• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

What are the odds of Datsyuk staying after next season?

Rate this topic

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

I'm asking because I am thinking about buying a Datsyuk Winter Classic jersey, and it would be an epic fail if he left after next season.

I'd say like 95% chance he'll stay?

It's pretty hard to give an actual percentage figure on this, but I think there's a pretty good likelihood. It would be far more indicative if he'd brought his kid and wife over here. He didn't. Add to that how much fun he had over there during the lockout, competitive wages in the KHL, and him mentioning leaving in the past and I'd say it's fairly likely. But then again, he's a competitor and there's no league in the world like the NHL so who knows?

I'd say the chances are pretty low. He has said numerous times he wants to play in the KHL at the end of his career and he is getting up there in years. And the way things are looking, we probably aren't going to be a cup contender next year with the team we have and I don't think Holland is bold enough to do what needs to be done to make us cup contenders next year.

No one knows, it's all just pure speculation. Holland said Pasha nor his agent had said anything about it to him, nor have they had talks. Holland proceeded to say that him and Pavel will sit down at the end of the season before he goes back to Russia for the summer. Pavel tweeted jokingly that Mr.I had no more money for him after he signed Verlander. It really wouldn't surprise anyone if he did indeed left though. His daughter is his heart and soul and she's getting to the age where he should be there for her. He never moved his daughter here because he wanted her to experience the Russian culture; grow up with it. On the flip side, there's quotes like him joking around with Mr.I and that Redmon and Daniels had said they really believe he'll sign an extension for another 1-2. So who knows, it's all pure speculation. If he hasn't told Holland, and they haven't sat down and talked about it, I highly doubt anyone really knows his true intentions. He still has another season to play here next year, and many things could change. We all won't know until he does something.

Guest Crymson

It's pretty hard to give an actual percentage figure on this, but I think there's a pretty good likelihood. It would be far more indicative if he'd brought his kid and wife over here. He didn't. Add to that how much fun he had over there during the lockout, competitive wages in the KHL, and him mentioning leaving in the past and I'd say it's fairly likely. But then again, he's a competitor and there's no league in the world like the NHL so who knows?

He's not married.

It all depends on the Wings play-off performance this season and next season. If the Wings aren't a contender, he will leave. Who wants to play 82 games a season, with no chance of winning a Cup?

Guest The Axe

No way he leaves. He is posturing so he gets paid 7.5 mil a season instead of 5. Its p.r. work.

No way he leaves. He is posturing so he gets paid 7.5 mil a season instead of 5. Its p.r. work.

He's already got a ton of money and will probably still be payed well in the KHL. I doubt money will be a deciding factor for him.

Probably about 50/50, like someone said.

What are the odds we'll have a team going in the right direction, to entice him to stay?

Agreed. He can get just as much (probably more) from the KHL in Russia, where his daughter lives.

Is Pav going to be enticed by a middling team and wingers like Franzen and Abdelkader? The Red Wings need to show they are going to be seriously competitive for him stick around.

Agreed. He can get just as much (probably more) from the KHL in Russia, where his daughter lives.

Is Pav going to be enticed by a middling team and wingers like Franzen and Abdelkader? The Red Wings need to show they are going to be seriously competitive for him stick around.

What makes you think he will get better wingers in Russia?

His daughter lives in Ekaterinburg, it's 2 hours flight from Moscow, 3 hours - from St. Peterbugh and 6 or 7 from Khabarovsk. Yes, he can see his daughter two or three time more than if he plays here... But these (daughter and wingers) aren't deciding factors, not even close.

If the team appears to be close to winning a cup at the end of next year, he'll likely stay for a bit longer.

If they are still staring at the abyss of a rebuilding phase like they are now (and they will be I think), he's probably gone.

So I'd say 25% for staying and 75% for leaving.

No matter whether he stays or goes - those jerseys are an encapsulation in time due to their very nature. Any player's jersey that you get will be representative of that one particular game.

Exactly. As long as he plays in that game that's all that matters. I'm trying to collect all of the jerseys he's worn, home/away, all-star, Winter Classics, etc. I bought mine today. I'm holding out to see if Federov is going to play in the alumni game before I get a customized alumni jersey.

I can't put a percentage on it, but something deep inside me believes he'll stay for another year or so. I don't know. I plan on doing some heavy duty groveling at training camp.