• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

What he brings to the team is slowing the development of Nyquist. Can't have that anymore.

I respectfully disagree.
Bert is effective with Pav and more importantly Pav likes playing with him.
He's helpful in the shootout and with us fighting for every point we can get, a shootout point can make or break the end of this season for us.
Last, we only have one player that anybody is even remotely intimidated by (Tootoo) and with Bert we'd have another. I like having a big, tough, guy on a line with Dats.
Bert brings a lot to this team. If you don't see that we're lacking in his absence, then we haven't been watching the same top 6 this season.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#42 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

Few things are as bad  as "power forward", who insists on being an "enforcer", with back problems.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#43 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,299 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

Few things are as bad  as "power forward", who insists on being an "enforcer", with back problems.

I don't think Bert insists on being an enforcer.  I'd bet because of his age and back problems he'd be happy to let someone else drop the gloves.  

But when Weber smashed Z's face into the glass, who on the Wings could even hold their own with Weber in some sort of retribution fight? 

More then Bert insisting on being the enforcer, it's sad the old guy had to be the one to step up. 

#44 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,513 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

An enforcer doesn't play 71 games in 2011-2012 and only have two regular season fights.

I don't think Bert insists on being an enforcer.  I'd bet because of his age and back problems he'd be happy to let someone else drop the gloves.  

But when Weber smashed Z's face into the glass, who on the Wings could even hold their own with Weber in some sort of retribution fight? 

More then Bert insisting on being the enforcer, it's sad the old guy had to be the one to step up. 

Most of Bert's fights the past few seasons have been him standing up for himself- IMO something more players should do. With Weber, E was the only other player who was physically large enough to fight Weber, and Bert isn't the type of player to ask (or expect) someone else to step up for the team.

#45 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,299 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

An enforcer doesn't play 71 games in 2011-2012 and only have two regular season fights.

Most of Bert's fights the past few seasons have been him standing up for himself- IMO something more players should do. With Weber, E was the only other player who was physically large enough to fight Weber, and Bert isn't the type of player to ask (or expect) someone else to step up for the team.

I agree.  I was just saying I don't think it's that he insists on being an enforcer.  It's just that no one else on the team really stands up for themselves or their teammates.  As much as I'm not a fan, now at least there's Tootoo.