• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MidMichSteve

Bert thinks he'll be back this season

Rate this topic

I just saw Bert in Nashville, with the team (so was Helm). They looked great... both skated the morning skate with the team. I won't be surprised to see Bert back next week. Helm, probably not. But I doubt either of them would risk permanent injury or risk being a liability for the team by coming back too soon.

I agree with you, was just responding to the other poster's comment that insinuated that his life is hockey and he should pay no mind to life after his career.

I just think given his age and history it's not wise to push it this late in the season when he can just call this season a wash and have a 5 month rest.

why so serious? especially when its hard to take your original post seriously at all.... You said "We're not going anywhere this post season" etc. when it's your job (accounting all players) that you PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. Calling it quits is tomfoolery and i took your post light hearted, I'm surprised though you are actually defending it.

I welcome Bert back, we definitely need him... if only for getting our ping-pong table taken away from opposing teams in the play-offs:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/todd-bertuzzi-plays-ping-pong-cop-vs-predators-131500201.html

_

You da man Bert!

Tuzzi should have folded Weber up in the ping pong table after his turnbuckle smash on Z. Kind of a funny story. Puck Daddy is humourous.

This is essentially playoff time. With Bert getting on in years (38), back a constant problem even when he isn't missing games, and having missed all but 7 this year, I'm actually surprised so many people think him getting/forcing himself back in the last 4 games or so is a great idea. With the ramped up level of intensity, unless he is 100%, and I mean tip-top shape, I think he'll be more of a drain than a huge gain.

Its bad enough if he is healthy having to shake off the rust at this time of year, but with the Wings in the precarious position they are in now, do we really want someone who has been playing great like Andersson, Gus, or even Brunner (who has shown more jump lately, despite lack of scoring) riding pine with the playoffs on the line to just test Bert's back and legs?

Guest The Axe

I have always been a Bert fan and loved him with Pav. If we get anything from him being out for so long, I hope it's that more people will see what he brings to the team because a lot of people on here were bashing him hard last season.

What he brings to the team is slowing the development of Nyquist. Can't have that anymore.

Having him back doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be playing every game. Give him a game or two to make sure that he's ready, then see how he does. If he's better than the other options, play him. If not, sit him.

There's nothing bad about having more depth and more options this time of year. We missed November, so there was no chorus of "at least this didn't happen in April" with each injury.

At the very least, knowing that there's someone who could take their place is an added incentive for the ones playing.

I want to see him out there and showing what a real man can do, but even if he isn't up to that, it's always good to have someone back in playing shape.

What he brings to the team is slowing the development of Nyquist. Can't have that anymore.

You still need big bodies like Tuzzi that are vets who can produce. What is slowing the development of the Nyquist's and Tatar's and Smith's is Cleary, Sammy (although he's kinda been the reason we've seen the kids this year), White, Coliacovo, Quincey, and even Miller. We have those guys signed for multi year deals which keeps pushing back the start date of the young guys NHL careers. Tuzzi is better than all those players mentioned, plays great with Pav and Mule and adds size that unfortunately the only prospects we have that do at forward are Andersson and Sheahan. And Nyquist has done a nice job playing his way into the top 6 at times and is looking really nice on a line with Brunner and Andersson, so no change needed there. If we get Tuzzin and Helm back, we have Tuzzi up with Dats, and Abdelkader on the 4th line with Helm and Tootoo. I'm not seeing a downside to that.

This thread is not and will not be about the Bertuzzi Moore incident. It is about Bert coming back to the lineup here in 2013.

Stay on topic.

Thank you.

I respectfully disagree.

Bert is effective with Pav and more importantly Pav likes playing with him.

He's helpful in the shootout and with us fighting for every point we can get, a shootout point can make or break the end of this season for us.

Last, we only have one player that anybody is even remotely intimidated by (Tootoo) and with Bert we'd have another. I like having a big, tough, guy on a line with Dats.

Bert brings a lot to this team. If you don't see that we're lacking in his absence, then we haven't been watching the same top 6 this season.

Few things are as bad as "power forward", who insists on being an "enforcer", with back problems.

I don't think Bert insists on being an enforcer. I'd bet because of his age and back problems he'd be happy to let someone else drop the gloves.

But when Weber smashed Z's face into the glass, who on the Wings could even hold their own with Weber in some sort of retribution fight?

More then Bert insisting on being the enforcer, it's sad the old guy had to be the one to step up.

Few things are as bad as "power forward", who insists on being an "enforcer", with back problems.

An enforcer doesn't play 71 games in 2011-2012 and only have two regular season fights.

I don't think Bert insists on being an enforcer. I'd bet because of his age and back problems he'd be happy to let someone else drop the gloves.

But when Weber smashed Z's face into the glass, who on the Wings could even hold their own with Weber in some sort of retribution fight?

More then Bert insisting on being the enforcer, it's sad the old guy had to be the one to step up.

Most of Bert's fights the past few seasons have been him standing up for himself- IMO something more players should do. With Weber, E was the only other player who was physically large enough to fight Weber, and Bert isn't the type of player to ask (or expect) someone else to step up for the team.

An enforcer doesn't play 71 games in 2011-2012 and only have two regular season fights.

Most of Bert's fights the past few seasons have been him standing up for himself- IMO something more players should do. With Weber, E was the only other player who was physically large enough to fight Weber, and Bert isn't the type of player to ask (or expect) someone else to step up for the team.

I agree. I was just saying I don't think it's that he insists on being an enforcer. It's just that no one else on the team really stands up for themselves or their teammates. As much as I'm not a fan, now at least there's Tootoo.