Photo
- - - - -

4/12 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Blackhawks 3 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

#521 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

I hate to be pessimistic, but this team hasn't won a must win game all year. I think we can schedule losses against the teams we play who are on our heels, Dallas and Phoenix? Which means we will also lose our final game if a win then gets us in the playoffs. We need to win all the other games left, then, and hope nobody behind us gets hot.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#522 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

Arg, I was really hoping for this one!  I really hope Goose burries one in the shoot out or breakaway soon so he can get some finishing confidence, kids got some moves thats for sure.  I didn't get a chance to watch more then the condensed game but the goalies both looked great but our guys have got to find a way to score some damn goals.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#523 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

what a laugh how these hawks players say it would be dangerous to play wings.. you kidding? they won like 9 in row at the Joe and we never win in their barn.. i think the last 15 games we won 1? 

#524 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

I hate to be pessimistic, but this team hasn't won a must win game all year. I think we can schedule losses against the teams we play who are on our heels, Dallas and Phoenix? Which means we will also lose our final game if a win then gets us in the playoffs. We need to win all the other games left, then, and hope nobody behind us gets hot.

Problem is, everyone behind us is already hot. Edmonton and Nashville have been replaced by Dallas and Phoenix.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#525 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

If Holland gives Filpulla 5 million I swear to God I will not ever watch a Red Wings game again.

Agreed and I will do the same if they resign Cleary for anymore than league minimum. Actually I would prefer if Cleary never plays another game as a Wing.

#526 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

If we won every game left we wouldn't have to worry about someone getting hot. Either way, we were playing better when we were worse, if that makes sense. When our defense couldn't clear pucks or anything, our offense KNEW we needed to keep scoring. Now that our D has vastly improved, our D has gotten lazy and comfortable just putting it in cruise control

#527 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

He was severely hurt. How often has Franzen gone to the net since then?

"Severely" is an exaggeration.

Edited by Crymson, 13 April 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#528 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,247 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

I generally think of severe injury as something that keeps a guy out of the lineup, so that probably is overstating it.

Still, the point still stands that Hossa had a rotator cuff injury that required surgery in the offseason. That's pretty clearly something that would affect his performance.

#529 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Problem is, everyone behind us is already hot. Edmonton and Nashville have been replaced by Dallas and Phoenix.

I Don't know if I would say Phoenix was on a roll. They looked pretty bad last night, not even making it to the shootout. Columbus, yeah.

#530 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

what a laugh how these hawks players say it would be dangerous to play wings.. you kidding? they won like 9 in row at the Joe and we never win in their barn.. i think the last 15 games we won 1? 

You're so laughably far off that I question why you even made that post. The Blackhawks have won four in a row at JLA. The Wings have won five of their last nine games at the United Center, and eight of their last 15.

Edited by Crymson, 13 April 2013 - 01:47 PM.

#531 NHLFAN88

NHLFAN88

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

Told you guys Kane just waits for you to make the first move. See how confused he got when Jimmy just stood still in front of him.

Yes, he's confused on his nearly 50% shootout record.  He can score fast, slow, skill, hands, ect.   But Im sure you're right and he just gets confused.

Hawks win.. more like Hawks lucky...

Yup.  It was luck.  The 20 GREAT saves and chances Howard stopped were nothing.  The game would have been 5-0 after 2 if it wasn't for Howard.  The Red Wings were fortunate to get a point with the no call on the holding of Rozisval's stick and just being out played.   Red Wings decent team?  Yeah, so-so, but a playoff series vs Chicago's Skill and size you might win 1.

#532 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

That hold on the stick was laughable Emmerton was gone passed that man and the hold was a brief second and was incidental did nothing to cause the goal... Blackhawks have used up all their luck against the wings this year should have won 3 of 4 games in regulation. Wings are in a slump they still have the personnel to score 4+ goals a game. Just have to put it all together in the playoffs

All these tough heartbreaking losses give this team good karma with the hockey gods the luck will turn to the wings benefit I can feel it

#533 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

stars take 8th with win their next game time to buckle down

Edited by brett, 13 April 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#534 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

You're nitpicking, but it severely affected his performance and required off-season surgery.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."