• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/12 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Blackhawks 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

Can't wait for the excuses.

Whoever gets interviewed: I thought we played good, just sometimes things don't go your way. No reason to lose sleep over it. *whistles a happy tune, skips away to go rest on laurels*

Seriously, nothing ever changes, and the excuses or dismissals have been played out for years. On to another chokefest on Sunday.

Really an awful feeling that we've played 2 games in a row where we've actually been good enough to be able to win, but we've found a way to lose.

A point is a point is a point, but we kind of needed atleast 3 out of the 4 points against SJ and CHI to stay in the driver's seat. Now 8th place is anyone's game really. I don't see this team finding another gear and 'turning it on', I think this is it. What we see is what we get. Maybe they'll find a way to squeeze into the playoffs by some miracle, but right now it's looking more likely they don't.

What's great to see is Howard. What a champion. You can tell how much he wants to win. I'm not seeing that fire in many other guys, sadly. I don't think Zetts and Dats are playing healthy. Still hoping they can carry us to a win or two in the near future. Cleary is the most useless player I've ever seen on a hockey rink, and I'm not exaggerating. Bench him NOW and I think we'll increase our chances of making the playoffs by about 100%.

Came here to ask the same question. Anyone know where we could find a replay?

It went in, didn't see a really good replay but from behind the net you could see the net moving as the puck went in.

Datsyuk has been uninspired in the shootout this season. He has tried pretty much the same old stuff. I miss his unpredictability.

Also whos idea was it to have Quincey and Cola on the ice at the same time? and against Toews too. I can't count the number of times I have seen a goal go in with a Red wing dman laying on the ice in front of howard.

Normally I try to stay positive about the Wings, but I have to say this:

It is an absolute joke that Filppula is asking for 5M+ per year. Does anybody remember the last time that he looked dangerous?

At this point he can ask all he wants, but if Holland gives it to him then that's on him.

Datsyuk has been uninspired in the shootout this season. He has tried pretty much the same old stuff. I miss his unpredictability.

Also whos idea was it to have Quincey and Cola on the ice at the same time? and against Toews too. I can't count the number of times I have seen a goal go in with a Red wing dman laying on the ice in front of howard.

To be fair, they shortened their bench in the last 10 minutes, Toews line was out there every second shift.

At this point he can ask all he wants, but if Holland gives it to him then that's on him.

If Holland gives Filpulla 5 million I swear to God I will not ever watch a Red Wings game again.

1 point isn't good enough.

Yes 1 point is better than 0 points

Fact remains we aren't that good.

Offense is a factor for us like a lot of things....

We need to go on a run, like the Blues had before they lost tonight.

I know it's unlikely, but that's the only way to secure a playoff spot. We can't finish .500 and hope everyone else will too. At least one of the teams below us will go on a run.

I am obviously in the minority here but I thought they played very well tonight and good last night against San Jose. Am I pissed that we didn't walk out of Chicago with 2 points....of course, but it seems like we are playing with passion. Gus belongs in this line up and Miller and Abby have superceeded their potential. I think a lot of the guys have stepped it up, even though we apparently cant score more than two goals in one game ever. The Toews goal wasn't some lame five hole garbage from the point. Howie made the 1st save and NOBODY is going to make the second save on Toews. This is a team that will most likely win the Presidents Trophy, the best goalie tandem in the NHL and has offense out the wazoo.

To me, the last two games, playing very talented teams have been really good. I'm more concerned about playing teams that are clearly less talented than us. Nashville will show this teams true colours, much more than us losing in a SO to the leagues best.

Why dig on Flip? The whole team is struggling to score

because he is asking for big money and has like 14 points. Abby has 10 points and 1 more goal playing top 6 minutes just like Fil. No excuse. If a 4th liner is managing 10 a 5mill player should be doing far more than 4 points better.