Pittsburgh vs. Florida, 7:30 EST

Games to Watch

Canucks vs. Avalanche, 3:00 EST

Columbus vs. Minnesota, 8:00 EST

Sharks vs. Stars, 8:00 EST

Flames vs. Oilers, 10:00 EST

Ducks vs. Kings, 11:00 EST

Guest Playmaker

The Wings have win their games, period. Someone has to step it up and take control and show some leadership. They can't keep giving points away and hoping other teams are going to bail them out.

Could the Sharks make it any more obvious that they are trying to screw over the Wings

play like garbage against Columbus and Dallas and try their little hearts out against the Wings like it was playoff hockey

classy stuff but i guess it is all that jealousy when the Wings have all this success and the Sharks have nothing... i mean not a damn thing

Edited by Yak19

Could the Sharks make it any more obvious that they are trying to screw over the Wings

play like garbage against Columbus and Dallas and try their little hearts out against the Wings like it was playoff hockey

classy stuff but i guess it is all that jealousy when the Wings have all this success and the Sharks have nothing... i mean not a damn thing

I think this might be taking the conspiracy theories a bit too far...

I think this might be taking the conspiracy theories a bit too far...

seriously they drop duds against those two teams which happen to be right behind us and play their best hockey against the Wings

you think guys in the locker room don't talk about it?

seriously they drop duds against those two teams which happen to be right behind us and play their best hockey against the Wings

you think guys in the locker room don't talk about it?

They probably talk about the standings, but there's not even the slightest chance they'd intentionally drop points give that they still need points too. You *might* have a slight argument if we were talking about a team like Chicago that's extremely entrenched in their current place. Even then it would be unlikely. Players have pride.

Further, the Wings/Sharks have 0 chance of being a first round matchup, so there's even less incentive for them to screw the Wings at the expense of points. So no, I don't believe your theory.

$%&@, Minnesota is now up 1-0.

Edited by Zetts

Delightful game in Minni right now. Two fights and the Wild are ahead.

Go Wild! Keep those Jackets down where they belong!

If Minnesota wins though, our chances of catching them goes down dramatically. Then it's truly just us against the 3 teams right behind us.

I'm not sure if either outcome is really good. At least one of them has to lose. Please just let it end in regulation.

If Minnesota wins though, our chances of catching them goes down dramatically. Then it's truly just us against the 3 teams right behind us.

I'm not sure if either outcome is really good. At least one of them has to lose. Please just let it end in regulation.

Absolutely agree with that last sentence. I'd rather the Wild stayed in rather than the Jackets earn the points and replace us.

If the Wild fall out on their own, so be it, but I don't want it to be because another replaces them, especially not Columbus, who are looking a little too good for comfort.

Too bad both can't lose and get 0 points. :P

There are no good outcomes unless the Wings keep winning.

All these teams are playing against each other and getting points against one another. Hard to root for anybody, really.

And it's funny that a team like Dallas is winning games, despite selling players at the deadline and playing in a city where no one knows they have a team.

Dallas, post-firesale, are just over a period away from cashing in on their game in hand, winning their 5th straight, and knocking the Wings into 9th place, potentially for good. Looking pretty bleak...

I hate having to root for other teams to win or lose to change my teams fortunes. All I know is I hope the Sharks come back to win and Minnesota-Columbus game ends in regulation.