• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

Really, you're gonna go there? How much hockey I've played has nothing to do with the point that I was trying to make, which is that without the benefit of replay, van Riemsdyk's stick clearly making contact no matter how insignificant, and the fact that Stralman stayed down and acted as though he was hurt, I can see how that was called a penalty.

yeah but it shouldn't have been a penalty

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#22 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

VRD should've got up in Stralman's face (and possibly mocked him) as he skated to the bench to "draw attention" to the dive.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#23 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

yeah but it shouldn't have been a penalty

In that I agree, my point was that given the quality of the sell job I understand why it was.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#24 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

Never knew Stralman to be that type of player.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#25 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Why do people say diving will be the death of this league? Does the average casual fan pick up on these things? Does he care?

Death of its integrity, maybe. But then, the NHL's integrity's been dying a very slow death for a very long time, even without the diving.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#26 Aznknight

Aznknight

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

Bettman is the death of NHL

#27 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

This is still the best dive ever.

tumblr_mb4awtbIQL1rejjllo1_400.gif

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#28 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

Pretty safe to say Toews is giving a diving exhibition this series, doesn't belong in the game.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#29 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,519 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

Pretty safe to say Toews is giving a diving exhibition this series, doesn't belong in the game.

Franzen as well?

#30 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Franzen as well?

I only saw the embellishment by Franzen in this past game, and the call should have been made. He shouldn't have laid there for an hour but it was a missed call.. Of course franzen is a diver but Toews is taking it to new level here. Every stick that touches him he flops trying to draw a roughing call or a trip.

Also a clear embellishment by Bolland who ran straight into his man then flopped like a ton of bricks.

Edited by jollymania, 21 May 2013 - 10:10 AM.

- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#31 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

I only saw the embellishment by Franzen in this past game, and the call should have been made. He shouldn't have laid there for an hour but it was a missed call.. Of course franzen is a diver but Toews is taking it to new level here. Every stick that touches him he flops trying to draw a roughing call or a trip.

Also a clear embellishment by Bolland who ran straight into his man then flopped like a ton of bricks.

Toews admitted after game 2 he was frustrated because he was trying to draw calls and they were not making them.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#32 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

Yeah, I've never had a problem with Toews in the past, but this series he's really Crosbying it up.  Maybe he should act more like the guy that won the Conn Smythe a few years and less like the guy that whines for penalties.

#33 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

Yeah, I've never had a problem with Toews in the past, but this series he's really Crosbying it up.  Maybe he should act more like the guy that won the Conn Smythe a few years and less like the guy that whines for penalties.

Agreed. It's always good to play like Zetterberg. ;-)

Edited by The Axe, 21 May 2013 - 10:23 AM.