Photo
- - - - -

What are the odds of Datsyuk staying after next season?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Nobody likes to loose & why would he want to stay & play on a team that is rebuilding?  Why should he think Holland can do what he has failed to do for the last four years?  Rebuilding will be a process & the players the Wings could get for him will definitely expedite that rebuild.

#42 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

Prices on those jerseys are not bad either, I was expecting like $339.  Looks like I should be able to get one before the new year.  I guess they are in line with the Premier jerseys though, figured they would be 'authentic'.

Edited by rrasco, 10 April 2013 - 01:24 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#43 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Nobody likes to loose & why would he want to stay & play on a team that is rebuilding?  Why should he think Holland can do what he has failed to do for the last four years?  Rebuilding will be a process & the players the Wings could get for him will definitely expedite that rebuild.

Not always the case. Mats Sundin didn't want to leave Toronto when they were practically begging him to waive his NTC so a team could overpay for him as a rental. Same went for Alfredsson when Ottawa went into rebuild mode a couple years back.

It's not like the Red Wings are the Sabres or Flames. They're still a competitive team, just in a bit of a transition. If you are expecting a full scale rebuild, you will be sorely disappointed.

What has Holland failed to do in the last four years that he did previously?

#44 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

He could have complained about Cleary, and rightfully so, but he's never complained about Abdelkader. People really need to stop using this, "he's playing with s***ty linemates, he's going to Russia" argument. It holds absolutely no substance if the man himself praises the play of his linemate and asks the coach for him to remain on the line with him. Until Bert gets healthy, or we have another person to fill his role properly, it's not going to happen. 

Forced huh? Must make it real hard to drive to the bank and cash those checks that add up to $6.7mil a year...

I love all of the posters in here that sound like they just got done having breakfast with Pavel. "He won't want to play unless they are a cup contender" or "He doesn't like his line mates" How do we know this? Maybe there are other factors to the contrary?

You must have misunderstood my post. Nowhere in my post have I said me and Pav had breakfast and he said he wants to go back or did I say hes complained about his teammates. Pav is to good of a teammate to say anything like that. What I said in my post was that "I" as in just me watching the games did not like seeing his greatness wasted on lines with Cleary and Abdelkader. Pav has said in the past he wouldnt mind playing in Russia at the end of his career. Well if the Wings arent a Stanley Cup contender and teams in Russia will pay him more (which they easily can and would do) then why wouldnt he leave?

#45 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

You must have misunderstood my post. Nowhere in my post have I said me and Pav had breakfast and he said he wants to go back or did I say hes complained about his teammates. Pav is to good of a teammate to say anything like that. What I said in my post was that "I" as in just me watching the games did not like seeing his greatness wasted on lines with Cleary and Abdelkader. Pav has said in the past he wouldnt mind playing in Russia at the end of his career. Well if the Wings arent a Stanley Cup contender and teams in Russia will pay him more (which they easily can and would do) then why wouldnt he leave?

Only the first part of my post was directed at you. I almost shed a tear, as I had no idea the adversity that poor Pavel was facing forced to earn his millions of dollars playing with lowly grinding forwards. It actually reminded me of a Russian article that explained Igor Grigorenko's torture in Detroit, and how an evil Mike Babcock wanted him to embarassingly play on the 3rd/4th line, then FORCED him to go be humiliated in a scum bucket called the AHL, and ultimately gave his roster spot to a lowly savage named Aaron Downey.

The rest of it was directed at all the people who are trying to speak for Pavel Datsyuk, but have no idea what's really going on like the rest of the population. None of us really know what Pavel is thinking, or what he will ultimately do. It's pointless to even banter over.

Maybe Datsyuk enjoys the challenge of trying to get the best out players that aren't exactly elite?

Edited by DSM, 10 April 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#46 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

I had originally ordered a Zetterberg jersey, but I cancelled my order and got a Datsyuk one instead. KHL or NHL, it'll still be nice to have his jersey.

#47 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Datsyuk is taking questions Saturday on his OFFICIAL facebook page. Why don't you just ask him?

https://www.facebook...Datsyuk13hockey

Official Page of Russian Born NHL Center for the Detroit Red Wings Pavel Datsyuk
Follow me on Twitter at @datsyuk13

Dear Friends on April 13, 2013 from 13:00 -13:59 (military time) I will take questions from you through my Facebook instant messenger. I will reply to most questions during the day on April 13th. Please be original and ask interesting questions. 
;-). With love, Pasha!

Edited by FireCaptain, 10 April 2013 - 10:00 PM.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#48 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,844 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

Datsyuk is taking questions Saturday on his OFFICIAL facebook page. Why don't you just ask him?

https://www.facebook...Datsyuk13hockey

Official Page of Russian Born NHL Center for the Detroit Red Wings Pavel Datsyuk
Follow me on Twitter at @datsyuk13

Dear Friends on April 13, 2013 from 13:00 -13:59 (military time) I will take questions from you through my Facebook instant messenger. I will reply to most questions during the day on April 13th. Please be original and ask interesting questions. 
;-). With love, Pasha!

What is it like to play on the same line as Dan Cleary?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#49 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

I think he will stay just some of the things I have heard come out of his mouth makes me think he is here for one more contract
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#50 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,196 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

I think it is something like 95 (KHL) 5 (NHL), why should he want to play on a rebuilding team, paying high taxes when he could play in front of his loved ones and make a ton of money overthere? Whatever happens I will buy a NON NHL (hopefully I'll find a replica somewhere) from him.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#51 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

No way he leaves. He is posturing so he gets paid 7.5 mil a season instead of 5. Its p.r. work.

Getting married years ago, having a daughter, getting divorced and having the daughter stay in Russia, all in anticipation of this contract re-signing.

Datsyuk is a friggin public relations genius.
  • DSM likes this

#52 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

57.6%

#53 thePuckBurger

thePuckBurger

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

Exactly. As long as he plays in that game that's all that matters. I'm trying to collect all of the jerseys he's worn, home/away, all-star, Winter Classics, etc. I bought mine today. I'm holding out to see if Federov is going to play in the alumni game before I get a customized alumni jersey.

If Federov plays I'm swimming to the game. Across the Atlantic?!