• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Yeah, one, and we won the Cup that season. Coincidence? But seriously, name one team that Detroit has had a heated rivalry with since Bowman's departure. Most physical games have been one-sided. I think there was even a players poll a few years back that voted Detroit as the "least hated" team. That's not surprising. Since year 2 of the Babcock/Holland regime, Detroit has routinely had the least physical crop of forwards in the NHL. Outside of Helm (injured), Drake (retired) and Tootoo (inexplicable a healthy scratch against some of the more physical teams?), Detroit has not had many consistently physical forwards. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. 

But I'm not going to argue about it. It will get us nowhere. Right now, I'm just hoping Detroit will make the playoffs...

mccarty, draper, maltby...

#22 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

It's painful to watch how good Hossa is playing today.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#23 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

He's flying... but we have our MIG 29 (for parts/pieces only) in Francine...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#24 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

Hawks win so that's a good thing I guess.

#25 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

On the other hand, does this not mean that he CAN'T do the Wings/Preds game on NBC sports?   Doesn't he usually do those?  OH, how I hope I'm right.  

Sunday night game is usually strader/engblom

#26 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

mccarty, draper, maltby...

Like I said, after Babs' 1st year. McCarty was gone, but did return for a short time and in a limited role late in the Cup-winning season, and Draper was never a very physical player. He hit occasionally, but I would hesitate call him physical. Maltby became a fairly soft player in the waning years of his career, and VERY rarely fought throughout his career. 

But it is was it is. At least Chicago helped us out a little today.  

#27 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

They didn't really help us out.  We're not competing with St. Louis.  We're competing with Dallas and Columbus. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#28 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

They didn't really help us out.  We're not competing with St. Louis.  We're competing with Dallas and Columbus. 

We're close enough in the standings that when it's all said and done, this St. Louis loss may help us.  But for right now, yeah, our only concern is staying ahead of Columbus and Dallas. 

#29 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Sunday night game is usually strader/engblom

So glad I can watch/listen to Mickey and Ken!

#30 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

So glad I can watch/listen to Mickey and Ken!

You're very fortunate!  (...it's even hard to write that through gnashed teeth...)

I'm recording the late version on Fox D and THAT'S the one I'll have the sound turned up on!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#31 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

If Dallas and Columbus keep winning, we need St. Louis and anyone else with numbers close to us to be losing.  The sooner they start doing that, the better.  If they drop the rest of their games, or at least most of them, Detroit moves up, which, if Dallas and Columbus keep winning, keep us in the playoffs.

In the grand scheme of things, it can't hurt.

#32 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

Was at this game today and it was a bit boring for the most part outside of a few of the scrums early. Blues had some chances, but could not score and then in turn the shorthanded goal to make it 2-0 kinda deflated them it seemed.

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#33 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,568 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

We are one point behind St. Louis I think. I'd say this definitely helps us. It potentially opens up an additional spot.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#34 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Backes continuing to show what a classy guy he is with a couple of hits to Toews legs, followed up by a crosscheck to his back as they skate up ice.