#321 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

He will get two years and a ntc.

Howard sucks BTW. Worth .5m a year.

All game long I was trying to figure out if you were serious about Howard, or sarcastic with that hyperbole. 

#322 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Great game, and most importantly getting the 2 points!

IPB Image

#323 gurnsy200

gurnsy200

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Lots of positives tonight:

Cola, Dekeyser and Kindl were fantastic. Nyquist and Brunner worked great together even if they didn't score, they got the puck near the net often.

But biggest takeaway: the team hustled.

They have to keep playing like that from here on out. Haven't had a winning streak yet this season, it's about time to start one.

Kindl played well but he also made some bone head defensive plays, including the play that resulted in a penalty shot.  I wouldn't call his game fantastic last night.

#324 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:45 AM

Defenseman Danny DeKeyser, in his fifth NHL game, recorded his first point by assisting on Zetterberg's goal.

“Kindl came across and make a good play to keep the puck in,'' DeKeyser said. “He came onto my half of the ice, so I switched with him and then the puck kicked out to Pav (Datsyuk), and of course he made a good play to me and I just fired. There were some bodies in front. It happened to go wide, and Z being in the right spot had an open net to tap it in.

“It's nice when you get your first NHL point, something you kind of dream of as a kid.''

He didn't get the puck, saying “I'm saving that for the first goal.''

What a beauty. Each game I fall more in love with this kid, just absolutely love him. You can call me Don Cherry and he's my Kadri. Good stuff kid, good stuff. 

On a real note. Brunner and Goose have some chemistry together and need to stay together. They were moving the puck good, and easily could've potted one of them. I like the hustle from the team, good to see that we actually want to play come April 30th. Jimmy played out of this world the whole game, really keeping us in there during the first period. Good to see once we had our legs under us, we were full speed ahead. Cola and DeKeyser are shining stars for me right now on defense. Smith is frustrating me simply because he is trying too hard. He wants to do things that aren't available to him, in a forced style. If the shooting lane doesn't exist, don't become Sammy and throw it in the non-existent lane, go wide or distribute it. He was looking real good up until his injury, and he just hasn't caught his footing again it has seemed like. 

Kindl played well but he also made some bone head defensive plays, including the play that resulted in a penalty shot.  I wouldn't call his game fantastic last night.

I can't even make sense why the hell he thought it was a smart idea to cut to the outside man, giving his man the inside. That whole play just made me cringe on the inside, hard. Although, the actual call on the penalty shot was weak for me. His stick barely made any contact and he went down like he got tripped. It just didn't make sense to me, if anything they should've called a slash on Kindl and embellishment on the shooter (I can't remember for the life of me.. butler was it?).

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#325 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

It was basically a 1-0 game which means: a) we suck at scoring, and b) team needs a shutout to win

Franzen's was a phantom goal???

#326 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Happy Birthday^

Wings 3-0.  Hank with the hattie for his good deed this morning.

Kristi and Linda are at the game.  They went to the morning skate.  As they were going, Kristi dropped her phone and didn't realize it.  Hank picked it up for her and gave it back to her.  They had a nice chat in the elevator on the way down.  He said they need these two points.

:w00t:   Good work!!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#327 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

No one goes after Clune?

This is about the time I wanted Tootoo on the ice.  That was an absolutely s***ty non-call.  

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#328 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

Thank you Franzen. That looked like it wasn't pleasant for Fil. 

Probably could have been a boarding call.

#329 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

It was basically a 1-0 game which means: a) we suck at scoring, and b) team needs a shutout to win

.I was happy for them and the way they played (mostly).  Stronger more consistent and aggressive forechecking and a lot of great hustle and traffic around the net.   I am thrilled for Zetts.   Abby played a great game especially around the net.  In fact all the young'ns looked great.  And passing was more crisp. Other than that, yeah.  I agree with you.