• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#141 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Give me a break, dude. The guy has only five points in his past four seasons. He's got to produce more at what we're paying him!

Yeah true. He's always floating around the crease, never able to stay on his feet and never uses his size. F******* awful. I mean the guy is 6'0. Never seen him at the offense either. Worst 2-Way player I've ever saw. Should have traded him for a 7th-Round pick. Holland is the worst GM in the league.

Did I forget anything ? :D

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#142 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Yeah true. He's always floating around the crease, never able to stay on his feet and never uses his size. F******* awful. I mean the guy is 6'0. Never seen him at the offense either. Worst 2-Way player I've ever saw. Should have traded him for a 7th-Round pick. Holland is the worst GM in the league.

Did I forget anything ? :D

Yep. He's got hands of stone and he's a slow skater.

#143 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

In NHL 13 i would have dumped sammy, cleary, franzen and two first rounders for stamkos. Jimmy only asks for 4. Wtfnis goin on in the real world

#144 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Have fun in the minors Mrazek.

If Jimmy had half the 08 team in front of him he would win the Vezina. I am happy for him. Ozzy used to get 18-20 shots a night with the best D in the league in front of him and he is considered a God around here. Jimmy is the only reason we are still in the playoff hunt at all.

Let's have Howard make one cup run before we start throwing Osgood under the bus.

Edited by Number19, 13 April 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#145 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Fine with this as long as we don't pay Flip.

Jimmy has been our MVP the last 3 years

2nd behind Datsyuk tbh. Maybe Lidstrom in there as well if you count former Wings

bringit.jpg

#146 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

Though you may have believed on stint of Mrazek's one good game in the NHL, and his temporarily hot run in the AHL, that he was going to take the NHL by storm, that notion no doubt seemed more than a tad premature to the front office.

#147 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

Though you may have believed on stint of Mrazek's one good game in the NHL, and his temporarily hot run in the AHL, that he was going to take the NHL by storm, that notion no doubt seemed more than a tad premature to the front office.

Or mostly everyone. He still has a ways to go.

#148 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

Five million dollars for a goalie who can't steal a game? Please. 

Say your word?!  Sheeaat, I don't even believe that you believe that for one singal second...

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#149 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

A little late, but I am damn glad we've got Howard buttoned down.  You know what I want out of a goalie?  Consistency.  And I believe Howard is consistent.  Sure, he has a bad game every now and then, but all goalies do.  What he doesn't do is go all bipolar like Fleury, and I appreciate the heck out of that.  Nor does he have self-confidence issues like Luongo; when he plays bad, he accepts it, gets over it, and bounces back.  Another thing unlike Luongo: he flips the switch in the playoffs, even when the rest of the team forgets to.  And come on, if he can play decently in front of THIS defense, he'll be just fine in front of a real one.  Rask's contract is up this year, and Lundqvist's is up next year.  Obviously they're going to re-sign with the same teams, but I wonder what you'll all say when you see how much THEY get.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#150 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:07 PM

Term is terrible.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#151 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

JIMMAH HAS HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR BULLs***!

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#152 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

If the AAV is $5.3 million, that's about right for Howard.  It certainly isn't a "bargain", though there are plenty of goalies around the league that make $6 to $8 million per that play at or below Howard's level. 

There really isn't that many.  In the entire league, there are only 5 goalies that make between $6-7 million.  Higgest paid goalie (Rinne) makes $7 million.  All those guys would have signed in bigger spending days as well (at least theoretically).

#153 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

Considering the way he has played the last few games for the Griffins, Mrz has a ways to go.  I figure he will get another full season while Monster and Jimmy are with the Wings next season, and then Mrz will be up to push Jimmy for a spot in 2014-2015 depending on how he has done.  So far, I like what I see, but he has some work to do.  The playoffs this season will speak volumes for him.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#154 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

We won against the Preds last night 3-0 with an empty netter.  Jimmy had what?...13-14 shots in the 1st period, stopped a breakaway on our PP and then a penalty shot he also stopped.  Yeah, Howard sucks and absolutely can't steal a game.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#155 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Let's have Howard make one cup run before we start throwing Osgood under the bus.

In what way was I throwing Ozzy under the bus? I was clearly stating that Ozzy was playing behind some of the best defense in the league and he did not have to carry his team night in and night out. Jimmy does.

#156 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

We won against the Preds last night 3-0 with an empty netter.  Jimmy had what?...13-14 shots in the 1st period, stopped a breakaway on our PP and then a penalty shot he also stopped.  Yeah, Howard sucks and absolutely can't steal a game.

He's done well for about 20 games in a row now.

#157 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

He's done well for about 20 games in a row now.

He's had maybe 2-3 bad games all year.  One of them he had sight issues against the Preds.  Either way, we have a great #1 goalie for 6 more years and his last few he'll have Mrazek, Patterson and that 6'5 giant pushing him for playing time and his spot.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#158 IndianaRedWing

IndianaRedWing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

I have to chuckle at some of the skepticism surrounding Howard. I don't think he's the top goalie in the league, but he's not the problem. Not by a long shot.

Offensively, this team is on the outside looking in. 19th or 20th in the league in scoring, last I checked. You don't make the playoffs scoring fewer than 2.5 goals per game, and if you do, it's because your goalie carried you there.

True, Howard has had issues recently in shutouts. But look at the Chicago game -- one SO goal in 5 attempts (by the Wings). You can pin that OT loss on Howard, but to me it's more evidence that this team's real problem lies elsewhere.

Edited by IndianaRedWing, 15 April 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#159 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

I'm not sure why there's a "signed" tag on this thread.  Maybe I missed the report, but I'm pretty sure he has NOT re-signed.  They just said they were close and had agreed on most terms.  Is there a source anywhere saying this is actually completed?

Edited by Zetts, 15 April 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#160 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Howard should take pk's