• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

Franzen.... cares?!

Rate this topic

Okay, seriously... I had to make a thread about this one gents...

Coach Mike Babcock and Johan Franzen have differing opinions when it comes to the veteran forward's production.

Babcock has no problems with what Franzen has given him this season.

"The Mule's been scoring goals," Babcock said. "I think Mule's been good. We played him at center, we played him at wing, changed lines. I thought him and (Valtteri Filppula) in Chicago, with (Daniel Cleary), were our best line.

"And then (Sunday vs. Nashville) they were solid as well. That's important for us."

"My last seven games, I don't want to talk about this," Franzen said Tuesday. "This makes me pissed."

"He's been important for us, scoring some key goals down the stretch and everybody knows how he plays in the playoffs," Filppula said. "So it's a good start that he's playing well right now."

Edited by evilzyme

Good I hope hes pissed. I hope hes pissed for the next 8 years. Then we may get his playoff production year round.

nothing scarier than playing against a guy with a chip on his shoulder

Edited by Din758

Guest The Axe

Of course, you have to remember Franzen's pissed is throwing mouth guards.

Good I hope hes pissed. I hope hes pissed for the next 8 years. Then we may get his playoff production year round.

nothing scarier than playing against a guy with a chip on his shoulder

What he needs is the coach to also help fuel the fire, not tell him that he's performing the way he wants. Always try to get more out of your players. Babcock should know the potential of Mule and should know that he's capable of more. He should dig to get that out of him, not help reinforce the fact that he likes and is doing things good. No, I want 110%. I want it all and I want more, I want your heart on the ice, I want your sweat to turn into blood because there's nothing more you could possibly sweat out. BABY I WANT IT. GIVE IT TO ME.

And? Everyone here loved it at the time. I like seeing him do that - it shows that he's into the game and cares. He shouldn't have to pound in Colton Orr's face to prove that.

Hopefully this is a sign that things will start to pick up for him. Realisitically, he seems to be the type of player that needs to play with good linemates to succeed. So hopefully some of the guys around him (i.e. Filppula) get it together. That could help keep Franzen's production rising.

I refrained from throwing my shoe at Mule in Nashville this past weekend. Heaven knows, I have not been not happy with him. :glare:

He actually DID look like he cared, I have to say. He was good out there, it's like the overachieving Abby/Z/Datsyuk line made him sit up and take notice? Something... whatever, I will take it, let's see if he can continue and be consistent in this upswing. Mouth-guards all stayed in place, but he had a nice little snarl going on out there at times. I also came close to trading Franzen to the Preds fan next to me at the game, for Legwand (their current bag o' pucks). I decided to keep the lazy Swede I know. Hopefully, that was the right decision. :lol:

By the way, I ran into Abby and Z in the hotel elevator (separate occasions) over the weekend in Nashville. We have named Z/Abby/Dats the "Elevator Line" and think they should be doomed to ride the glass elevators with us forever, or until they stop scoring. LOL~

Had Franzen not made that move though, none of us would have realized that Kanes mouth guard is magic, and when an opponent pulls it from his mouth, mystical phantom refs materialize out of thin air to protect him.

I refrained from throwing my shoe at Mule in Nashville this past weekend. Heaven knows, I have not been not happy with him. :glare:

He actually DID look like he cared, I have to say. He was good out there, it's like the overachieving Abby/Z/Datsyuk line made him sit up and take notice? Something... whatever, I will take it, let's see if he can continue and be consistent in this upswing. Mouth-guards all stayed in place, but he had a nice little snarl going on out there at times. I also came close to trading Franzen to the Preds fan next to me at the game, for Legwand (their current bag o' pucks). I decided to keep the lazy Swede I know. Hopefully, that was the right decision. :lol:

By the way, I ran into Abby and Z in the hotel elevator (separate occasions) over the weekend in Nashville. We have named Z/Abby/Dats the "Elevator Line" and think they should be doomed to ride the glass elevators with us forever, or until they stop scoring. LOL~

Overachieving?