• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

I live in Illinois and I think the Hawks/Wings rivalry is way more important to Hawks fans.  

That's definitely true.  Chicago has always been a regional rivalry; they beat us up, we beat them on the scoreboard and badly.  It's always been an important one, albeit lopsided.

I think fans of a lot of teams feel that way about the Wings.  My buddy lives down in Nashville and talks about how much of a huge rivalry the Wings have with the Preds, and that he thinks if is one of the biggest rivalries in the NHL.   He thinks I am lying or just trying to bust his balls when I tell him that people up here don't really think of the Preds as a big rival, let alone our main rival. 

Yeah, that rivalry ain't happenin'.  It could have developed into one, but that chance is missed with the Wings going East.  The Preds fans will just have to have fantasies about somebody else.

You know you're old when you still think of Toronto as an old rival and not new.

Amen.  Toronto will always be our biggest rival as far as I'm concerned.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#22 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

That's definitely true.  Chicago has always been a regional rivalry; they beat us up, we beat them on the scoreboard and badly.  It's always been an important one, albeit lopsided.

Yeah, that rivalry ain't happenin'.  It could have developed into one, but that chance is missed with the Wings going East.  The Preds fans will just have to have fantasies about somebody else.

Amen.  Toronto will always be our biggest rival as far as I'm concerned.

have some fun on youtube looking at the rivalry Wings vs leafs...some bloodbaths circa 70-80's

Edited by beachwing, 17 April 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#23 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

I live in the chi area so im ecstatic, it has been miserable having to deal with a fanbase that hates hockey but loves the hawks.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#24 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

Is this Mio flogging a Leaf? And the Probert Headbutt is priceless!

Edited by beachwing, 17 April 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#25 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Screw it, I'm just jacked for the leafs rivalry next year. The stage is set for it, we should probably add another fighter! One bigger than toots! (Still love u tootsy)