• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Alan O'Bricke

Vladdy walks independently - Believe16Вери

Rate this topic

The power of the mind is a wondrous thing...this is so heartening to see. Here's to you, dear Vladdie. Your courage is amazing, and the rest of you ain't too shabby either. :)

There should be 1000 pages of comments in this thread but LGW is too busy batteling out the why and how Holland lost Parise to Minny... still!!

This is a nice development and all, but there is so little of substance to add.

This is a nice development and all, but there is so little of substance to add.

Maybe a page veiw clicker then ....just to see that all the so called fans that bleed Redwings actually came here and saw the 'developments' of an iconic Wing heroe.

I am happy for vladdy, he was an awesome defensemen, and would have been a hofer. He was a warrior on the ice and is a warrior off the ice. It is such a shame that some people can be so irresponsible, and destroy someones career like that. Keep it up Vladdy, you get stronger every day!

Amazing news. Might just have to bust out my 97-98 playoffs "Believe" t-shirt for the game today. If not for the accident, I think Nick would have had a couple less Norris Trophies to his name & the Wings might have had another Cup or two. Still hope that all of the Russian Five will be on the ice in some way, shape, or form come the alumni games next season.

Guest Playmaker

He is far from done here folks. Vlads has the integrity and will power of three dozen men, one day he will skate around the ice of the Joe again!

Lets not get carried away here. It's awesome that he is able to take some steps. He is not exactly "walking". It took him 16 years with the best physical therapy money can buy to get this far.

Lets not get carried away here. It's awesome that he is able to take some steps. He is not exactly "walking". It took him 16 years with the best physical therapy money can buy to get this far.

and the downer is here, to take any hope away... if vladdy had the same mentality as you he wouldn't even be taking those steps now...

Guest Playmaker

and the downer is here, to take any hope away... if vladdy had the same mentality as you he wouldn't even be taking those steps now...

Its not a downer to have realistic expectations and not put the cart before the horse. I'm hoping that the average fan reading isn't expecting to see Vlad walking around normally. It's incredible that he's able to take some independent steps. Hard work and determination is only part of the equation. It also takes a team of high quality medical professionals and an unlimited amount of funds to make it happen.

Its not a downer to have realistic expectations and not put the cart before the horse. I'm hoping that the average fan reading isn't expecting to see Vlad walking around normally. It's incredible that he's able to take some independent steps. Hard work and determination is only part of the equation. It also takes a team of high quality medical professionals and an unlimited amount of funds to make it happen.

I completely understand realistic expectations but this thread is just to celebrate his progress. I don't think anyone was arguing that it didn't take an incredible amount of hard work from a lot of people to get him t this point. Maybe this just isn't the place to shut down people's high hopes for Vladdy with opinions on how limited he will be.

Let's just admire how far he's come.

I completely understand realistic expectations but this thread is just to celebrate his progress. I don't think anyone was arguing that it didn't take an incredible amount of hard work from a lot of people to get him t this point. Maybe this just isn't the place to shut down people's high hopes for Vladdy with opinions on how limited he will be.

Let's just admire how far he's come.

Agreed! My God!!!

I dont give a f*** if Vladdy was/is or ever played hockey. This is amazing and inpirational news in general to any fellow compassionate human being!!!

Some of the nonsense on here scares the s*** out of me. Honestly how can some find the miserable dismal negative in everything even if there is none.

What a wonderful gift to be able to downplay a parapalegic ******* standing up and walking!

Biggest tragedy in the history of the NHL. Vladdy would have won some Norris trophies and we would have won 3 more extra Stanley Cups or more with him on our roster for 10 or so more years. Awesome video dude. Had to quit watching before the end. Seeing Yzerman tear up, the limo around the tree and Vladdy in a coma just hurts to watch. Man could he hit and bury breakaways though.

Edited to say extra cups...

Edited by Z Winged Dangler

Guest Playmaker

Agreed! My God!!!

I dont give a f*** if Vladdy was/is or ever played hockey. This is amazing and inpirational news in general to any fellow compassionate human being!!!

Some of the nonsense on here scares the s*** out of me. Honestly how can some find the miserable dismal negative in everything even if there is none.

What a wonderful gift to be able to downplay a parapalegicf****** standing up and walking!

You're misinterpreting. I'm not downplaying it, just the opposite. That he is able to take steps unassisted is incredible. I think the talk of him skating at the Alumni game and what not does him and those with TBI a disservice.

Here's an excellent summary of articles from last year on the 15th annivesary of his accident.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/irina_konstantinov_talks_about_her_husband_as_a_red_wings_defenseman_and_th

You're misinterpreting. I'm not downplaying it, just the opposite. That he is able to take steps unassisted is incredible. I think the talk of him skating at the Alumni game and what not does him and those with TBI a disservice.

Here's an excellent summary of articles from last year on the 15th annivesary of his accident.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/irina_konstantinov_talks_about_her_husband_as_a_red_wings_defenseman_and_th

I wasnt trying to single anyone out....I was blanketing the area with grenades to cover everyone BUT my apologies for misunderstanding your post AND more importantly, thank you for the link to that article I had not seen that before,

Just as emotional as the video.

Keep thinking how that just was the wort summer ever as most of my days were spent trying to get updates from Fl on Slava, Vlad and Sergi.

Thanks again for the link

This is just awesome news!!!!

Not much chance of getting thru that video without tears.

I will never forget That feeling when news broke of their limo wreck.

I thought I'd forgotten how to sob, but everything's still working. Darkmanx - THANK YOU, and you too, Haroldsnepsts, for whatever you did. That video has got to be one of the top sports stories ever. Could any of us Vladdy fans wish for anything better for this warrior than to walk on.his.own again?

124686641v7_480x480_Front.jpg

This is one of my very favorite Wings' images ever. Thanks, Xitium.