• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

Six outdoor games in 2014 for NHL

Rate this topic

I live in southern CA and I have absolutely no desire to go to a game like that here. Mainly because I hate both of those teams.. But still. The NHL is kind of like Hollywood is with 3d movies. Just throw as much dog poop out there as you can and just assume the people will flock to it. The sad thing is, is that I'm sure that its gonna work. I'd rather have 1 outdoor game a year and that's it. The WC is still going to be the best game, that's what matters most.

Ice in Los Angeles won't be a problem, as long as Lindsay Lohan sticks to her rehab regimen.

I fully believe that the League's "plan" wasn't concocted overnight, that it was roughed-out before Lockout v3.0. All of Uncle Gary's bleating about "lost revenue" because of the lockout seems pretty hollow now. It's sad that the "lost revenue" will be more than made up out of the wallets of "the greatest fans in the world".

It's a matter of preference. Do you all want it to be a one-time event annually? If so, you probably won't like this, as is the majority. If you want the league to be more popular in general, it's probably a good thing with all these games.

I'm all for a few more outdoor games a year. If it's the league's goal to pull this off on an annual basis now, it'll likely eventually run its course but even though I pretty much just watch games of my favorite team, for any sport, it's a cool concept that typically isn't done much.

And 6 times a year out of hundreds and hundreds of games in a season isn't much at all. Enough to keep the concept in your minds, but not overdoing it and hopefully drawing some new fans along the way. If you just want 1 outdoor game a year, well I don't know what to tell you.

I look forward to tuning into all of these games. Probably one of the very few but all for these games.

It's a matter of preference. Do you all want it to be a one-time event annually? If so, you probably won't like this, as is the majority. If you want the league to be more popular in general, it's probably a good thing with all these games.
I'm all for a few more outdoor games a year. If it's the league's goal to pull this off on an annual basis now, it'll likely eventually run its course but even though I pretty much just watch games of my favorite team, for any sport, it's a cool concept that typically isn't done much.
And 6 times a year out of hundreds and hundreds of games in a season isn't much at all. Enough to keep the concept in your minds, but not overdoing it and hopefully drawing some new fans along the way. If you just want 1 outdoor game a year, well I don't know what to tell you.
I look forward to tuning into all of these games. Probably one of the very few but all for these games.

I'm cool with more outdoor games, but no southern market teams.

I don't even want it annually, would prefer something like all 2 or maybe even 3 years to keep it unique and special. Having a Rollerblade-Classic is not my understanding of an outdoor-game but I guess uncle Gary and his stupid BOG don't care much about the integrity of the game. Personally speaking I also don't want the league to be more popular all I want is good, tight hockey with enforcers, hard-hitting and less comparisions with other league, hockey is hockey it is different and I like it that way.