• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

Steve Ott tried "licking" Jeff Halpern's face

Rate this topic

I am really at a loss for words. Don't really know how I take this... immature? funny? uncalled for? good way to agitate?

Anyways here is the link to video over on CBS... http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22052783/did-steve-ott-try-to-lick-jeff-halperns-visor-before-a-faceoff

If anyone wants to embed the video feel free.

Well it was directed more at Halpern's shield, not his face. Mmmmmmm...shield....

My guess is that Ott is going to be in favor of making them mandatory now :D

My guess is that everyone who has to play against Ott is going to be in favour of making them mandatory! :P

It was kind of hard to tell from that angle, but it almost looked more like he stuck his tongue out in a licking motion rather than actually licking him. I don't think he was actually trying to lick.

My guess is that everyone who has to play against Ott is going to be in favour of making them mandatory! :P

It was kind of hard to tell from that angle, but it almost looked more like he stuck his tongue out in a licking motion rather than actually licking him. I don't think he was actually trying to lick.

Haha, I watched Brendan Shanahan's video explanation of the incident. According to Shanny every player is responsible for their own tongue, and much like their stick, they must be held responsible for ensuring its proper use. Additionally, while there was clearly intent to lick, no penalty was assessed by the on ice officials. Furthermore, it must be taken into account that Jeff Halpern was not injured as a result of the incident and was able to return to the ice later that period after squeegeeing off his visor.

In Summary:

Clearly intent to lick

No "licking" penalty assessed

Halpern was not (physically) injured; no mention of the psychological effects

Because of this the Department of Player safety has decided to issue a warning to Buffalo's Steve Ott. He will be considered a repeat "licker" going forward.

Haha, I watched Brendan Shanahan's video explanation of the incident. According to Shanny every player is responsible for their own tongue, and much like their stick, they must be held responsible for ensuring its proper use. Additionally, while there was clearly intent to lick, no penalty was assessed by the on ice officials. Furthermore, it must be taken into account that Jeff Halpern was not injured as a result of the incident and was able to return to the ice later that period after squeegeeing off his visor.

In Summary:

Clearly intent to lick

Because of this the Department of Player safety has decided to issue a warning to Buffalo's Steve Ott. He will be considered a repeat "licker" going forward.

You sir, just won the internet today!

medical treatment is required. apply baseball bat (or hockey stick) right across face two times, twice a day. you see positive results within a week, guaranteed.

In Summary:

Clearly intent to lick

tumblr_lo5mop2q211qa7og9.gif