• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jeff48109

Helm might be out for season

Rate this topic

Good player for us, but too injury prone. From a business standpoint, he's a detriment to this team until he can prove otherwise.

Unfortunately, it's hard to find someone like him who has that kind of speed and plays that style. I'm thinking a Draper type player.

Good player for us, but too injury prone. From a business standpoint, he's a detriment to this team until he can prove otherwise.

Unfortunately, it's hard to find someone like him who has that kind of speed and plays that style. I'm thinking a Draper type player.

Agree, hell of a player but man he sure takes up space sitting up in the press box every night.

I'm not sure that he's injury prone. Aside from one calendar year he hasn't missed much time at all. Now lets look at the injuries he's had during that time. Strained MCL, which is an impact injury and was suffered during a game against San Jose. Nothing can be done. Sliced tendons...c'mon? Fractured cheekbone during offseason when hit by puck...ditto. And finally, torn disc during preseason workout.

None of these injuries are recurring, none of them are structural, and any of them (aside from the last one) could just as easily have happened to anyone on the team.

Marc Savard.Todd Bertuzzi, and Peter Forsberg were injury prone. Darren Helm is unlucky.

This is no surprise but it sucks all the same. He is a fan favorite but I worry about his future with his style of play and back problems. So there was no better choices at the deadline then Drew Miller for our top six???? well alright then.

This is no surprise but it sucks all the same. He is a fan favorite but I worry about his future with his style of play and back problems. So there was no better choices at the deadline then Drew Miller for our top six???? well alright then.

Darren Helm doesn't have "back problems". He has had A back problem. Singular. Which has yet to fully heal, but which has yielded zero structural damage by all accounts. People around here make it seem like he's missing time every other week with a back issue. He's never missed a single second of hockey with "back problems" until now.

Henrik Zetterberg and Todd Bertuzzi have back problems. As of right now, Darren Helm has a back problem.

Guest Crymson

That's the problem with back injuries. I highly doubt he makes it through next year with no problems....this isn't really surprising to us realist. The optimist are disappointed I'm sure.

Haha. I love it when people label pessimism as "realism."

Anyway, you're wrong; back problems that don't require surgical intervention are often completely recoverable.

Eaves has a hell of a shot, I don't know why they don't use him whenever they need a winger for Datsyuk.

Helm's absence is really hurting this team. It's like night and day when he's in/out of a game. I was hoping to get him back in time for playoffs. Now I just hope he comes back someday.

I've mentioned that before in the past. Eaves' one-timer is awesome and he's a right handed shot. All the different things that Babcock tried this year, I'm surprised he didn't try that.

I hate to say I told you so...

I love Helm. The prototypical bottom-6'er. Very valuable. Does a lot of the dirty work that most just aren't willing to do. He's such a little firepisser. I love that about him.

You told us so? The guy hasn't played all year, he has barely skated all year and you are the guru that told us so?

Haha. I love it when people label pessimism as "realism."

Anyway, you're wrong; back problems that don't require surgical intervention are often completely recoverable.

And often they're not. "That's the problem with back injuries." That may be pessimism, but there's realism in it.

Didn't read the thread, but Holland said today on hockey central that they're still crossing their fingers and that he skated today, yadda yadda yadda. I'd think that would require a semi deep playoff run, though.

Guest mjtm77

anyone surprised by this news was clearly in denial.

he got injured at a terrible time, magnifies it. And in 2 years he has only played what 71 games now?

you twisted this so horribly wrong to try to get it in your favor.

1. this is a short season

2.he was not useless last season he played 70 games and was a good center

Guest Crymson

And often they're not. "That's the problem with back injuries." That may be pessimism, but there's realism in it.

There's less realism than pessimism in it. And there is anyway plenty of realism in optimism also.