• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

GDT 4/15: Red Wings 3 @ Predators 0

Rate this topic

Why is he still on the team this year?

Meanwhile, Tatar is playing in the minors, despite outplaying most of our forwards this season.

Yet Babcock is ranked as the best coach in the league by various websites. Go figure.

It's probably because the Cleary bashing here is greatly disproportionate to his actual play.

Guest DeGraa55

It's probably because the Cleary bashing here is greatly disproportionate to his actual play.

I agree he is actually one of the hardest working guys. He just doesn't have the skill top be a top line guy. He belongs on 3rd or fourth.

I agree he is actually one of the hardest working guys. He just doesn't have the skill top be a top line guy. He belongs on 3rd or fourth.

Most likely third. I agree. Unfortunately though this team doesn't have enough talent to fill those top lines.

The rookies could potentially but right now they're often too big of a defensively liability. So it's become a catch 22. The wings can't afford to give up goals because they can't score, but that also keeps the more offensive skilled guys off the top lines, so then the Wings don't score.

Most likely third. I agree. Unfortunately though this team doesn't have enough talent to fill those top lines.

The rookies could potentially but right now they're often too big of a defensively liability. So it's become a catch 22. The wings can't afford to give up goals because they can't score, but that also keeps the more offensive skilled guys off the top lines, so then the Wings don't score.

Why can't Tatar play on that 2nd line, next to Franzen and Filppula? He's more able to do it than Cleary.

You say we don't have enough talent, and yet we send down someone who showed he can score goals. Not saying Tatar is a great NHL scorer, but he's better than what we currently have in his place.

Is he that big a defensive liability? I don't think so.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Thats the type of game I like to watch us play...don't turn it over in our own end, get the puck in..use the points and get some shots.

I am getting the feeling that Gus-Andersson-Brunner are on the verge of scoring some goals.

Mule's offensive skill set is horrible this year.

One thing that's hurt him is he plays against other team's top d-pairs now, or at least top 4, while during his heyday he didn't have to face that problem as much since Dats, Z, and Homer dealt with it(and Hossa in '09)

maybe he'd be more productive if he went back to where he was originally projected to play, as a 3rd line center(at least til Helmer gets back)

Why can't Tatar play on that 2nd line, next to Franzen and Filppula? He's more able to do it than Cleary.

You say we don't have enough talent, and yet we send down someone who showed he can score goals. Not saying Tatar is a great NHL scorer, but he's better than what we currently have in his place.

Is he that big a defensive liability? I don't think so.

Anytime Cleary creeps onto the 2nd line he is being misused..he is a 3rd/4th line player..end of story.

You say we don't have enough talent, and yet we send down someone who showed he can score goals.

Not saying Tatar is a great NHL scorer, but he's better than what we currently have in his place. Is he that big a defensive liability? I don't think so.

I honestly don't know from the handful of times I've seen him play. But based on the minutes and circumstances he seems to get icetime, Babcock apparently thinks he is.

One thing that's hurt him is he plays against other team's top d-pairs now, or at least top 4, while during his heyday he didn't have to face that problem as much since Dats, Z, and Homer dealt with it(and Hossa in '09)

maybe he'd be more productive if he went back to where he was originally projected to play, as a 3rd line center(at least til Helmer gets back)

Franzen just needs to watch the tapes of games that people praised him for and try to do that. He spends too much time floating around the outside. It doesn't matter if he plays against the other teams top D pair or their 3rd pair, he needs to go to the slot for the pass. That's where he scores from, but he's not going there consistently, hence his streakiness.

Great first period by Jimmy, that's about it.

It feels like one of those games where Howard is going to have to stick up for himself when he gets crashed because no one else does.

I'd be fine with a Wings D-man taking a penalty for crosschecking the crap out of someone after they ran into Howard.

Put Nyquist on the Dats-Z line. At least he hustles and does creative things with the puck.

Who's going to tie up guys in the corners, go to the front of the net, etc on that line? The Wings need to get tougher in front of the net and in the corners. Making pretty plays on the perimeter doesn't do much to score on a goalie like Rinne.