• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

GDT 4/15: Red Wings 3 @ Predators 0

Rate this topic

Good game but nights like this make the last two games so frustrating. Now they need to get another two points from a bad Calgary team come Wednesday.

ANd at least we didn't have to listen to Pierre McGuire and Eddie Olcyk tonight.

Preds Suck Really Bad This Season,This Season Just Sucks,Cannot Wait for it to End.

Is Trotz's job secure, through all this? Whats the talk on the southern streets, y'all lol

Carey Price is going to the playoffs. I'm sure he's doing just fine.

I'm sure he is, but there are those who seem to think he is infinitely superior to Howard. IMHO they are both very good goalies who may very well be proven great by the end of their careers.

I don't have time to dig back for the posts. I was also using hyperbole for effect. There have been those trumpeting Price as being much better than Howard or Howard as just average. Statistically over their careers their numbers are very similar. On many nights this season Howard has been one of, if not the best players for the Wings. The guy deserves some credit is all I'm saying. I'm not trying to throw Price under the bus either. Some nights it just doesn't work for the guy between the pipes.

Guest Crymson

Carey Price is going to the playoffs. I'm sure he's doing just fine.

What's your point?

What's your point?

I forgot.

Can you just go back through the thread and see where it started?

If any of you were curious how I feel about this.....Im ok with winning 16 playoff games 1-0 for the cup.

Glad to know. I'm sure no one here would agree with you. :notify:

A much needed 2 points tonight. Keeping in mind, that as of today Dallas has the tie breaker with us. We have to have a 3 point lead going into the last game of the year.

Damn, Dekeyser is looking awesome. Always plays his man and stays with him in the defensive zone. Looking very good on the rush, and making smart plays. Glad we have him, and if this level of play (or better) continues for the next 12 years or so, we all will be very very happy!

Lots of positives tonight:

Cola, Dekeyser and Kindl were fantastic. Nyquist and Brunner worked great together even if they didn't score, they got the puck near the net often.

But biggest takeaway: the team hustled.

They have to keep playing like that from here on out. Haven't had a winning streak yet this season, it's about time to start one.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching this game, they had control the entire 2nd and 3rd periods. Everybody was contributing and making good decisions. I was hoping Toots would get another goal against his former team but oh well, Dekeyser getting his first NHL point is just as cool. Jimmy played lights out as well, all around good game. The games I actually get to watch on TV never end up this well. It's a miracle

Lots of positives tonight:

Cola, Dekeyser and Kindl were fantastic. Nyquist and Brunner worked great together even if they didn't score, they got the puck near the net often.

But biggest takeaway: the team hustled.

They have to keep playing like that from here on out. Haven't had a winning streak yet this season, it's about time to start one.

Kindl played well but he also made some bone head defensive plays, including the play that resulted in a penalty shot. I wouldn't call his game fantastic last night.

Defenseman Danny DeKeyser, in his fifth NHL game, recorded his first point by assisting on Zetterberg's goal.

“Kindl came across and make a good play to keep the puck in,'' DeKeyser said. “He came onto my half of the ice, so I switched with him and then the puck kicked out to Pav (Datsyuk), and of course he made a good play to me and I just fired. There were some bodies in front. It happened to go wide, and Z being in the right spot had an open net to tap it in.

“It's nice when you get your first NHL point, something you kind of dream of as a kid.''

He didn't get the puck, saying “I'm saving that for the first goal.''

What a beauty. Each game I fall more in love with this kid, just absolutely love him. You can call me Don Cherry and he's my Kadri. Good stuff kid, good stuff.

On a real note. Brunner and Goose have some chemistry together and need to stay together. They were moving the puck good, and easily could've potted one of them. I like the hustle from the team, good to see that we actually want to play come April 30th. Jimmy played out of this world the whole game, really keeping us in there during the first period. Good to see once we had our legs under us, we were full speed ahead. Cola and DeKeyser are shining stars for me right now on defense. Smith is frustrating me simply because he is trying too hard. He wants to do things that aren't available to him, in a forced style. If the shooting lane doesn't exist, don't become Sammy and throw it in the non-existent lane, go wide or distribute it. He was looking real good up until his injury, and he just hasn't caught his footing again it has seemed like.

Kindl played well but he also made some bone head defensive plays, including the play that resulted in a penalty shot. I wouldn't call his game fantastic last night.

I can't even make sense why the hell he thought it was a smart idea to cut to the outside man, giving his man the inside. That whole play just made me cringe on the inside, hard. Although, the actual call on the penalty shot was weak for me. His stick barely made any contact and he went down like he got tripped. It just didn't make sense to me, if anything they should've called a slash on Kindl and embellishment on the shooter (I can't remember for the life of me.. butler was it?).

Guest Johnz96

It was basically a 1-0 game which means: a) we suck at scoring, and b) team needs a shutout to win

Franzen's was a phantom goal???