance as he's skating towards the play, there's no way he got a good look at what happened.

In the thread about this dive over at hfboards there's post clips of a few other awful dives this season. Like Steve Bernier pulling a Carcillo and faking like he got hit with a high stick that never actually touched him. He goes right to the bench rubbing his lip and even checks in with the trainer. Overall though that weasel Perron's is still #1 for me so far.

Either Stralman is the biggest cream puff in the history of professional hockey, or that was the best sell I've ever seen. Hard not to make that call when the guy goes down in a heap, stays down, then limps off the ice and continues to sell it on the bench.

It is when van Riemsdyk barely touched him, I doubt you've played hockey and know how insignificant that contact was.

Hard to tell, knees can get hurt by the stupidest of things, but a massive kneeing at full speed and both players are fine. I will with hold judgement purely because it could be one of those times.

id expect someone playing roadhockey with no pads to stay up after that love tap

I hurt my left knee after a bad fall, any love tap can cause a lot of pain now. So not knowing his injury history, I would say that I will reserve judgement.

It is when van Riemsdyk barely touched him, I doubt you've played hockey and know how insignificant that contact was.

Really, you're gonna go there? How much hockey I've played has nothing to do with the point that I was trying to make, which is that without the benefit of replay, van Riemsdyk's stick clearly making contact no matter how insignificant, and the fact that Stralman stayed down and acted as though he was hurt, I can see how that was called a penalty.

could have been the upper knee where the muscle or ligament attaches, theres not a lot of padding there, i know one time i blocked a shot there and couldnt skate right til my next shift but i got right up didnt lay there and i tried to go in on a breakaway.

could have been the upper knee where the muscle or ligament attaches, theres not a lot of padding there, i know one time i blocked a shot there and couldnt skate right til my next shift but i got right up didnt lay there and i tried to go in on a breakaway.

Blocking a shot and being tapped by a stick are not one and the same. It was a dive. Stralman is a *****

Guest RedWingsDad

I hurt my left knee after a bad fall, any love tap can cause a lot of pain now. So not knowing his injury history, I would say that I will reserve judgement.

That was a total and complete dive and then a total charade as he limped to the bench.

Really, you're gonna go there? How much hockey I've played has nothing to do with the point that I was trying to make, which is that without the benefit of replay, van Riemsdyk's stick clearly making contact no matter how insignificant, and the fact that Stralman stayed down and acted as though he was hurt, I can see how that was called a penalty.

yeah but it shouldn't have been a penalty

Why do people say diving will be the death of this league? Does the average casual fan pick up on these things? Does he care?

Death of its integrity, maybe. But then, the NHL's integrity's been dying a very slow death for a very long time, even without the diving.