Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Detroit loves you Vladdy.

#42 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

You're misinterpreting.  I'm not downplaying it, just the opposite. That he is able to take steps unassisted is incredible.   I think the talk of him skating at the Alumni game and what not does him and those with TBI a disservice.

Here's an excellent summary of articles from last year on the 15th annivesary of his accident. 

http://kuklaskorner....fenseman_and_th

I wasnt trying to single anyone out....I was blanketing the area with grenades to cover everyone BUT my apologies for misunderstanding your post AND more importantly, thank you for the link to that article I had not seen that before,
Just as emotional as the video.

Keep thinking how that just was the wort summer ever as most of my days were spent trying to get updates from Fl on Slava, Vlad and Sergi.

Thanks again for the link

#43 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

Thanks for the you tube video darkmanx brings back some great times and some very sad times
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#44 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

This is some really great news. Brings tears to the eyes. Thanks for posting this

IPB Image

#45 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

This is just awesome news!!!!
Not much chance of getting thru that video without tears.
I will never forget That feeling when news broke of their limo wreck.

I thought I'd forgotten how to sob, but everything's still working. Darkmanx - THANK YOU, and you too, Haroldsnepsts, for whatever you did. That video has got to be one of the top sports stories ever. Could any of us Vladdy fans wish for anything better for this warrior than to walk on.his.own again?

124686641v7_480x480_Front.jpg

This is one of my very favorite Wings' images ever. Thanks, Xitium.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.