• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/12 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Blackhawks 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

I hate to be pessimistic, but this team hasn't won a must win game all year. I think we can schedule losses against the teams we play who are on our heels, Dallas and Phoenix? Which means we will also lose our final game if a win then gets us in the playoffs. We need to win all the other games left, then, and hope nobody behind us gets hot.

If we won every game left we wouldn't have to worry about someone getting hot. Either way, we were playing better when we were worse, if that makes sense. When our defense couldn't clear pucks or anything, our offense KNEW we needed to keep scoring. Now that our D has vastly improved, our D has gotten lazy and comfortable just putting it in cruise control

Guest Crymson

He was severely hurt. How often has Franzen gone to the net since then?

"Severely" is an exaggeration.

Edited by Crymson

"Severely" is an exaggeration.

I generally think of severe injury as something that keeps a guy out of the lineup, so that probably is overstating it.

Still, the point still stands that Hossa had a rotator cuff injury that required surgery in the offseason. That's pretty clearly something that would affect his performance.

Problem is, everyone behind us is already hot. Edmonton and Nashville have been replaced by Dallas and Phoenix.

I Don't know if I would say Phoenix was on a roll. They looked pretty bad last night, not even making it to the shootout. Columbus, yeah.

Guest Crymson

what a laugh how these hawks players say it would be dangerous to play wings.. you kidding? they won like 9 in row at the Joe and we never win in their barn.. i think the last 15 games we won 1?

You're so laughably far off that I question why you even made that post. The Blackhawks have won four in a row at JLA. The Wings have won five of their last nine games at the United Center, and eight of their last 15.

Edited by Crymson

Told you guys Kane just waits for you to make the first move. See how confused he got when Jimmy just stood still in front of him.

Yes, he's confused on his nearly 50% shootout record. He can score fast, slow, skill, hands, ect. But Im sure you're right and he just gets confused.

Hawks win.. more like Hawks lucky...

Yup. It was luck. The 20 GREAT saves and chances Howard stopped were nothing. The game would have been 5-0 after 2 if it wasn't for Howard. The Red Wings were fortunate to get a point with the no call on the holding of Rozisval's stick and just being out played. Red Wings decent team? Yeah, so-so, but a playoff series vs Chicago's Skill and size you might win 1.

That hold on the stick was laughable Emmerton was gone passed that man and the hold was a brief second and was incidental did nothing to cause the goal... Blackhawks have used up all their luck against the wings this year should have won 3 of 4 games in regulation. Wings are in a slump they still have the personnel to score 4+ goals a game. Just have to put it all together in the playoffs

All these tough heartbreaking losses give this team good karma with the hockey gods the luck will turn to the wings benefit I can feel it