• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jeff48109

Helm might be out for season

Rate this topic

I'm surprised Helm won't be playing this season......said nobody who's been following his injury this year.

More surprising is Babcock saying that Flip is being dropped to centering the 3rd line now between Cleary & Brunner with Miller moving up to the 2nd with Franzen & Nyquist.

Ouch this hurts, thought he might get 5 games or something like that and then play in the playoffs. Better to be safe then sorry especially with a back.

Lame, as much as I love Helm he literally has proved to be useless this year and a good portion of last.

What? He played 70 games last year

Guest Crymson

Lame, as much as I love Helm he literally has proved to be useless this year and a good portion of last.

Uh, OK. Apparently we have different definitions of useless.

Helm and Bert both more than likely out for season.

So our deadline acquisition is.....Mikael friggin Samuelsson?

Good God!

I doubt he'll be playing.

He's not going to play hockey, right, this year, I don't think,'' Babcock said after Tuesday's practice. We got to get ourselves in the playoffs and be ready to go without him.''

I'm trying to stay positive,'' Helm said. I think my spirits are a little bit higher than they have been. It feels better but still can't really put any time on what's going on.

I've been skating for a while, working out for a while, working really hard. It's just that I still feel pain, feel a lot of discomfort. I don't know if one day I'll wake up and feel great or it's going to be kind of gradual thing.''

I'm surprised Helm won't be playing this season......said nobody who's been following his injury this year.

More surprising is Babcock saying that Flip is being dropped to centering the 3rd line now between Cleary & Brunner with Miller moving up to the 2nd with Franzen & Nyquist.

Why miller? He doesn't create anything offensively. If there gonna do that then it should be someone like eaves moving up. Even tootoo would be better than miller on that line.

It does sound like a pretty good third line tho

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

anyone surprised by this news was clearly in denial.

Yeah, it's been too long. He shouldn't push himself at his age to try and come back. Hopefully he can get to 100% before next season and won't have any recurring back issues.

The scary part isn't if it ends his seasons, the scary part is if it keeps coming back throughout his career. This was the right decision.

Ouch this hurts, thought he might get 5 games or something like that and then play in the playoffs. Better to be safe then sorry especially with a back.

What? He played 70 games last year

he got injured at a terrible time, magnifies it. And in 2 years he has only played what 71 games now?