• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

4/15 Ottawa/Boston game postponed

Rate this topic

Due to the bombing in Boston, tonight's game between the Ottawa Senators and Boston Bruins has been postponed...

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=665914

The game between the Ottawa Senators and Boston Bruins scheduled for tonight at TD Garden has been postponed, the National Hockey League announced today.

The game will be rescheduled. The date and time will be announced at a later date.

The National Hockey League wishes to express its sympathy to all affected by the tragic events that took place in Boston earlier this afternoon.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Boston.

What kind of person blows up a marathon finish line? That's messed up.

You know the answer. The some types that hijack planes and fly those into buildings. don't doubt this. High profile internationally known event. Patriots Day in Boston. Think about it.

You know the answer. The some types that hijack planes and fly those into buildings. don't doubt this. High profile internationally known event. Patriots Day in Boston. Think about it.

Might be best to wait until more information is released before jumping to unfounded conclusions.

What kind of person blows up a marathon finish line? That's messed up.

that was my first thought... Boston is tough. Bravo to the first responders. prayers for those in Boston.

Guest DeGraa55

I agree. But it is important to remember there are other lunatics out there. My guess right now is 75% think its the terrorists 25% think its some random citizen.

But Boston has cameras on every street corner. Well know soon enough who really did this.

Pretty scary that they still consider the situation "active" enough to cancel the Bruins/Sens game. I imagine the feds just called Bettman up and said cancel it.

The authorities said the situation was still evolving when an explosion reportedly occurred at JFK library in Southie around 4pm. They are advising people to stay home/at hotel for the evening. Patriots day is normally a huge party day/night in Beantown. Sick f***ers are obviously trying to make some kind of statement with these cowardly acts.

Guest DeGraa55

The authorities said the situation was still evolving when an explosion reportedly occurred at JFK library in Southie around 4pm. They are advising people to stay home/at hotel for the evening. Patriots day is normally a huge party day/night in Beantown. Sick f***ers are obviously trying to make some kind of statement with these cowardly acts.

Last I heard the library wasn't a bomb it was a unrelated mechanical fire.

I agree. But it is important to remember there are other lunatics out there. My guess right now is 75% think its the terrorists 25% think its some random citizen.

But Boston has cameras on every street corner. Well know soon enough who really did this.

just my opinion, if this was done by a "random citizen", that random citizen is a terrorist.

Given the nature of the incident, the lack of information, and that this is a hockey discussion forum, I ask that everyone avoid speculation and go the extra step to be civil to one another.

I understand the inclination to discuss all aspects of the event, but this isn't really the appropriate place.

Thoughts and prayers to those Boston.

Well I think it's safe to say whoever did it is in for a real s*** storm. Which is why I'm hoping it was the jerks responsible for the "Zero" candy bar. Those confectionery necromancers need to be taken down a peg or two for trying to pawn off that sugary frankenstein on an American public who only recently began to tolerate dark chocolate as "something a little different".

Note of clarification: Dark chocolate isn't some sort of alternative chocolate wizardry. It's just what chocolate is supposed to be like. Milk chocolate, the kind we've come to accept as regular chocolate, is (historically speaking) the new kid on the block having only been mass produced since the turn of the century. As such, when the Milky Way Midnight (read: dark) debuted in the late 1990s the company was really only giving you what would have been a regular old Milky Way prior to 1900.

Guest Crymson

I lived in Israel during the height of the Al-Aqsa Intifada, so I have seen this scene many times over. I am sad for the citizens of Boston that it has invaded their peaceful lives also.