Photo
- - - - -

What are the odds of Datsyuk staying after next season?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

No matter whether he stays or goes - those jerseys are an encapsulation in time due to their very nature. Any player's jersey that you get will be representative of that one particular game.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#22 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

No matter whether he stays or goes - those jerseys are an encapsulation in time due to their very nature. Any player's jersey that you get will be representative of that one particular game.

Exactly. As long as he plays in that game that's all that matters. I'm trying to collect all of the jerseys he's worn, home/away, all-star, Winter Classics, etc. I bought mine today. I'm holding out to see if Federov is going to play in the alumni game before I get a customized alumni jersey.

#23 Wingnut in WA

Wingnut in WA

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

0%

#24 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:25 AM

I'd say its nearly 100% he will be gone. I hope I'm wrong!!

#25 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

I can't put a percentage on it, but something deep inside me believes he'll stay for another year or so.  I don't know.  I plan on doing some heavy duty groveling at training camp.

Posted Image

#26 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

I'll say with 100% certainty that no one on this board has the faintest idea what Datsyuk will do when his contract is up.  (That includes me.)

I'm asking because I am thinking about buying a Datsyuk Winter Classic jersey, and it would be an epic fail if he left after next season.

I'd say like 95% chance he'll stay?

A Datsyuk jersery will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be a fail.  Thinking a Datsyuk jersey could be a fail, that is the fail itself.  ;)

Agreed.  ...and why not pick the best player on our team to represent that game for you?

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

Yes, he can see his daughter two or three time more than if he plays here... But these (daughter and wingers) aren't deciding factors, not even close.

I imagine that'd mean a lot to him, and her, and the Mrs.

It'll probaly come down to the money, though. As it probably should. You take of your family. Which decision would fetch him more for his family?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

In the event of a possible "до свидания", I hope management has started to make plans; serious, meaningful plans.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#29 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

100%

#30 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

If we are talking about finishing his career in Russia I say he plays till 42-43 so he could do another 2 year deal here and get in 3 years in Russia. Now if you add the family factor that changes everything and its anybody's guess.

#31 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

I'm asking because I am thinking about buying a Datsyuk Winter Classic jersey, and it would be an epic fail if he left after next season.

I'd say like 95% chance he'll stay?

Buy it anyways cause Dats is the man and you'll never forgive yourself if you don't get it, even if it's roster relevancy is only for 1 year, he's a lifetime Wing.  I still wear my Yzerman shirt all the time, even with its unfortunate holes and I may even get a Gordie Howe shirt.  Choices for jerseys for lifetime Wings are never a bad choice.  Just got a Z jersey myself and he's a skating band-aid.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#32 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

I agree with the sentiment that Dats' decision would have to do with the quality of our team at the time his contract expires, but numerous other contracts will be expiring as well for guys that are non-essentials to the team.  With the newer blood that will be coming into our lineup that year hopefully that will entice him to stay.  Imagine the Wings pushing for a cup with the likes of a bigger stronger Jarnkrok, Sproul and Ouellet may be good to go, Tatar and Tvrdon may make their way up, Pulkkinen may turn out to be a sniper, Backman should be up next year or the year after....  This team could have a whole new look.  If you add all of those guys and then imagine if Kenny somehow gets Clarkson to sign here by telling him, "we want you to play on Datsyuk's wing".  What we need to do is be patient and hope that Colo and Sammy get bought out, some of our guys take .3 mil less than they want so we can get a guy like Clarkson in under the cap and we'll be a contender in 2 years max.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#33 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

If the team doesnt improve next season I for one hope he goes back to Russia. For me one of the most painfull things this season is watching a player of his calibre be forced to play with two dead weights on his wings. Go back to the Motherland if it makes you happy Pavel. Thank you for the years of great hockey.

To the OP. Get the jersey. Even if he leaves it is a great purchase to show your appreciation for his years of service with the organization. The guy is one of the top 20 players in Wings history.

#34 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

What makes you think he will get better wingers in Russia?

His daughter lives in Ekaterinburg, it's 2 hours flight from Moscow, 3 hours - from St. Peterbugh and 6 or 7 from Khabarovsk. Yes, he can see his daughter two or three time more than if he plays here... But these (daughter and wingers) aren't deciding factors, not even close.

Clearly you are not a parent. Money is not the issue, nor will it be. This is going to be all about his family as it should be. If you had kids that you didn't get to see for months on end, you would understand this. There are far more important things in life than money and hockey, and your children is #1 on that list.

This is way Stuart left and signed with SJ, his family. I do lean towards the 'he is gone side', but no one truely knows.

#35 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

If the team doesnt improve next season I for one hope he goes back to Russia. For me one of the most painfull things this season is watching a player of his calibre be forced to play with two dead weights on his wings. Go back to the Motherland if it makes you happy Pavel. Thank you for the years of great hockey.

To the OP. Get the jersey. Even if he leaves it is a great purchase to show your appreciation for his years of service with the organization. The guy is one of the top 20 players in Wings history.

He could have complained about Cleary, and rightfully so, but he's never complained about Abdelkader. People really need to stop using this, "he's playing with s***ty linemates, he's going to Russia" argument. It holds absolutely no substance if the man himself praises the play of his linemate and asks the coach for him to remain on the line with him. Until Bert gets healthy, or we have another person to fill his role properly, it's not going to happen. 

Clearly you are not a parent. Money is not the issue, nor will it be. This is going to be all about his family as it should be. If you had kids that you didn't get to see for months on end, you would understand this. There are far more important things in life than money and hockey, and your children is #1 on that list.

This is way Stuart left and signed with SJ, his family. I do lean towards the 'he is gone side', but no one truely knows.

Well... Stuart's situation is a tish bit different. Stuart and his family wanted to move to Detroit, unfortunately his wife's ex didn't allow for the child to be removed from the state. They couldn't get full custody, so the family HAD to stay in California. You're right that it played a huge part and the only reason why he left, but unlike Pavel's situation, Stuart's family COULDN'T come to Detroit. Pavel has always just wanted his daughter to grow up within Russia, but has said he doesn't mind where she ends up when she grows older. He just wanted her to experience the Russian childhood/culture so it wasn't lost within his family.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#36 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

Forced huh? Must make it real hard to drive to the bank and cash those checks that add up to $6.7mil a year...

I love all of the posters in here that sound like they just got done having breakfast with Pavel. "He won't want to play unless they are a cup contender" or "He doesn't like his line mates" How do we know this? Maybe there are other factors to the contrary?

All this is, is speculation. He told the homer media in Russia that it would be nice to retire there, that could mean a few different things. Maybe this is coming from the same people that cried about how awful the Wings treated Igor Grigorenko when he came to North America... Then you've got that stupid article on Kukla's Korner that cites a "source in Detroit". The source is probably some whiner on SB Nation.

There's really no conceivable conclusion to be drawn until we hear something substantion from either Datsyuk or Holland.

/End.

#37 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

90% sure he stays for at least a year. He's a team player with a lot left in the tank.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#38 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

I imagine that'd mean a lot to him, and her, and the Mrs.

It'll probaly come down to the money, though. As it probably should. You take of your family. Which decision would fetch him more for his family?

He divorced back in 2009 or 2010 (i could be wrong on date, but there is no Mrs. today).

And no, it wont be a money either. He would get as much as he wants from virtually any KHL team.

Eventually, he'd be gone to play and live in Russia, but reasons would be something similar to what Lidstrom's had when decided to move back to Sweden.

I hope he stays for another year or two though, but chances are slim...

I would be so fast jumping on conclusion about me or any other person you never met.

Stuart had played several years while his family was in California, and it was 4 hours flight to get there. For Dats, if he decides to leave and play in Russia, it would be very similar to Stuart situation. He'd want to play for contender, that means chances he plays for Avtomobilist (from city where his daughter lives) are 0. This team is dead last in the East conference. He likely will sign with team from other city, Moskow, St.Peterbrough, Kazan, etc.

Edited by ami, 10 April 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#39 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

If Holland doesn't make some bold moves, he'll be gone after next season.  Possibly Zetterberg too.  These players are way too talented to be playing on a rebuilding team or even a transition team.  I feel bad for both of them right now.  They're both busting their butts, but there really isn't anything around them to help out, so it doesn't even matter.

#40 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

I want that Dats winter classic jersey

IPB Image