• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

Eaves has a hell of a shot, I don't know why they don't use him whenever they need a winger for Datsyuk.  

Helm's absence is really hurting this team.  It's like night and day when he's in/out of a game.  I was hoping to get him back in time for playoffs.  Now I just hope he comes back someday.

I've mentioned that before in the past.  Eaves' one-timer is awesome and he's a right handed shot.  All the different things that Babcock tried this year, I'm surprised he didn't try that.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#62 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

I hate to say I told you so...

I love Helm. The prototypical bottom-6'er. Very valuable. Does a lot of the dirty work that most just aren't willing to do. He's such a little firepisser. I love that about him.

You told us so? The guy hasn't played all year, he has barely skated all year and you are the guru that told us so? 

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#63 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,746 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

:glare: 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#64 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

I'm all for Eaves getting more playing time. Don't understand why he's the odd man out lately. I think he's starting to look better after being out for such a long time.

#65 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Haha. I love it when people label pessimism as "realism."

Anyway, you're wrong; back problems that don't require surgical intervention are often completely recoverable.

And often they're not. "That's the problem with back injuries." That may be pessimism, but there's realism in it.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#66 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

Didn't read the thread, but Holland said today on hockey central that they're still crossing their fingers and that he skated today, yadda yadda yadda. I'd think that would require a semi deep playoff run, though.

#67 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

anyone surprised by this news was clearly in denial.

he got injured at a terrible time, magnifies it. And in 2 years he has only played what 71 games now?

you twisted this so horribly wrong to try to get it in your favor.

1. this is a short season

2.he was not useless last season he played 70 games and was a good center

Posted Image

#68 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

And often they're not. "That's the problem with back injuries." That may be pessimism, but there's realism in it.

There's less realism than pessimism in it. And there is anyway plenty of realism in optimism also.