4/11 GDT : Sharks 3 at Red Wings 2 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
538 replies to this topic

#21 paulb1320

paulb1320

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

Absolute must win tonight, excited to see if the new line setup pays dividends.

Hopefully Jimmy plays out of his mind on account of his big payday.

4-2 Wings 

LGRW!!

#22 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

Quincey-Smith pairing might give me nightmares

#23 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

must win tonight.....must get at least 1 point tomorrow

I don't know why i'm so insistent on this team making the playoffs and fully expecting them to get bounced in the first round.  weird

naked is a state of mind

#24 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,520 posts

I just don't understand scratching tootoo in a game like this....I don't get it.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#25 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

That line up looks like a spare parts bin inventory list. 

#26 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Quincey-Smith pairing might give me nightmares

Why's that? They actually have the most chemistry and experience together considering they've been playing as a pairing for majority of the season now. I understand much of the Quincey hate; we gave up a 1st rounder for him, he played horrible in the beginning, but recently... he's been playing good. Not out of this world, but good enough to keep him in the top 6. The only thing I could see better, but it would be scary is putting Smitty with DeKeyser. Smith would have the flexibility to play his offensive game, knowing that he has a solid stay at home covering the back-end. But, I wouldn't want to put that much responsibility on DeKeyser, especially being a rookie.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#27 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

should be. but those 3 lines look pretty deep

dats Z brunner

flip franzen nyquist

go wings

#28 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Tootoo needs to be on the ice!!!!

Toot
Toot
Toot
Toot
Toot!'

Honestly he's the only Wing bringing 'noticeable' energy fun and enthusiasm in addition to scoring chances and shooting at the net each of his shifts! Get him out there!

Edited by beachwing, 11 April 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#29 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

Agreed, Ian White has the highest ceiling of any of our defenseman not named Kronwall. He can play and should play a important role for our team.

he has consistently showed that he cannot play defense without creating blatent turnovers, bad passes, he can't skate well, and he sure as heck cannot put up points so far this year... explain to me why he should get the go ahead before any other dmen? he is not playing well so he shouldn't get to play

#30 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

Why is Toots scratched again? He has done his job perfectly this season and deserves to play. I think Eaves should sit instead.

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#31 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Eaves will score in the shoot out watch and see....
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#32 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

you don't agree with white being scratched...?  :shock:

We have 9 defensemen, and 8 of them are better than white this year... 

I watched Dekeyser out there the other night and while i seen potential...that kid looked fairly lost at times and incredibly nervous/anxious. In a must win game right now I'd take the pissed off veteren NHL defenseman playing his former team over a a rookie three games out of college hockey. And im not a big White fan either...

Tootoo needs to be on the ice!!!!

Toot
Toot
Toot
Toot
Toot!'

Honestly he's the only Wing bringing 'noticeable' energy fun and enthusiasm in addition to scoring chances and shooting at the net each of his shifts! Get him out there!

Exactly! Tootoo is exactly the type of player you need on the ice tonight...when the Wings start loafing like theyre great at doing, we need Toots to get out there and fire up the guys. This is why we miss Helm so much...Tootoo is our closest answer to Darren Helm right now.

#33 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Whew, this is a big game, basically a playoff game for all intents and purposes. If they don't bring it...then I don't even see the point of them making the playoffs anyway. 

Also tonight, STL and MIN....I would want Minny to lose this one, as it seems like it will create some more breathing room in the standings. St. Louis has a game in hand, so they will be harder to catch....they might as well take it. 

#34 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

I don't know why i'm so insistent on this team making the playoffs and fully expecting them to get bounced in the first round.  weird

You, me, and about five billion others, friend.

I want no part of the 'hawks. They're for real, and they have our number this season.

Now, the Ducks...

Don't Toews me, bro!

#35 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Whew, this is a big game, basically a playoff game for all intents and purposes. If they don't bring it...then I don't even see the point of them making the playoffs anyway. 

Also tonight, STL and MIN....I would want Minny to lose this one, as it seems like it will create some more breathing room in the standings. St. Louis has a game in hand, so they will be harder to catch....they might as well take it. 

I don't mean to be a negative Nancy but how much do see the point of them making the playoffs right now? This team hardly ever plays like the truly want to win...which btw has been a big part of the problem the last few years. I'm not sure the core of this team is all that concerned with giving it their all to win. The last few playoffs, Datsyuk, Helm, and Howard were the only true standouts to me in terms of looking like they gave a crap whether or not we won.

I hope we make the playoffs, i hope everybody decides to do a 180 and play like they mean it but i dont think its going to happen. To win the Cup we would have to pull the Cinderella run...but we don't have the chemistry, the Cinderella element. Guys like Franzen, White, and Quincey are like cancers to me...that lockerroom can't be what it should be.

Exactly.

Edited by achildr1, 11 April 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#36 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

White played with Lidstrom last season. I feel like a lot of people forget that.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#37 max2015

max2015

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

if the wings win tonight it would be huge win, playoffs are within sight and we need to get these wins in such a critical time.

#38 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

I watched Dekeyser out there the other night and while i seen potential...that kid looked fairly lost at times and incredibly nervous/anxious. In a must win game right now I'd take the pissed off veteren NHL defenseman playing his former team over a a rookie three games out of college hockey. And im not a big White fan either...

Exactly! Tootoo is exactly the type of player you need on the ice tonight...when the Wings start loafing like theyre great at doing, we need Toots to get out there and fire up the guys. This is why we miss Helm so much...Tootoo is our closest answer to Darren Helm right now.

I actually disagree about DD.  I thought he looked very solid.  He made some great plays, and nice passes.  And he never got beat.  His ability to get the puck to the offense the first time is needed.

Edited by cupforwings, 11 April 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#39 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Get to watch this one and Im soo excited!  I really wish Tootoo was in against these guys, but whateves LGW

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#40 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

LET'S GO WINGS!!!