• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 grimace1970

grimace1970

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

Keep getting better Vladdy, we love you.

#22 Yeti

Yeti

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

Awesome!!  :w00t2:   How cool would it be to see him skate during the alumni game for the WC?!  Keep it Vladdy!

#23 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:01 AM

He is far from done here folks.  Vlads has the integrity and will power of three dozen men, one day he will skate around the ice of the Joe again!  

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#24 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

That is beyond awesome.  I'm so happy for him, I can't even tell you.  Don't stop believing, indeed!

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#25 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

You are going to make it Vladdy, you are a true warrior, awesome news I am loving it.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#26 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

The power of the mind is a wondrous thing...this is so heartening to see.  Here's to you, dear Vladdie.  Your courage is amazing, and the rest of you ain't too shabby either.  :)

Posted Image

#27 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

There should be 1000 pages of comments in this thread but LGW is too busy batteling out the why and how Holland lost Parise to Minny... still!!

This is a nice development and all, but there is so little of substance to add.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#28 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

This is a nice development and all, but there is so little of substance to add.

Maybe a page veiw clicker then ....just to see that all the so called fans that bleed Redwings actually came here and saw the 'developments' of an iconic Wing heroe.

#29 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

I am happy for vladdy, he was an awesome defensemen, and would have been a hofer. He was a warrior on the ice and is a warrior off the ice. It is such a shame that some people can be so irresponsible, and destroy someones career like that. Keep it up Vladdy, you get stronger every day!

#30 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

Amazing news.  Might just have to bust out my 97-98 playoffs "Believe" t-shirt for the game today.  If not for the accident, I think Nick would have had a couple less Norris Trophies to his name & the Wings might have had another Cup or two.  Still hope that all of the Russian Five will be on the ice in some way, shape, or form come the alumni games next season.

#31 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

He is far from done here folks.  Vlads has the integrity and will power of three dozen men, one day he will skate around the ice of the Joe again!  

Lets not get carried away here.  It's awesome that he is able to take some steps. He is not exactly "walking". It took him 16 years with the best physical therapy money can buy to get this far. 

#32 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

Lets not get carried away here.  It's awesome that he is able to take some steps. He is not exactly "walking". It took him 16 years with the best physical therapy money can buy to get this far. 

and the downer is here, to take any hope away... if vladdy had the same mentality as you he wouldn't even be taking those steps now...

#33 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

I haven't cried like that since Titanic.
But seriously. This is so awesome. Actually brings me to tears thinking about what a fighter he is.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#34 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

and the downer is here, to take any hope away... if vladdy had the same mentality as you he wouldn't even be taking those steps now...

Its not a downer to have realistic expectations and not put the cart before the horse.  I'm hoping that the average fan reading isn't expecting to see Vlad walking around normally.  It's incredible that he's able to take some independent steps.  Hard work and determination is only part of the equation.  It also takes a team of high quality medical professionals and an unlimited amount of funds to make it happen. 

#35 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Its not a downer to have realistic expectations and not put the cart before the horse.  I'm hoping that the average fan reading isn't expecting to see Vlad walking around normally.  It's incredible that he's able to take some independent steps.  Hard work and determination is only part of the equation.  It also takes a team of high quality medical professionals and an unlimited amount of funds to make it happen. 

I completely understand realistic expectations but this thread is just to celebrate his progress. I don't think anyone was arguing that it didn't take an incredible amount of hard work from a lot of people to get him t this point. Maybe this just isn't the place to shut down people's high hopes for Vladdy with opinions on how limited he will be.
Let's just admire how far he's come.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#36 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

I completely understand realistic expectations but this thread is just to celebrate his progress. I don't think anyone was arguing that it didn't take an incredible amount of hard work from a lot of people to get him t this point. Maybe this just isn't the place to shut down people's high hopes for Vladdy with opinions on how limited he will be.
Let's just admire how far he's come.

Agreed! My God!!!

I dont give a f*** if Vladdy was/is or ever played hockey. This is amazing and inpirational news in general to any fellow compassionate human being!!!

Some of the nonsense on here scares the s*** out of me. Honestly how can some find the miserable dismal negative in everything even if there is none.

What a wonderful gift to be able to downplay a parapalegicf****** standing up and walking!

#37 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

Biggest tragedy in the history of the NHL.  Vladdy would have won some Norris trophies and we would have won 3 more extra Stanley Cups or more with him on our roster for 10 or so more years.  Awesome video dude.  Had to quit watching before the end.  Seeing Yzerman tear up, the limo around the tree and Vladdy in a coma just hurts to watch.  Man could he hit and bury breakaways though.  

Edited to say extra cups...

Edited by Z Winged Dangler, 14 April 2013 - 05:20 PM.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#38 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

What an inspiration this man is. The human body is an amazing thing, especially the brain.

His appearance at Yzerman's jersey retirement is probably my favourite Red Wings moment of all time.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#39 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Awesome!!

ps. please change title to ВЕРИМ!!

#40 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Agreed! My God!!!

I dont give a f*** if Vladdy was/is or ever played hockey. This is amazing and inpirational news in general to any fellow compassionate human being!!!

Some of the nonsense on here scares the s*** out of me. Honestly how can some find the miserable dismal negative in everything even if there is none.

What a wonderful gift to be able to downplay a parapalegicf****** standing up and walking!

You're misinterpreting.  I'm not downplaying it, just the opposite. That he is able to take steps unassisted is incredible.   I think the talk of him skating at the Alumni game and what not does him and those with TBI a disservice.

Here's an excellent summary of articles from last year on the 15th annivesary of his accident. 

http://kuklaskorner....fenseman_and_th