• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

Franzen.... cares?!

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

Looks like Franzen has finally put it together. With the shortened season it makes sense. Just glad he's looking like a game changer again!

Ya for how long? If were lucky hell carry us to the playoffs by that time he will be ice cold.

Guest DeGraa55

Yeah because Franzen has such a history of not showing up for playoffs... :dozing:

His history is red hot then ice cold then red hot etc etc etc

Ya for how long? If were lucky hell carry us to the playoffs by that time he will be ice cold.

I get your frustration man, but you may as well relax and try to enjoy his hot streaks. He's going to be around for a long time and I imagine he'll always be streaky.

It was a statistical anomaly. Whine all you want. That doesn't change anything. Teams sometimes lose games because of bad luck, bad breaks, or mistakes.

That said, exactly what do you expect Babcock to say? That his goalie make a horrific mistake? That the team is playing horribly? That several players flat-out suck? That the organization is in the pits? Not only would those be untrue, you're also missing some very basic aspects of human social interaction. Babcock can and no doubt does let loose with what he thinks in private, to the players and to those others who need to hear it. When it comes to the public, that not OK. Doing so would cause tension between he and the players. Tortorella is the only coach of note who does it, and it causes serious problems in the locker room.

Give that some thought.

I wasn't suggesting he call them out in the press. The fact that he makes excuses to the press is a symptom in my opinion. If my guys weren't executing for s***, and because of this aren't winning games, I'll let them know it by reducing their ice time/benching them. And then when the media heads ask questions I'll tell them what happened. We failed to execute properly. We made lazy line changes. We left our goalie out to dry. No need to downplay the fact that this team has looked like garbage all too frequently this year. Own it, and prove that you're trying to fix it through your personnel moves.

If San Jose can bench Joe Thornton for playing like sh*t, then Babs can quit making excuses for two f*** ups which cost us valuable points, or saying how consistent we are when after we lose to Calgary (for the third time). To me, that undermines accountability.

Edited by kipwinger