Photo
- - - - -

4/12 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Blackhawks 3 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

#501 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

Normally I try to stay positive about the Wings, but I have to say this:

It is an absolute joke that Filppula is asking for 5M+ per year.  Does anybody remember the last time that he looked dangerous?

Very frustrated to watch him right now..he skates backwards towards our own end more that he attacks the offensive zone..so passive. 

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#502 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

The 2013 Detroit Red WIngs: At Least We Got A Point.

Shameful

#503 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

Something Ya'll guys can look forward to on sunday against the preds,It will be last meeting  as Division and Conference rival.We Will Probaly  Ya'll Guys a Farewell Win

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState, 12 April 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#504 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

quincey has been single handedly responsible for the last few goals in the last few games.

press box time

we had our chances to win and blew it

looked real good i forget which period but controlled the play for a long time

hey holland

franzen > hossa?????

look at that shot vs franzen shot dumbass

if you want to look at the bright side we competed well lead at one point and kept up with them. could be an interesting 1st round. if helm came back it would change everything 

#505 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

thank you

-All of the ducks fans  :w00t:

Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#506 hardcoretom21

hardcoretom21

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

quincey has been single handedly responsible for the last few goals in the last few games.

press box time

we had our chances to win and blew it

looked real good i forget which period but controlled the play for a long time

hey holland

franzen > hossa?????

look at that shot vs franzen shot dumbass

if you want to look at the bright side we competed well lead at one point and kept up with them. could be an interesting 1st round. if helm came back it would change everything 

Franzen was given that contract after 2 SUBLIME post-seasons! I'm pretty sure a lot of people here would have chosen Franzen over Hossa, especially with Hossa only playing game 3's!

Only breathing is more important than winning

"For most of a decade, the Wings were the most popular team not just because they won, but also because they won with flair, with speedy Russians and legendary leaders and the occasional willing fighter"

#507 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

Regular season we gave the Hawks all they could handle.... Sure would make for an intriguing 1st round match up.... Im not overly impressed by Crawford or our offense so theres that.

#508 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

Stars are the team to worry about.

#509 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

Predictable.

Everyone here knew they needed insurance and when the late PP came up for the Hawks i had that gut feeling that the Wings would not be getting more than a point. How bad is it when your team is up by one but you know they are going to lose the game.

This team is a bunch of plebs with the exception of a few players.

Brunner is useless during regular play and he has choked in the SO back to back and that was the one thing he was suppose to be good at. He needs to go back to the pillow soft Swiss league.

Wings are not a playoff team it is now clear, Blue Jackets deserve that final spot. They have been rolling lately, playing with energy and heart.

Wings have two of the easiest opponents you could ask for coming up with Nashville and Calgary if they don't win both they do not belong in the playoffs.

#510 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

Get bigger, meaner and for Christs sake don't sign Filps to his ridiculous demands, I d rather get Clarkson who is an absolute beasty blue collar guy.

Sent from my BlackBerry

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#511 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

Based on previous outings, I don't have very high hopes.  I'll consider it a good night if we get one point.  

It was a good night.  

#512 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

Predictable.

Everyone here knew they needed insurance and when the late PP came up for the Hawks i had that gut feeling that the Wings would not be getting more than a point. How bad is it when your team is up by one but you know they are going to lose the game.

This team is a bunch of plebs with the exception of a few players.

Brunner is useless during regular play and he has choked in the SO back to back and that was the one thing he was suppose to be good at. He needs to go back to the pillow soft Swiss league.

Wings are not a playoff team it is now clear, Blue Jackets deserve that final spot. They have been rolling lately, playing with energy and heart.

Wings have two of the easiest opponents you could ask for coming up with Nashville and Calgary if they don't win both they do not belong in the playoffs.

I agree. I watched a bit of the game tonight against St. Louis, and they ripped them a new one. It hurts to admit that I agree with what you've said. These Wings just don't have the heart this year. 

#513 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

Franzen was given that contract after 2 SUBLIME post-seasons!

And that was not smart!

Given a choice between a Hossa (who's been a known value for a long time) and a Franzen (flashes of brilliance but essentially an unknown value at the time of his re-upping), you go with the former. (IMHO)

I assume it was pride more than anything else. As in, Look, everyone! Ken found a bona fide power-forward! And he did it all by himself! And that's how we do it in Detroit! (We drafted Shanahan, Maltby, Draper, Bertuzzi, Larionov, Hull, Vernon, Hasek, Chelios, Murphy, Stuart, Rafalski, Fetisov, et al.) Always have, always will!

mehhhh

Edited by Dabura, 13 April 2013 - 01:33 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#514 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

And that was not smart!

Given a choice between a Hossa (who's been a known value for a long time) and a Franzen (flashes of brilliance but essentially an unknown value at the time of his re-upping), you go with the former. (IMHO)

I assume it was pride more than anything else. As in, Look, everyone! Ken found a bona fide power-forward! And he did it all by himself! And that's how we do it in Detroit! (We drafted Shanahan, Maltby, Draper, Bertuzzi, Larionov, Hull, Vernon, Hasek, Chelios, Murphy, Stuart, Rafalski, Fetisov, et al.) Always have, always will!

mehhhh

I think you're a little too hard on Kenny here.  Franzen looked like a beast to everyone.  He'd been dominant pretty consistently for almost 2 years and you legitimately could have made an argument that at times he was a top 5 forward in the league (in the playoffs in particular).  He doubled Hossa's goals that year in the playoffs.  At the time, Franzen was also solid defensively (not that he's especially bad defensively now, but at the time he'd actually been used in a defensive role because of his reliability).  And yes, there is the factor that he'd been with the Wings for a long time/had been drafted by them.

The "known value" argument that you make, in my opinion, applies better to Franzen.  He'd been here for a long time and the management and coaching staff here felt that they knew him better.  I don't think that at the time anybody forsaw this.

Edit: As a pretty surprising side-note, projecting to an 82 game season, Franzen is actually on pace for 58 points...only one off his career high*.  I know projections like that don't necessarily mean too much, but it still seems odd because to me it's felt like he's played extremely poorly.

*Which, admittedly, was achieved in only 71 games.

Edited by Zetts, 13 April 2013 - 02:03 AM.

#515 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

Franzen is getting lazy. I feel like these super long term contracts ruins some players (see Bryzgalov, etc.). I mean, you have alread got your money. You have no financial motivation to play better or harder, Most guys are playing their best, hoping for a raise in a couple years if they play well. Not Franzen. He's become lazy. That's the best word to describe it. Mules should be insulted this lazy bum has their nickname.

#516 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

Franzen is getting lazy. I feel like these super long term contracts ruins some players (see Bryzgalov, etc.). I mean, you have alread got your money. You have no financial motivation to play better or harder, Most guys are playing their best, hoping for a raise in a couple years if they play well. Not Franzen. He's become lazy. That's the best word to describe it. Mules should be insulted this lazy bum has their nickname.

Agreed.  With the infuriating exception of Filppula.

Also, Nyquist has been one of our most dangerous forwards.  He needs more ice time.

Edited by Zetts, 13 April 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#517 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

Just watching the replay....Hawks 2-2 tying goal just happened. Jimmy blew that big time...was terribly out of position and just watched the play develop.

#518 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

And that was not smart!

mehhhh

After the way Hossa "played" in his playoff run in Detroit I had no interest in him coming back for another season. Afraid to go the net and score he was a non-factor for the most part.

#519 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

Getting?  He's been lazy for several years.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#520 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

After the way Hossa "played" in his playoff run in Detroit I had no interest in him coming back for another season. Afraid to go the net and score he was a non-factor for the most part.

He was severely hurt. How often has Franzen gone to the net since then?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."