• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

Blues vs Hawks

Rate this topic

Yeah, it's a good, physical game. THIS is hockey! Not the candy-ass tiptoe through the tulips game The Red Wings play on most nights. Rivalries are what make hockey; unfortunately, The Red Wings have no rivalries anymore, mostly because they do not engage in physical play due to the Charmin soft teams Ken Holland has assembled since Bowman's retirement.

Edited by Hairy Lime

Yeah, it's a good, physical game. THIS is hockey! Not the candy-ass tiptoe through the tulips game The Red Wings play on most nights. Rivalries are what make hockey; unfortunately, The Red Wings have no rivalries anymore, mostly because they do not engage in physical play due to the Charmin soft teams Ken Holland has assembled since Bowman's retirement.

Right, cause we've never had a physical team since 2002

Whaddaya know, Eddie O calling the Hawks game AGAIN!

esteef

On the other hand, does this not mean that he CAN'T do the Wings/Preds game on NBC sports? Doesn't he usually do those? OH, how I hope I'm right.

Right, cause we've never had a physical team since 2002

Yeah, one, and we won the Cup that season. Coincidence? But seriously, name one team that Detroit has had a heated rivalry with since Bowman's departure. Most physical games have been one-sided. I think there was even a players poll a few years back that voted Detroit as the "least hated" team. That's not surprising. Since year 2 of the Babcock/Holland regime, Detroit has routinely had the least physical crop of forwards in the NHL. Outside of Helm (injured), Drake (retired) and Tootoo (inexplicable a healthy scratch against some of the more physical teams?), Detroit has not had many consistently physical forwards. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

But I'm not going to argue about it. It will get us nowhere. Right now, I'm just hoping Detroit will make the playoffs...
Edited by Hairy Lime

Yeah, one, and we won the Cup that season. Coincidence? But seriously, name one team that Detroit has had a heated rivalry with since Bowman's departure. Most physical games have been one-sided. I think there was even a players poll a few years back that voted Detroit as the "least hated" team. That's not surprising. Since year 2 of the Babcock/Holland regime, Detroit has routinely had the least physical crop of forwards in the NHL. Outside of Helm (injured), Drake (retired) and Tootoo (inexplicable a healthy scratch against some of the more physical teams?), Detroit has not had many consistently physical forwards. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

But I'm not going to argue about it. It will get us nowhere. Right now, I'm just hoping Detroit will make the playoffs...

mccarty, draper, maltby...